• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know the playoffs can be different...but it's not like we have anything else to go by with these 2 teams facing off. You just assume we have no shot in the playoffs.

also seems like you are already making excuses should it not go Philly's way.
I mean can you blame anybody for thinking that way? The Mobley/Garland/Allen core went 0-2 in play in games in 22 and then in playoff games in 23 went 1-4. You’re coming at people for playoff failures but 1-6 in playoff type games isn’t really good.

This would likely be a first round playoff series if it happens and the only time Embiid hasn’t won in round 1 was the bubble year when Simmons was out and his running mates were Harris Horford and JRich

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since I'll own if I'm wrong my apologies as to your first comment. we both agree Embiid was a no show in game 7 and a main reason his team went home.

I mean, we had a bad bench and a lack of shooters so we went out and improved the bench and our shooting. Excuses?

I was responding to your "you're making excuses" comment when I said that the Sixers staying healthy is a requirement for their success.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean can you blame anybody for thinking that way? The Mobley/Garland/Allen core went 0-2 in play in games in 22 and then in playoff games in 23 went 1-4. You’re coming at people for playoff failures but 1-6 in playoff type games isn’t really good.

This would likely be a first round playoff series if it happens and the only time Embiid hasn’t won in round 1 was the bubble year when Simmons was out and his running mates were Harris Horford and JRich
They are kids.

That losing experience there, and against the Knicks, was still a step forward for a team that hadn’t sniffed the playoffs.

I don’t believe they can beat the Celtics, Bucks, 76ers nor Heat.

But, it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

They have the talent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said absolutely nothing about the Sixers struggling. I said that Niang is not a reliable playoff performer. He's not. This isn't some crazy claim.

Sure. He's helped the team. I have no ill will towards him.
I mean, if the guy can make spread the floor and hit some 3s it's all we need. He's like our 8th most important player if we are healthy so wont be needing much.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even less reason to think he's why you lost the series.
What did I miss? Did someone say Georges Niang is why the Sixers have failed in the playoffs? He’s not. But looking back at that series the Sixers had issues with the lineup change in Games 6 and 7 with RWIII being inserted in the lineup with the idea of just letting Tucker shoot. He can’t and didn’t. The next choice is Niang. He really wasn’t an option because of his defense.

All I and others said is that he is a liability in the playoffs. Guys don’t leave him in the playoffs when they help and he can’t put it on the floor. He gets hunted on the defensive end. It is what it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I miss? Did someone say Georges Niang is why the Sixers have failed in the playoffs? He’s not. But looking back at that series the Sixers had issues with the lineup change in Games 6 and 7 with RWIII being inserted in the lineup with the idea of just letting Tucker shoot. He can’t and didn’t. The next choice is Niang. He really wasn’t an option because of his defense.

All I and others said is that he is a liability in the playoffs. Guys don’t leave him in the playoffs when they help and he can’t put it on the floor. He gets hunted on the defensive end. It is what it is.
Yep....and with this team he'll be needed to spread the floor and hopefully hit some shots. The D seems to be pretty good and has not shown signs of struggling with him on the court.

Have to say been surprised by his ability to put the ball on the floor and score....though hopefully we wont need to see that much when healthy.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes... better be Giannis' best friend if you want to stay his coach.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for?

Wonder why he was so put off by Nurse?

League sources say now that the desire to play for Griffin is better described as a determination to play for someone other than Nick Nurse.

GM Giannis may be even worse than GM LeBron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was 2 years ago. Last season? I know we started 8-2 then had a bad stretch to follow. Not really sure about a slide other than that.

My bad on that. Thanks for the correction. Thought it was last season.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the people on the list don’t play the same position as him.

Who at his position would you remove to put him on the team?
Ingram and Johnson and that’s for starters.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually held his own as well as most. Not sure which games allen missed but do know Mobley has hit 40-69 against Philly in his career for about 14 ppg and 9 rpg. seems to limit Embiid shooting as much as anyone....agree Allen the better option, though. Embiid has mostly had pedestrian shooting games against the cavs when Mobley has played and Allen has missed at least a few of them.

I'll double check, but pretty sure Allen did not play in their game this season. Embiid was 9-21 for 32 with 13 rebounds and 6 TOs. Mobley was 6-10 for 18 pts and 12 reb.
Embiid eats him up. I’ve seen every game Embiid’s played against him. I’ll go with the opinion of the Cavs staff that does everything they can to keep Mobley away from Embiid as much as they can.

And Allen played that game in November and was tremendous. I don’t care what the numbers say, Allen played Embiid better than anyone has this year and that includes Embiid’s off night against Horford.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for?

Wonder why he was so put off by Nurse?

League sources say now that the desire to play for Griffin is better described as a determination to play for someone other than Nick Nurse.

Wow.

What an idiot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid eats him up. I’ve seen every game Embiid’s played against him. I’ll go with the opinion of the Cavs staff that does everything they can to keep Mobley away from Embiid as much as they can.

And Allen played that game in November and was tremendous. I don’t care what the numbers say, Allen played Embiid better than anyone has this year and that includes Embiid’s off night against Horford.

Did Embiid get the chance to dunk on Wemby? Like Wilbon said on PTI- welcome to the league rookie! What a dominating performance. Sorry I missed it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We weren't even the ones who brought up Niang.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Embiid get the chance to dunk on Wemby? Like Wilbon said on PTI- welcome to the league rookie! What a dominating performance. Sorry I missed it.
Man, I can’t remember a poster or anything but he took him into the weight room multiple times. He had 24 buckets and I’m struggling to remember each one haha.