• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The 2024 Season Prediction Thread.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to our annual Season Prediction Thread!! Are you hopeful? Unimpressed? or more cautious than in previous seasons? The drill is quite simple, here's the 2024-2025 Commanders' schedule, what will be their final W/L record? Please justify your prediction.​

1724921915109.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Commanders have a new coaching staff and with Jayden Daniels, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, leading the team, there’s a sense of excitement and anticipation for most while others concern themselves with a sense of dread because of his slight build and visions of Drake Maye in their rearview mirrors. The defense is expected to improve under the guidance of Dan Quinn, and with Kliff Kingsbury as the offensive coordinator, the offense should also see some positive changes.

Overall, while the Commanders finished with a 4-13 record last season, the team’s roster has been significantly remade. Over 20 outside free agents were signed, nine players were drafted, and 11 undrafted free agents were signed. With these changes, the Commanders could be a team to watch out for, potentially surprising many as a playoff contender. Keyword… “potentially.”

For the Washington Commanders’ 2024 season, predictions and expectations based on various analyses have experts predicting them to finish in wild ranges going anywhere from 2-15 to 7-10.

Now, for the moment that some of you are waiting for. I disagree with the experts and predict that this team is a playoff team that won’t realize its potential until it’s too late. That said, with one of the weaker WR corps in the league, this is now an 8-win team as of the date that I posted it they’ll finish 2nd in the division and simultaneously have folks wondering about consistency. Strange…I know!

How will all of this play itself out?

• Either Dallas or Philly will falter, both won’t be good and because of internal strife, one will not be the team that it’s projected to be. Which one? I don’t know!
  • The primary reason behind a 8 win campaign will be Washington's defense which will not see 15 teams better than the one we’ll see here this year. (Yep a top-15 defense)
  • Similarly, the Commanders' offense will finish in the 13 to 15th ranked one in the league and the combination of the two things (offense/defense) brings me to how all of this translates to inconsistency.
  • After failing to address key spots during the offseason, especially at WR and Cornerback, they will perform well in fits and spurts. I would not be surprised if they begin the season 3-1, because what follows will be struggles during the next four games, and this good/bad pattern will continue for the entirety of the 2024 campaign. (3-1 then 1-3 then 3-1 etc.)
  • In a 17-game season, when broken down into four separate blocks, the mathematicians among us will note that the last block has 5 games. The last one against Dallas on January 5th, 2025 at their place will be the source of hope heading into the 2025 season. If you follow the pattern laid out in this post, that game should be the one that makes this team a 9-win team and possibly a wildcard playoff one.
Finally, a set-aside prediction about Jayden Daniels, who is going to be the QB of this team for years to come will have a really good season but not the signature spectacular one that I expect from him until the 2025 season. I’ve come to this conclusion for two reasons.

• The obvious one that I’ve been talking about for the better part of two years now, is a weak WR corp that now includes newly signed Noah Brown.
  • He (Daniels) has historical markers, a “tell” if you will, that indicates a familiarity and/or comfort level that shows up statistically in a higher completion percentage during his second full season, wherever he’s playing. Here are those stats.
1724922545376.png

SN: Jayden Daniels only played in four games during the 2020 season at Arizona State due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to a shortened and disrupted college football season. The PAC-12 Conference, to which Arizona State belongs, initially canceled the fall season and later decided to play a modified schedule starting in November 2020. This resulted in fewer games played. So, 2020 is an outlier.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Commanders have a new coaching staff and with Jayden Daniels, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, leading the team, there’s a sense of excitement and anticipation for most while others concern themselves with a sense of dread because of his slight build and visions of Drake Maye in their rearview mirrors. The defense is expected to improve under the guidance of Dan Quinn, and with Kliff Kingsbury as the offensive coordinator, the offense should also see some positive changes.

Overall, while the Commanders finished with a 4-13 record last season, the team’s roster has been significantly remade. Over 20 outside free agents were signed, nine players were drafted, and 11 undrafted free agents were signed. With these changes, the Commanders could be a team to watch out for, potentially surprising many as a playoff contender. Keyword… “potentially.”

For the Washington Commanders’ 2024 season, predictions and expectations based on various analyses have experts predicting them to finish in wild ranges going anywhere from 2-15 to 7-10.

Now, for the moment that some of you are waiting for. I disagree with the experts and predict that this team is a playoff team that won’t realize its potential until it’s too late. That said, with one of the weaker WR corps in the league, this is now an 8-win team as of the date that I posted it they’ll finish 2nd in the division and simultaneously have folks wondering about consistency. Strange…I know!

How will all of this play itself out?

