• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024 Denver Broncos W-L Prediction Thread

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since I've predicted a complete schedule. Maybe the post-Manning years just took the fun away. Despite the O/U for this team being at 5.5 wins I am actually more excited about this season than I have been in a long time. I can partially understand the "experts" being down on this team. National media does the bare minimum when it comes to analyzing teams that aren't among their favorites. Even when the Broncos are good they tend to be overlooked, so a team that posted an 7-season high of 8 wins last year is definitely not going to get more attention then, "oh, starting QB left? Bottom feeder!"

And to be fair, even I have expressed doubt about the defense. Even if we remove the "feast or famine" outliers of last year's unit, from the 70 point performance to the incredible run of generating turnovers every week, it's hard to predict where this unit will land. And I don't have a lot of confidence in Vance Joseph. But I also think our run defense should be improved. And I've seen some reports to suggest we'll have a functional pass rush. Our secondary should be good. So maybe the unit as a whole will at least not be a huge liability.

On offense it is hard to imagine being worse. That is always possible as a rookie adjusts to the league (can't really use pre-season as a gauge). But I am sure Bo Nix can at least improve the infuriating rate of 3 and out. The Broncos were also 19th in scoring, showing a slightly below average relative to the rest of the league last year. Can Nix swing that to slightly above average? I think his style of play can because he's an all around better fit for the offense.

So let's get to my predictions:

Week 1, Broncos @ Seahawks: Win, 20-17. I already picked this score on another thread. 1-0.

Week 2, Broncos vs Steelers: Win, 23-7. RW shows the Broncos why they're paying him $80 million to not wear a Broncos uniform. 2-0.

Week 3, Broncos @ Buccaneers: Loss, 17-27. The Bucs are a hard team to figure out but early games in the EST are usually a dud for the Broncos. 2-1.

Week 4, Broncos @ Jets: Win, 23-20. The Broncos stay on the East Coast and it helps them adjust to another early East Coast game. 3-1.

Week 5, Broncos vs Raiders. Win, 29-10. A return home and what appears to be a breakout game creates a buzz. 4-1.

Week 6, Broncos vs Chargers. Win, 26-16. Chargers could go in any direction this year, but far less competent Broncos rosters have done well against far better Chargers rosters. Harbaugh should make this team competitive again, but he's got his work cut out for him in 2024. 5-1.

Week 7, Broncos @ Saints (TNF). Loss, 13-23. A short week and travel combine for another dud. 5-2.

Week 8, Broncos vs Panthers. Win, 31-3. A breath of fresh air. And they're going to need it... 6-2.

Week 9, Broncos @ Ravens. Loss, 17-34. A late TD makes the blowout loss look less "blowouty" but it's still an ugly one. 6-3.

Week 10, Broncos @ Chiefs. Loss, 21-27. Reality and maybe some fatigue is setting in. It's a lot season. 6-4.

Week 11, Broncos vs Falcons. Win, 24-21. The team is definitely showing signs of fatigue at this point but they gut out narrow win. 7-4.

Week 12, Broncos @ Raiders. Loss, 17-27. Raiders assemble just enough competent football to take advantage of an exhausted Broncos team. 7-5.

Week 13, Broncos vs Browns (MNF). Win, 31-23. An extra day of rest and a primetime showcase helps the Broncos get up for this one. 8-5.

Week 14, Bye. (Seriously, week 14...)

Week 15, Broncos vs Colts. Win, 31-20. A rested team comes off a much needed bye and the Broncos win another decisive one. They also secure their first winning season since 2016. 9-5.

Week 16, Broncos @ Chargers. Loss 24-26. In an oddly specific prediction the Chargers win this one on a late FG, set up by an overly generous Defensive PI call. Sean Payton and the crew all say all the right things, "That call didn't cost us the game." And they'll be right. But it did. 9-6.

Week 17, Broncos @ Bengals. Loss, 17-23. It's a tough swing, to play in PST one week and EST the next. Assuming Joe Burrows is healthy, the Bengals post a late season win and the Broncos are on the playoff bubble. 9-7.

Week 18, Broncos vs Chiefs. Win, 31-24. No, the Chiefs don't rest their starters, the Broncos just outplay them, punching their first playoff ticket since 2015. 10-7.

So there it is. 10 wins and 7 losses should be good enough for #7 or maybe even #6 in the playoffs. I think I am being optimistic with these but at this time of year that's ok. A much improved offense tallies up 395 points for an average of 23.2 PPG, a solid improvement over last year's 21 PPG. The defense allows a total of 348 points on the season for 20.5 PPG. This would be a massive improvement over last year's 24.3 PPG. An improvement of this caliber isn't entirely out of the realm of possible considering the once-in-a-generation 70 point performance against the Dolphins last year really skewing the stats.

So definitely optimistic. I've said ever since the draft I've felt this team could improve on last year's 8 wins. I've predicted them to an 8 or 9 win team multiple times, so doing a game by game breakdown teases out one more win in my prediction.

