• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 3 All-Star G's bring the Rangers home to face the Tigers at the Grill - 7/5-7

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gibson's trade value is of more importance than winning any game that he might pitch in this month. Therefore, I think it was a huge mistake to not take him out after 6 innings. If he gets through 5 or 6 then take him out, at least for the rest of the month.
Agreed. He seems to tire around 85-90 pitches max.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my participation has been lacking lately due to the cable issues, but I’ll be around for the Saturday game against Oakland on FS1, the draft, and the all star game.

I haven’t watched the all star game in 10 years since we were a team who was looking to benefit from winning home field.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my participation has been lacking lately due to the cable issues, but I’ll be around for the Saturday game against Oakland on FS1, the draft, and the all star game.

I haven’t watched the all star game in 10 years since we were a team who was looking to benefit from winning home field.
get back soon

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I have never advocated for trading him just to be rid of him, but if we have to trade him, I would be in favor of trying hard to bring him back.
Totally realize that. Just wondering how long will we be in a rebuild

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not seem to have the same effect on Adolis etc
Not sure, but it may affect some guys a lot more than others depending on what their weaknesses and strengths are as hitters.

I would imagine some of Joey's improvements are simply due to some adjustments he made. Now, how much of those two factors, or others, contributed what percentage to his improvement, who knows.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe has had an uptick as well.
and IKF has gone the other way. Been ups and downs since the beginning. We saw the same with Odor and Gallo.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and IKF has gone the other way. Been ups and downs since the beginning. We saw the same with Odor and Gallo.

Whatever is helping Joey, let's hope it keeps doing it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And IKF is in unexplored territory for him playing everyday and it’s bound to have an effect on him. Same for Solak and a couple of others.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Beltre and Michel Young we always knew what we would get. Just not so with Gallo and that is why I am not in favor locking him down for more than a couple years. When he's hot he's hot but when he's not, well you know. Hope the FO makes the right decision no matter which way they choose.
Problem is that he and his agent aren’t going to accept a couple of years contract when there are teams out there are going to be waving 5+ year contracts in their direction if he hasn’t signed a similar level contract with Texas before the off-season. I don’t think the Rangers want to lose him but I also don’t think the Rangers are prepared to give him a mega-deal at this time

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that he and his agent aren’t going to accept a couple of years contract when there are teams out there are going to be waving 5+ year contracts in their direction if he hasn’t signed a similar level contract with Texas before the off-season. I don’t think the Rangers want to lose him but I also don’t think the Rangers are prepared to give him a mega-deal at this time
I guess we will find out how bad he wants to stay. Maybe he will pull a Pudge and be very proactive to make sure things get done.

At this point, the team is going to take a huge public relations hit if they trade him. That part has changed drastically.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will find out how bad he wants to stay. Maybe he will pull a Pudge and be very proactive to make sure things get done.

At this point, the team is going to take a huge public relations hit if they trade him. That part has changed drastically.
Yes. He is the face of the Rangers and don’t think they can spin this correctly if they let him go for little. They have to make a legitimate offer or it will leak and they will look like they have no intention to build a WSC team

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was a little surprised to see that Gallo has only played 2 full seasons. If he stays healthy he should be good for 200-250 homers over the next 5 years.