• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....but the Heat are currently tied for 6-7. so?

I'd say Dallas and LA are much better 8-9 teams than Orlando and the Bulls.
Lol now you trying to use record.

Funny man.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what you mean on "relying on perimeter shooting". Just bc they attempt more doesn't mean they are relying on it, it could mean they are getting better looks bc of great ball movement which seems to be the case this season especially with the key injuries.

Last season, 7 of the top 10 teams that led in 3 PT attempts made the playoffs. CLE was 24th.

This year the Cavs are 12th with 5 more 3 pt attempts than last season. 7 of top 10 teams are likely headed to the playoffs again. Boston is #1.

Again, I'm not making any claims as to whether the Cavs recent performance is sustainable. Maybe the Cavs, without Garland and Mobley, are a 65 win level team. Seems unlikely but I guess we will see soon enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I get why he's helping. When he's hitting his 3s at a high clip, it's great. You can live with his poor defense.
Seems like his plus minus per 100 was usually much better in Philly when he was on the court than not. Been the same here, too. will he ever be confused with an elite defender? Nope

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not making any claims as to whether the Cavs recent performance is sustainable. Maybe the Cavs, without Garland and Mobley, are a 65 win level team. Seems unlikely but I guess we will see soon enough.
def not a 65 win team without them- and not with them---- but I like the system they are running on offense

Last year they figured out the defense--- this year it seems they actually have a system and strategy on offense instead of just being--- hey- Garland Mitchell you guys switch off. In the Cavs defense- last year the lack of outside shooting was a major problem. Their "starting lineup" most of the time consisted of Mobley, Allen and Okoro- none of which could shoot- and their bench did not have much shooting either beside LeVert who is notoriously streaky-- (he is basically the NBA definition of a streak shooter).

Bottom line- I still think the Cavs are a young team--- and young teams dont often win in the playoffs- but I think they have a much improved roster, have more experience and now have an actual offensive system. Definitely more dangerous than last year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East and West compare. I think it's close bc you have lower seeds in the West that are better imo. The resurgence of the Clippers shakes things up. PHX adding Beal changes things but they still need to prove it. BOS and MIL are better than the top 2 less experienced seeds in the West. I still favor the East but it isn't by a big margin.

1. BOS >> MIN
2. MIL > OKC
3. PHI push DEN - edge in playoffs to DEN
4. CLE < LAC
5. NY push PHX
6. MIA >> NO
7. IND < SAC
8. ORL < DAL
9. CHI < LAL
10. ATL > UTA - I guess

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance. I don't think anyone, even homer Cavs fans believe that. Without Garland and Mobley they won't have a legit shot in the playoffs but depth is very important in the regular season. They make push in the playoffs if Mobley grows. Garland and Mitchell guard combo is a big part of it but the point is they struggled to shoot the ball last year bc they had inconsistent shooters miss open shots.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East and West compare. I think it's close bc you have lower seeds in the West that are better imo. The resurgence of the Clippers shakes things up. PHX adding Beal changes things but they still need to prove it. BOS and MIL are better than the top 2 less experienced seeds in the West. I still favor the East but it isn't by a big margin.

1. BOS >> MIN
2. MIL > OKC
3. PHI push DEN - edge in playoffs to DEN
4. CLE < LAC
5. NY push PHX
6. MIA >> NO
7. IND < SAC
8. ORL < DAL
9. CHI < LAL
10. ATL > UTA - I guess
Looks about right.

But I got Jazz over Hawks, Knicks over Phoenix.

Cavs and Clips are closer to a push, both teams healthy.

Still, argument can be made that you are spot on.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def not a 65 win team without them- and not with them---- but I like the system they are running on offense

Last year they figured out the defense--- this year it seems they actually have a system and strategy on offense instead of just being--- hey- Garland Mitchell you guys switch off. In the Cavs defense- last year the lack of outside shooting was a major problem. Their "starting lineup" most of the time consisted of Mobley, Allen and Okoro- none of which could shoot- and their bench did not have much shooting either beside LeVert who is notoriously streaky-- (he is basically the NBA definition of a streak shooter).

Bottom line- I still think the Cavs are a young team--- and young teams dont often win in the playoffs- but I think they have a much improved roster, have more experience and now have an actual offensive system. Definitely more dangerous than last year.

All of this makes sense. It will be interested to see what they do when Garland and Mobley come back. And I could definitely see the Cavs win their 1st round playoff series. Not sure after that though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened to the Grizz? They looked like an ascendant team that would be there for quite a while just a year or two ago....now they look like a mess.
Adams, JA, Clarke, Smart, Rose are chronically broken.

Plus, JA wants to be featured on Gangland.

…..also…

JJJ is good.

Not the guy I thought he’d be though.

He can’t be your 2nd best player.

But, I guess that’s where Bane comes in?