• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this isn't a shit on Brown post rant...it's to highlight how crazy it is to me that he's this coveted asset and D Lo is meh

The big reason why Brown is a player that tends to be wanted and D Lo not so much is because Brown is perfectly happy playing off the ball. Can't feed everybody.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland immediately gets them Dejounte and they may even get a pick out of that. Garland is probably the player with the greater value.
You cannot move Garland unless you get a commitment from Mitchel. Just can't

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we just pretend ball handling is nothing as well?

And the difference in outside shooting is massive. That spreads the floor.

He wasn't a huge reason for their success

the huge reasons for their success is Jokic and Murray. end thread. He's a decent guy. Plug Josh Hart in the Brown role and you have the same results.

But this isn't a shit on Brown post rant...it's to highlight how crazy it is to me that he's this coveted asset and D Lo is meh

Brown helped his team win a championship. DLo has been benched the last two playoffs series he has been in by two different teams.

Its a huge tell of what DLo is. He is a good basketball player when no one is playing hard defense and when he isnt expected to play defense either. But once the intensity ratchets up, he becomes a liability.

And the contract is a big deal too. You only have to play Brown for the rest of this season and then he drops off the book and for some teams right now that is huge. With DLo, you have to suffer through next year with him too before that happens. He would have more value if that contract expired after this year and not next year.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown helped his team win a championship. DLo has been benched the last two playoffs series he has been in by two different teams.

Its a huge tell of what DLo is. He is a good basketball player when no one is playing hard defense and when he isnt expected to play defense either. But once the intensity ratchets up, he becomes a liability.

And the contract is a big deal too. You only have to play Brown for the rest of this season and then he drops off the book and for some teams right now that is huge. With DLo, you have to suffer through next year with him too before that happens. He would have more value if that contract expired after this year and not next year.
Team option on Brown next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 51 games last year. This year they are on pace to win.... 51 games.

They might be better. They've had a lot of injuries this year. But I'm also not sure if they are a better playoff team this year than last year.
Guess cannot be sure until we see them in the playoffs but think if we replaced Osman, Stevens and Rubio with Niang, Strus, Merrill/CPJ and also added TT we should be better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it happened after Allen mess his hand or finger up late in the season. Don't remember exactly.
That was 2 years ago. Last season? I know we started 8-2 then had a bad stretch to follow. Not really sure about a slide other than that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess cannot be sure until we see them in the playoffs but think if we replaced Osman, Stevens and Rubio with Niang, Strus, Merrill/CPJ and also added TT we should be better.

I love the Minivan but he's a huge liability in the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We understand you're bitter about DLo. He's been largely beneficial for the Lakers other than that Nuggets series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that they are or are not good. I'm saying you lost 2 of your top players and then went from 13-12 to 26-15.

You see this happen once in a while but it isn't always indicative of a true change in the team.
they really did change their whole offensive approach---- its all spacing and 3's now - adding STrus, Niang and the unlikely emergence of Merrill has given them a lot of 3 pt. shooting.

they have played more inside-out through Allen as well.

Their offense just totally became stagnant last year in the playoffs basically just playing pick and roll - each taking turns between Garland and Mitchell- it is a totally different offense now- and still has a very good defense anchored by Allen.

Itll be interesting to watch- they have to figure out a way to keep the 3 pt shooting going while integrating Mobley- Garland will actually help that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team option on Brown next season.
Here’s another wrinkle….

Nobody is giving Brown 20 mil per this offseason.

Lakers shouldn’t trade for a guy like Miles Bridges because you don’t have his bird rights to retain him.

But, with Brown, you can finesse him with….. 3/40 or 3/45…because it is lower than his incoming salary.

He is worth mid level money.

Indy overpaid massively because they had to.

I’m taking Brown at 15 per over D Lo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who plays point

They'd have to make another trade or, as @Mecca suggested earlier, try to pick up Lowry (assuming he gets bought out) or someone on the buyout market.

They could get away with Reaves and Lebron splitting the duties for a little while. But they're not getting out of the west doing that.