• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this. Jarrett Allen plays Embiid better than most. I think the Sixers would need a big Maxey series. They need him to be both scorer and playmaker. Garland and Mitchell are turnstiles so he needs to exploit that matchup and break down the defense. That’s a matchup where Maxey is arguably more important than Embiid.

And it’s the playoffs so animal ball against Embiid will get a different whistle as it does every year.
Not sure I'd say he's more important than Embiid but some good points. I think Harris would play a huge role, as well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuses am I making? The team be healthy is now an excuse?

You guys got smoked in 5 last year. But I'm sure now that you Niang, things will be different this year. Probably conference champs.

You can't say for sure they wouldn't beat the 96 Bulls.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuses am I making? The team be healthy is now an excuse?

You guys got smoked in 5 last year. But I'm sure now that you Niang, things will be different this year. Probably conference champs.
You made excuses for the Embiid game 7 no show in which he played. I suspect you'll do the same should the cavs play them and pull it off.

did get smoked in 5.....with no shooters and a terrible bench. Niang for sure helps, but not just adding him. also were the youngest group of starters in the conference playing their 1st playoff series together.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said they have no one to stop Embiid. Literally nobody can stop Embiid now so who the fuck cares.

The Cavs have at least two 7 footers to throw at him which is more than most can say and they have a top 3 defense.

It just seems like you are throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks
They really have one guy they can throw at him. Since he’s entered the league the Cavs have done everything they could to limit the number of times Embiid is matched up against Mobley. Embiid generally treats him like a rag doll when matched up against Mobley. In fact, if this season ever comes to fruition, I’d actually play a game of chicken if I’m Nurse and I make sure I play Embiid in all of Allen’s off minutes. Mobley is much better as a perimeter defender. If I’m the Cavs I put Mobley on Tobias Harris. The Sixers need production from a third guy and that guy is Harris. Mobley could really limit what Harris does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I never said that.
But did imply he was a major reason your team struggled with him on the court being hunted. Played a lot more in games 1-6 and came away with a split. Go figure.

FYI, no one said he's anything special. as you say a likeable guy for sure.....also fills what was a desperate need for us in shooting and better bench play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you make it to game 7 with him being hunted in every action on the court? His fault, too, the guy they really needed to show up in a game 7 was a no-show?
I’m just telling you who the guy is in the playoffs. Actually, we’ve already done this before. I was telling flyer hawk because he doesn’t understand that you guys have no real playoff history other than failure with your core so you really have little idea what this group is like through one playoff matchup and 5 total games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or quits.
Nah, he’s never been healthy for the playoffs. Where do you think Embiid was in Games 1 and 2 of the Celtics series? Was he quitting or was he out with an injury.

Damn…tough room. Joel Embiid straps ‘em up and goes out and plays hurt just so Rain man can call him quitter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this. Jarrett Allen plays Embiid better than most. I think the Sixers would need a big Maxey series. They need him to be both scorer and playmaker. Garland and Mitchell are turnstiles so he needs to exploit that matchup and break down the defense. That’s a matchup where Maxey is arguably more important than Embiid.

And it’s the playoffs so animal ball against Embiid will get a different whistle as it does every year.

That's fine. I don't think think that they have enough to stop Embiid in the playoffs. Provided Embiid stays healthy. He has yet to do that so we'll have to see if he finally does this year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for?

Wonder why he was so put off by Nurse?

League sources say now that the desire to play for Griffin is better described as a determination to play for someone other than Nick Nurse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really have one guy they can throw at him. Since he’s entered the league the Cavs have done everything they could to limit the number of times Embiid is matched up against Mobley. Embiid generally treats him like a rag doll when matched up against Mobley. In fact, if this season ever comes to fruition, I’d actually play a game of chicken if I’m Nurse and I make sure I play Embiid in all of Allen’s off minutes. Mobley is much better as a perimeter defender. If I’m the Cavs I put Mobley on Tobias Harris. The Sixers need production from a third guy and that guy is Harris. Mobley could really limit what Harris does.
He's actually held his own as well as most. Not sure which games allen missed but do know Mobley has hit 40-69 against Philly in his career for about 14 ppg and 9 rpg. seems to limit Embiid shooting as much as anyone....agree Allen the better option, though. Embiid has mostly had pedestrian shooting games against the cavs when Mobley has played and Allen has missed at least a few of them.

I'll double check, but pretty sure Allen did not play in their game this season. Embiid was 9-21 for 32 with 13 rebounds and 6 TOs. Mobley was 6-10 for 18 pts and 12 reb.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made excuses for the Embiid game 7 no show in which he played. I suspect you'll do the same should the cavs play them and pull it off.

WTF are you talking about? Where did I even mentioned Embiid's game 7 performance? For a guy who loves to nitpick other people's responses to you, you sure seem fine with just making shit up.

Was Embiid injured for the Celtics series? Yes. Does that excuse his petulant performance in Game 7? Nope.

did get smoked in 5.....with no shooters and a terrible bench. Niang for sure helps, but not just adding him. also were the youngest group of starters in the conference playing their 1st playoff series together.

That sounds like excuses.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he’s never been healthy for the playoffs. Where do you think Embiid was in Games 1 and 2 of the Celtics series? Was he quitting or was he out with an injury.

Damn…tough room. Joel Embiid straps ‘em up and goes out and plays hurt just so Rain man can call him quitter.
He played in game 7 and was awful...big reason his team lost. Other guys have injuries but show up. He didn't, Tommy.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? Where did I even mentioned Embiid's game 7 performance? For a guy who loves to nitpick other people's responses to you, you sure seem fine with just making shit up.

Was Embiid injured for the Celtics series? Yes. Does that excuse his petulant performance in Game 7? Nope.

That sounds like excuses.
since I'll own if I'm wrong my apologies as to your first comment. we both agree Embiid was a no show in game 7 and a main reason his team went home.

I mean, we had a bad bench and a lack of shooters so we went out and improved the bench and our shooting. Excuses?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did imply he was a major reason your team struggled with him on the court being hunted. Played a lot more in games 1-6 and came away with a split. Go figure.

I said absolutely nothing about the Sixers struggling. I said that Niang is not a reliable playoff performer. He's not. This isn't some crazy claim.

FYI, no one said he's anything special. as you say a likeable guy for sure.....also fills what was a desperate need for us in shooting and better bench play.
Sure. He's helped the team. I have no ill will towards him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for?

Wonder why he was so put off by Nurse?

League sources say now that the desire to play for Griffin is better described as a determination to play for someone other than Nick Nurse.

the better question is why did they fire Bud?

This is akin to the Eagles firing Pederson