A 10-7 finish and playoff game would be huge for this young team and the entire franchise. Let's hear your thoughts.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since I've predicted a complete schedule. Maybe the post-Manning years just took the fun away. Despite the O/U for this team being at 5.5 wins I am actually more excited about this season than I have been in a long time. I can partially understand the "experts" being down on this team. National media does the bare minimum when it comes to analyzing teams that aren't among their favorites. Even when the Broncos are good they tend to be overlooked, so a team that posted an 7-season high of 8 wins last year is definitely not going to get more attention then, "oh, starting QB left? Bottom feeder!"

And to be fair, even I have expressed doubt about the defense. Even if we remove the "feast or famine" outliers of last year's unit, from the 70 point performance to the incredible run of generating turnovers every week, it's hard to predict where this unit will land. And I don't have a lot of confidence in Vance Joseph. But I also think our run defense should be improved. And I've seen some reports to suggest we'll have a functional pass rush. Our secondary should be good. So maybe the unit as a whole will at least not be a huge liability.

On offense it is hard to imagine being worse. That is always possible as a rookie adjusts to the league (can't really use pre-season as a gauge). But I am sure Bo Nix can at least improve the infuriating rate of 3 and out. The Broncos were also 19th in scoring, showing a slightly below average relative to the rest of the league last year. Can Nix swing that to slightly above average? I think his style of play can because he's an all around better fit for the offense.

So let's get to my predictions:

Week 1, Broncos @ Seahawks: Win, 20-17. I already picked this score on another thread. 1-0.

Week 2, Broncos vs Steelers: Win, 23-7. RW shows the Broncos why they're paying him $80 million to not wear a Broncos uniform. 2-0.

Week 3, Broncos @ Buccaneers: Loss, 17-27. The Bucs are a hard team to figure out but early games in the EST are usually a dud for the Broncos. 2-1.

Week 4, Broncos @ Jets: Win, 23-20. The Broncos stay on the East Coast and it helps them adjust to another early East Coast game. 3-1.

Week 5, Broncos vs Raiders. Win, 29-10. A return home and what appears to be a breakout game creates a buzz. 4-1.

Week 6, Broncos vs Chargers. Win, 26-16. Chargers could go in any direction this year, but far less competent Broncos rosters have done well against far better Chargers rosters. Harbaugh should make this team competitive again, but he's got his work cut out for him in 2024. 5-1.

Week 7, Broncos @ Saints (TNF). Loss, 13-23. A short week and travel combine for another dud. 5-2.

Week 8, Broncos vs Panthers. Win, 31-3. A breath of fresh air. And they're going to need it... 6-2.

Week 9, Broncos @ Ravens. Loss, 17-34. A late TD makes the blowout loss look less "blowouty" but it's still an ugly one. 6-3.

Week 10, Broncos @ Chiefs. Loss, 21-27. Reality and maybe some fatigue is setting in. It's a lot season. 6-4.

Week 11, Broncos vs Falcons. Win, 24-21. The team is definitely showing signs of fatigue at this point but they gut out narrow win. 7-4.

Week 12, Broncos @ Raiders. Loss, 17-27. Raiders assemble just enough competent football to take advantage of an exhausted Broncos team. 7-5.

Week 13, Broncos vs Browns (MNF). Win, 31-23. An extra day of rest and a primetime showcase helps the Broncos get up for this one. 8-5.

Week 14, Bye. (Seriously, week 14...)

Week 15, Broncos vs Colts. Win, 31-20. A rested team comes off a much needed bye and the Broncos win another decisive one. They also secure their first winning season since 2016. 9-5.

Week 16, Broncos @ Chargers. Loss 24-26. In an oddly specific prediction the Chargers win this one on a late FG, set up by an overly generous Defensive PI call. Sean Payton and the crew all say all the right things, "That call didn't cost us the game." And they'll be right. But it did. 9-6.

Week 17, Broncos @ Bengals. Loss, 17-23. It's a tough swing, to play in PST one week and EST the next. Assuming Joe Burrows is healthy, the Bengals post a late season win and the Broncos are on the playoff bubble. 9-7.

Week 18, Broncos vs Chiefs. Win, 31-24. No, the Chiefs don't rest their starters, the Broncos just outplay them, punching their first playoff ticket since 2015. 10-7.

So there it is. 10 wins and 7 losses should be good enough for #7 or maybe even #6 in the playoffs. I think I am being optimistic with these but at this time of year that's ok. A much improved offense tallies up 395 points for an average of 23.2 PPG, a solid improvement over last year's 21 PPG. The defense allows a total of 348 points on the season for 20.5 PPG. This would be a massive improvement over last year's 24.3 PPG. An improvement of this caliber isn't entirely out of the realm of possible considering the once-in-a-generation 70 point performance against the Dolphins last year really skewing the stats.

So definitely optimistic. I've said ever since the draft I've felt this team could improve on last year's 8 wins. I've predicted them to an 8 or 9 win team multiple times, so doing a game by game breakdown teases out one more win in my prediction.