• Either Dallas or Philly will falter, both won’t be good and because of internal strife, one will not be the team that it’s projected to be. Which one? I don’t know!
  • The primary reason behind a 8 win campaign will be Washington's defense which will not see 15 teams better than the one we’ll see here this year. (Yep a top-15 defense)
  • Similarly, the Commanders' offense will finish in the 13 to 15th ranked one in the league and the combination of the two things (offense/defense) brings me to how all of this translates to inconsistency.
  • After failing to address key spots during the offseason, especially at WR and Cornerback, they will perform well in fits and spurts. I would not be surprised if they begin the season 3-1, because what follows will be struggles during the next four games, and this good/bad pattern will continue for the entirety of the 2024 campaign. (3-1 then 1-3 then 3-1 etc.)
  • In a 17-game season, when broken down into four separate blocks, the mathematicians among us will note that the last block has 5 games. The last one against Dallas on January 5th, 2025 at their place will be the source of hope heading into the 2025 season. If you follow the pattern laid out in this post, that game should be the one that makes this team a 9-win team and possibly a wildcard playoff one.
Finally, a set-aside prediction about Jayden Daniels, who is going to be the QB of this team for years to come will have a really good season but not the signature spectacular one that I expect from him until the 2025 season. I’ve come to this conclusion for two reasons.

• The obvious one that I’ve been talking about for the better part of two years now, is a weak WR corp that now includes newly signed Noah Brown.
  • He (Daniels) has historical markers, a “tell” if you will, that indicates a familiarity and/or comfort level that shows up statistically in a higher completion percentage during his second full season, wherever he’s playing. Here are those stats.
View attachment 372379

SN: Jayden Daniels only played in four games during the 2020 season at Arizona State due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to a shortened and disrupted college football season. The PAC-12 Conference, to which Arizona State belongs, initially canceled the fall season and later decided to play a modified schedule starting in November 2020. This resulted in fewer games played. So, 2020 is an outlier.

So you have 8 wins this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us on the top end as being a 7 win team . The big question for some of you is why ?

My reasoning is simple , this off season we made some great strides adding JD5 , Wagner and Luvu. That 3 guys I feel that can start for a Super Bowl contending team ,

And this is the issue , how many guys do we have that can start for a contending team.

Now let’s look at our offense , I see the aforementioned JD5 , Mac , badass, cosmi and Robinson as guys who can do that . I see potentially Sinnot , Coleman ( somewhere on the o/line ) doing that , LMC being a contributor,

So after all this I see 5 current guys out of 11 being starters , with 2 needing seasoning

Now on defense I see Allen , Payne , luvu and Wagner doing that , with Martin and Sanistril, potentially getting there ( strongly ) possibly newton

So that is 4 out of 11starters can start for a contender .

The truth is 9 out of 22 are of superbowl contending quality .. we have some guys who can be contributors but the cold hard truth is this roster needs another full year of construction pending how guys are coached up

This is why I have been opposed to trading for a BA or a Higgins because that only gives us one more guy who can start for a contender . You trade for that type of guy to put you over the threshold not as a glorified building block while stifling your ability to improve the team long term in the future

Now if you put Homerism aside and really look at this roster then you know this is a sub 500 team . If you look at our cap and stockpiled draft picks you can see a path to being a perennial contender . A new draft class and some free agent additions like BA or Higgins allows you to maximize resources and allows you to keep core players and rotate new players in to reinforce your team with good young talent

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us on the top end as being a 7 win team . The big question for some of you is why ?

My reasoning is simple , this off season we made some great strides adding JD5 , Wagner and Luvu. That 3 guys I feel that can start for a Super Bowl contending team ,

And this is the issue , how many guys do we have that can start for a contending team.

Now let’s look at our offense , I see the aforementioned JD5 , Mac , badass, cosmi and Robinson as guys who can do that . I see potentially Sinnot , Coleman ( somewhere on the o/line ) doing that , LMC being a contributor,

So after all this I see 5 current guys out of 11 being starters , with 2 needing seasoning

Now on defense I see Allen , Payne , luvu and Wagner doing that , with Martin and Sanistril, potentially getting there ( strongly ) possibly newton

So that is 4 out of 11starters can start for a contender .

The truth is 9 out of 22 are of superbowl contending quality .. we have some guys who can be contributors but the cold hard truth is this roster needs another full year of construction pending how guys are coached up

This is why I have been opposed to trading for a BA or a Higgins because that only gives us one more guy who can start for a contender . You trade for that type of guy to put you over the threshold not as a glorified building block while stifling your ability to improve the team long term in the future

Now if you put Homerism aside and really look at this roster then you know this is a sub 500 team . If you look at our cap and stockpiled draft picks you can see a path to being a perennial contender . A new draft class and some free agent additions like BA or Higgins allows you to maximize resources and allows you to keep core players and rotate new players in to reinforce your team with good young talent
would be an absolute miracle if we were a playoff team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are far too many questions about this team to give an intelligent prognosis.

I will start with the QB. Jayden Daniels, if he can remain healthy, is the absolute least of my worries. I think he will be an absolute stud, and I am not sure of there has ever been another player like him. The closest is Randall Cunningham but I think JD is far more accurate.

