• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA beat a top 10 team by 20, and lost @ Duke in the final minute.

Tennessee squeaked out a win at home against Nick Saban college.

I could see UVA actually staying put. Michigan lost as well and with Duke's loss earlier this week, it'll probably shake out as #1 Tenn, #2 Gonzaga, #3 Duke, #4 UVA

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke right now is 6-1 versus the current AP Top 25, who else has that kind of resume?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA beat a top 10 team by 20, and lost @ Duke in the final minute.

Tennessee squeaked out a win at home against Nick Saban college.

UVa deserves to be #1, tbh. Their resume is better than Tennessee's. Both are pretty legit teams.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... Typical Leonard Hamilton team...

I can accept a hiccup at Pitt, but getting handled by Boston fucking College?

Same shit, different year.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are gross away from home yet again. Luckily FSU just has to stay within the top 70 for it to be a quad 1 win for Duke I think (since it was a road game).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. We just lost our back up center, PJ Horne, probably for the season with a torn meniscus. He was basically our only front court player on the roster besides Blackshear. So now if he gets in foul trouble (which he does a lot), we'll be playing all guards. That's probably gonna eliminate us from being any kind of factor in the top half of the ACC. Horne didn't put up gaudy stats, but his limited minutes were vital to keeping things manageable whenever Blackshear sat (whether its fouls or just rest).

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU will never take its basketball program seriously. Grateful for an Elite 8 run last year but it was painfully obvious how Leonard Hamilton mismanaged the end of that game. He doesn't know how to make in game adjustments. This team gets out coached every single night and wins games because of its athleticism. Bring in somebody who is actually going to coach these kids. This is another team that has Final Four talent that is going to end up squarely on the bubble.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa is #1 in Kenpom, BPI and NET. If they actually fall back from #4, it's an absolute travesty.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach K said Tre Jones is doubtful to play at Pitt. He later said "He's not going to play unless something miraculous happens." Added that Jones is making great progress.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU will never take its basketball program seriously. Grateful for an Elite 8 run last year but it was painfully obvious how Leonard Hamilton mismanaged the end of that game. He doesn't know how to make in game adjustments. This team gets out coached every single night and wins games because of its athleticism. Bring in somebody who is actually going to coach these kids. This is another team that has Final Four talent that is going to end up squarely on the bubble.

I swear Leonard Hamilton has squandered more talent than any other coach in college basketball. I'm still stunned FSU won the ACC a few years back. That should count double for you guys considering Hamilton was the coach

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are who I thought we were. Fringe top-25ish team. Glad we got those two ass whoopings out of the way... easily our toughest road games of the year.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear Leonard Hamilton has squandered more talent than any other coach in college basketball. I'm still stunned FSU won the ACC a few years back. That should count double for you guys considering Hamilton was the coach

The funny part is that team had NO business winning the ACC. One of the least talented teams Leonard Hamilton has had there during his tenure. There's just so much talent that he has absolutely wasted. That Bacon and Issac team was Final Four good. They got beat by 30+ in the 2nd round by Xavier. I was actually at that game and just shook my head at how dumbfounded Leonard was by Xavier's 1-3-1 defense. Made 0 adjustments and got blown out for it. I think our expectations may be just to high for a football school that isn't very good at football right now either.

Let's see if they can right the ship back home tonight against Clemson.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny part is that team had NO business winning the ACC. One of the least talented teams Leonard Hamilton has had there during his tenure. There's just so much talent that he has absolutely wasted. That Bacon and Issac team was Final Four good. They got beat by 30+ in the 2nd round by Xavier. I was actually at that game and just shook my head at how dumbfounded Leonard was by Xavier's 1-3-1 defense. Made 0 adjustments and got blown out for it. I think our expectations may be just to high for a football school that isn't very good at football right now either.

Let's see if they can right the ship back home tonight against Clemson.

2012 was probably Hamilton's most experienced team and tbh, they were easily his best team since he's been @ FSU.

also, the luck of the draw is huge in college hoops. In 2012, Duke was still transitioning from classic Duke to OAD era Duke. They lost in the Round of 64 to Duke that year. UNC was loaded that year, but that team had chemistry issues. On top of that, John Henson missed the ACC Finals.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 was probably Hamilton's most experienced team and tbh, they were easily his best team since he's been @ FSU.

also, the luck of the draw is huge in college hoops. In 2012, Duke was still transitioning from classic Duke to OAD era Duke. They lost in the Round of 64 to Duke that year. UNC was loaded that year, but that team had chemistry issues. On top of that, John Henson missed the ACC Finals.

Experienced team, absolutely. Loaded with juniors and seniors. And a 27 year old Bernard James haha. The talent on that team doesn't compare to what Leonard has had recently in my opinion. . Guys like Bacon, Issac, Beasley, Mann, MJ Walker, Forrest blow Loucks, Dulkys, Gibson, and Snaer out of the water, although Snaer was a heck of a player. I think that 2012 team was a great "team" because they came together at the right time and played well together. Went from a projected 5-6 before the ACC Tourney to a 3 after winning it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice seeing the Peterson Events Center have an atmosphere. Was always one of the underrated atmospheres in all of college basketball.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice seeing the Peterson Events Center have an atmosphere. Was always one of the underrated atmospheres in all of college basketball.

I liked it better when they were going 0-18 in league play

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experienced team, absolutely. Loaded with juniors and seniors. And a 27 year old Bernard James haha. The talent on that team doesn't compare to what Leonard has had recently in my opinion. . Guys like Bacon, Issac, Beasley, Mann, MJ Walker, Forrest blow Loucks, Dulkys, Gibson, and Snaer out of the water, although Snaer was a heck of a player. I think that 2012 team was a great "team" because they came together at the right time and played well together. Went from a projected 5-6 before the ACC Tourney to a 3 after winning it.

those teams were young and unless you're pulling in classes like Duke and UK, youth isn't going to get you far.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pat Kennedy was the same in the early 90's... Great talent but mostly a street ball team.