A 10-7 finish and playoff game would be huge for this young team and the entire franchise. Let's hear your thoughts.
I said 12 wins but this really is more possible to get two 12 I would need 2 wins with e raiders and chargers .. so yes yours is way more reasonable .The Chargers new head coach makes that not likely

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling 11 - 6 on the Broncos for the season.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still at 6-11. Vegas is pretty good at what they do.

I might be convinced to go 7-10 since Payton has never lost fewer that 7 in a season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-10

Think we start to play pretty well at the end of the year.

We have to be able to beat the Chargers and Raiders this year though.

Division isn't great minus the Chiefs so we time to win some division games. That is a start to look forward to more success in 2025.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-10

Think we start to play pretty well at the end of the year.

We have to be able to beat the Chargers and Raiders this year though.

Division isn't great minus the Chiefs so we time to win some division games. That is a start to look forward to more success in 2025.
What am I missing? Both the Chargers and the Raiders have huge issues. The Chargers entire skill player position room is gone - just as Herbert is entering the "I've been hit too often" stage. The Raiders are also a mess - at least offensively.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing? Both the Chargers and the Raiders have huge issues. The Chargers entire skill player position room is gone - just as Herbert is entering the "I've been hit too often" stage. The Raiders are also a mess - at least offensively.

Exactly why I am saying we have to be able to beat the Raiders and Chargers this year. Not saying we have to go 4-0 but 3-1 or 2-2 would show improvement. Chargers and Raiders are super beatable to me, this is why I am saying we have to show we can beat them this year to show improvement. We have struggled horribly against division opponents the last 7 years. If we go 0-4 or 1-3 against these two teams it isn't going to show me much improvement.

My goal this year for the team is to show a lot of improvement as the year goes on. I don't think we can expect a Houston Texans like turn around i none year (although it would be nice) but we all have to be patient and realistic about this season. 7-10 while growing as the season goes on is ok this year, IMO... The better we are the better it is for us but I am just saying... We can have a successful year without having to win 10-12 years. Our success is different this year, IMO.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why I am saying we have to be able to beat the Raiders and Chargers this year. Not saying we have to go 4-0 but 3-1 or 2-2 would show improvement. Chargers and Raiders are super beatable to me, this is why I am saying we have to show we can beat them this year to show improvement. We have struggled horribly against division opponents the last 7 years. If we go 0-4 or 1-3 against these two teams it isn't going to show me much improvement.

My goal this year for the team is to show a lot of improvement as the year goes on. I don't think we can expect a Houston Texans like turn around i none year (although it would be nice) but we all have to be patient and realistic about this season. 7-10 while growing as the season goes on is ok this year, IMO... The better we are the better it is for us but I am just saying... We can have a successful year without having to win 10-12 years. Our success is different this year, IMO.
Who is this "we" you are referring to?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on which “we” you are referring to that I am referring to.

In the first paragraph "we" referred to the Denver Broncos. Who is the "we" in this 2nd paragraph? The pronounal shift was head spinning.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the first paragraph "we" referred to the Denver Broncos. Who is the "we" in this 2nd paragraph? The pronounal shift was head spinning.

Exciting times.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like turtles GIF

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much orange tint in this thread, but I hope all you homers are right :)

My predictions:

Week 1, Broncos @ Seahawks: Loss - tough for a Rookie QB to win in such a loud environment on the road.

Week 2, Broncos vs Steelers: Win - Payton pulls out all the stops to beat Russ.

Week 3, Broncos @ Buccaneers: Loss early road game on east coast.

Week 4, Broncos @ Jets: Loss Jets have a very solid roster and with even decent QB play they are going to be a very good team.

Week 5, Broncos vs Raiders. Win, gotta beat the Raiders and Payton knows this

Week 6, Broncos vs Chargers. Win See above.

Week 7, Broncos @ Saints (TNF). Win as Payton will really want this one as well

Week 8, Broncos vs Panthers. Win

Week 9, Broncos @ Ravens. Loss

Week 10, Broncos @ Chiefs. Loss

Week 11, Broncos vs Falcons. Loss - Falcons have a better roster than many realize.

Week 12, Broncos @ Raiders. Loss.

Week 13, Broncos vs Browns (MNF). Win as Browns are a mess, but man that D could be scary good.

Week 15, Broncos vs Colts. Win Colts aren't that good of a roster.

Week 16, Broncos @ Chargers. Loss as beating the Harbaugh coached team twice will be tough and Chargers are fighting for playoffs.

Week 17, Broncos @ Bengals. Loss Bengals have a bounce back year.

Week 18, Broncos vs Chiefs. Loss

I could see the Browns game, or any game for that matter going the other way in what I have for a win but 7-10 seems reasonable. Offense will show progress but with so many young players it is a steep learning curve with some hiccups. On defense we will show we are still a ways off in the front 7 to be really effective on that side of the ball as we really don't have any difference makers there and along with a young but talented secondary the D could struggle. VJ may need to update his resume.