I have no idea what to expect from the OL. There will be a minimum of three new starters. The only mainstay I am confident in is Cosmi and the only addition I am sure of is Biadasz. I hope Coleman far exceeds the expectations of a third round OT, and I hope Andrietti is the stud of the SB. Even then we still have Wylie. I think Biadasz will be our saving grace though and will make the OL much better through his leadership and knowledge.

I have a good amount of confidence in our RBs. I think BROB is far better than he is given credit for, especially as a receiver. Ekeler looks pretty good now but honestly, I hope we see far less of him than most because I drafted BROB and think he can be a 3 down back.

WR is a huge question mark. We have TM, who will go for 1200 this season and 6 TDs…if JD is healthy. After that, I have littler confidence but am always hopeful.

TE is interesting. I hope to see a lot of Sinnott. Ertz is old and don’t expect much.

The defensive side is even more chaotic. Obviously DT is a huge strength. Our DEs leave a little hope but average is likely what they are, expecting about 8 sacks from each side on the season.

LB should be a huge strength. We have a sure fire HOFer and Luvu is a stud.

Our secondary leaves me with little confidence but I am hoping Quinn brings some magic. At best I have no idea what to expect, at worst my fears will be answered as correct and our secondary is going to be the worst in football.

So, I predict a record between 1-16 and 13-4. I feel confident I am correct.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2)Philadelphia
5)Dallas
Washington 8-9
New York

3)Detroit
6)Chicago
7)Green Bay
Minnesota

4)Atlanta
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Carolina

1)San Francisco
Los Angeles
Seattle
Arizona

3)Miami
5)New York
7)Buffalo
New England

2)Baltimore
6)Cincinnati
Cleveland
Pittsburgh

4)Houston
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee

1)Kansas City
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Denver

Kansas City > San Francisco

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to put Cleveland over Cincinnati so bad.
I just have no idea what Watson we are going to get and what Nick Chubb looks like.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to put Cleveland over Cincinnati so bad.
I just have no idea what Watson we are going to get and what Nick Chubb looks like.

You won’t find out what Chubb looks like until at least week 5. From there, I don’t expect him to be close to what we are used to.

that being said, it is Nick Chubb, the most underrated RB I have ever seen.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to our annual Season Prediction Thread!! Are you hopeful? Unimpressed? or more cautious than in previous seasons? The drill is quite simple, here's the 2024-2025 Commanders' schedule, what will be their final W/L record? Please justify your prediction.​

View attachment 372377

View attachment 372377

My prediction is 10-7 - We will sweep NYG, and split with PHI & DAL - Losses: TB, CLE, BAL, CHI, CIN
Surprising Loss - week 1 vs Tampa - lack of pass rush, poor secondary play, and inexperience of Jayden Daniel cost us the game.
Somehow Mike Evans runs wild.

Surprising Win vs Pittsburg -- The steelers are just a step too slow the entire game, Daniels does damage with RPO, and the run game allows
McLaurin and Sinott to score. Wilson is benched after the loss.

I have some serious concerns about our secondary BUT, i'm optimistic about our pass rush. a good pass rush can save us until we get proper upgrades. I tried to make this prediction before reading everyone else's post so i wouldnt be swayed on what i truly believe.
For those who say 10 wins is outrageous, i'd say think about what we did with a dysfunctional team for several years and how close some games were

Sincerely,

Skin'emAll

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is 10-7 - We will sweep NYG, and split with PHI & DAL - Losses: TB, CLE, BAL, CHI, CIN
Surprising Loss - week 1 vs Tampa - lack of pass rush, poor secondary play, and inexperience of Jayden Daniel cost us the game.

Surprising Win vs Pittsburg -- The steelers are just a step too slow the entire game, Daniels does damage with RPO, and the run game allows

I have some serious concerns about our secondary BUT, i'm optimistic about our pass rush. a good pass rush can save us until we get proper upgrades. I tried to make this prediction before reading everyone else's post so i wouldnt be swayed on what i truly believe.
For those who say 10 wins is outrageous, i'd say think about what we did with a dysfunctional team for several years and how close some games were

Sincerely,

Skin'emAll
All I am going to say is give me a bong hit of what you are smoking

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sincerely,

Skin'emAll
It looks like you're suggesting a replica of the Houston Texans season a year ago. Am I interpretIng your predictions correctly?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like you're suggesting a replica of the Houston Texans season a year ago. Am I interpretIng your predictions correctly?

that is true. If JD has a Stoud type season, why not?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD can gave that type of year but can the rest of the team ?

You think the defense will be last in the league again? If we are average on defense and JD5 has that Stroud type year, yes why not us?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the defense will be last in the league again? If we are average on defense and JD5 has that Stroud type year, yes why not us?
It might not be last but it isn’t top half either . Look at our roster dean It’s no where near a contender

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be last but it isn’t top half either . Look at our roster dean It’s no where near a contender

I didnt say contender for a Super Bowl. We are comparing on what Houston did last year.