• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tried to call the 6th seed the 8th seed and got caught. Own it....or don't.
I didn't even look. They were 8th last year and the point being they are tough and talented. That point went over your head and you were very easily distracted.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East and West compare. I think it's close bc you have lower seeds in the West that are better imo. The resurgence of the Clippers shakes things up. PHX adding Beal changes things but they still need to prove it. BOS and MIL are better than the top 2 less experienced seeds in the West. I still favor the East but it isn't by a big margin.

1. BOS >> MIN
2. MIL > OKC
3. PHI push DEN - edge in playoffs to DEN
4. CLE < LAC
5. NY push PHX
6. MIA >> NO
7. IND < SAC
8. ORL < DAL
9. CHI < LAL
10. ATL > UTA - I guess
Might have a couple different. I'd put Denver over Philly and Phoenix over NY (but that assumes healthy which is no given for the suns). Cavs-Clips are close and that definitely depends on health.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not making any claims as to whether the Cavs recent performance is sustainable. Maybe the Cavs, without Garland and Mobley, are a 65 win level team. Seems unlikely but I guess we will see soon enough.
Not a 65 win team with or without those guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this makes sense. It will be interested to see what they do when Garland and Mobley come back. And I could definitely see the Cavs win their 1st round playoff series. Not sure after that though.
I definitely cannot wait to see what they do when healthy. Merrill looks like he has earned a spot in the rotation but hard to play 10 on a regular basis and think 9 spots are accounted for (well, when TT returns).

I could still see the cavs with a shot to beat anyone other than the Cs and maybe Bucks.....could also lose to anyone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even look. They were 8th last year and the point being they are tough and talented. That point went over your head and you were very easily distracted.
Yeah nice try....but you were wrong and got caught.

we are talking about this year if you hadn't forgotten. Last year the East was better. Do try and keep up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely cannot wait to see what they do when healthy. Merrill looks like he has earned a spot in the rotation but hard to play 10 on a regular basis and think 9 spots are accounted for (well, when TT returns).

I could still see the cavs with a shot to beat anyone other than the Cs and maybe Bucks.....could also lose to anyone.

I don't think they have much chance against the Celtics, Bucks, or Sixers in the playoffs. Assuming both teams are healthy. Knicks and Heat they could beat.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Dejounte personally.

 duh
Brown helped his team win a championship. DLo has been benched the last two playoffs series he has been in by two different teams.

Its a huge tell of what DLo is. He is a good basketball player when no one is playing hard defense and when he isnt expected to play defense either. But once the intensity ratchets up, he becomes a liability.

And the contract is a big deal too. You only have to play Brown for the rest of this season and then he drops off the book and for some teams right now that is huge. With DLo, you have to suffer through next year with him too before that happens. He would have more value if that contract expired after this year and not next year.

D Lo got benched? you mean in game 6 when he barely played the 4th and the Wolves coughed up a double digit lead? Other than that he started every game

So it's his fault his coach made a bad call?

His shooting has had issues in certain series...certainly. But it's funny how we want to scapegoat the wrong guy sometimes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have much chance against the Celtics, Bucks, or Sixers in the playoffs. Assuming both teams are healthy. Knicks and Heat they could beat.
Not sure why you think that about Philly unless just going by age/experience for the playoffs as we have held our own against Philly the last 2 seasons. If it's age alone I can agree younger teams that have less time together to tend to struggle against vet teams that have been together a while.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you think that about Philly unless just going by age/experience for the playoffs as we have held our own against Philly the last 2 seasons. If it's age alone I can agree younger teams that have less time together to tend to struggle against vet teams that have been together a while.

Because you have no one who can stop Embiid in the playoffs. Regular season games aren't a great indicator of how teams will do against each other in the playoffs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
 duh

D Lo got benched? you mean in game 6 when he barely played the 4th and the Wolves coughed up a double digit lead? Other than that he started every game

So it's his fault his coach made a bad call?

His shooting has had issues in certain series...certainly. But it's funny how we want to scapegoat the wrong guy sometimes.

He got benched from playing the 4th quarter both with the Lakers and the Wolves. Same thing happened with both teams.

His playoff stats line in 27 games:
14.1 PPG on 38.9% shooting with a 4.9 Ast to 2.2 TO.

And then to top that, his defense sucks. In the playoffs in the 4th quarter teams just ran pick action until they get him guarding the ball. Like I said, it was the same thing the last two times he's been in the playoffs. He was a MAJOR negative for both teams the last two times he's been in the playoffs to the point where they both ended up having to get him off the floor. Wolves fans kind of chuckled when it happened to the Lakers because we had already seen that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got benched from playing the 4th quarter both with the Lakers and the Wolves. Same thing happened with both teams.

His playoff stats line in 27 games:
14.1 PPG on 38.9% shooting with a 4.9 Ast to 2.2 TO.

And then to top that, his defense sucks. In the playoffs in the 4th quarter teams just ran pick action until they get him guarding the ball. Like I said, it was the same thing the last two times he's been in the playoffs. He was a MAJOR negative for both teams the last two times he's been in the playoffs to the point where they both ended up having to get him off the floor. Wolves fans kind of chuckled when it happened to the Lakers because we had already seen that.

major negatives don't have a plus 6 on off

like I said

he didn't play the 4th quarter as you all entered said quarter with what...a 12 point lead?

So it's his fault you all blew that?

His shot wasn't falling in that series but his presence demanded a defensive effort moreso...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you have no one who can stop Embiid in the playoffs. Regular season games aren't a great indicator of how teams will do against each other in the playoffs.
I mean, he gets stopped in the playoffs every season and we seem to do as well as most in keeping him in check.