• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to stop lying about the pacers incident. The nba said this a month after

NBA spokesperson Mike Bass confirmed the league's investigation, but he could not corroborate that anyone was threatened with a weapon.

Bass added that "certain individuals involved in the postgame situation and a related matter during the game that night have been subsequently banned from attending games in the arena," hinting that Pack would be banned from FedEx Forum for his role in the incident.
This follow up just doesn’t matter when the narrative is already written.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to stop lying about the pacers incident. The nba said this a month after

NBA spokesperson Mike Bass confirmed the league's investigation, but he could not corroborate that anyone was threatened with a weapon.

Bass added that "certain individuals involved in the postgame situation and a related matter during the game that night have been subsequently banned from attending games in the arena," hinting that Pack would be banned from FedEx Forum for his role in the incident.

Yeah, I read all that.

Whether it was an actual gun or not is irrelevant.

The laser pointer is a threat of a gun and we all know what that means.

No proof, why there was no consequence.

But so much smoke surrounding Ja and his people.

THAT is why is was suspended. It was a wake up call.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The culture of the United States has always exalted thug behavior. Penny novels celebrating the train robbing of Billy the Kidd, Al Capone becoming a celebrity in Chicago, people worshipping mafia movies and the Sopranos. JA Morant isn’t responsible for a culture that he didn’t start but rather inherited it.

So edgy from the Oklahoma guy to bust out the thug reference.
We got thugs here as well, see one of them dead in the news almost every day. Ja has lofty goals.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Do you have to be in a certain socio-economic position to embrace rap culture? How many white kids in your school embrace the same culture? Are they also a phony because they like rap?
You're being obtuse.

Ja's a phony because Ja's a phony. He reeks of it.

It's not any one thing... although, yeah, being well off does have something to do with it because the real streets that Ja poses towards aren't well off. I daresay folks that come from the real streets don't particularly care for rich dudes slumming it with a street vibe, either.

Flashing guns in a fake tough manner also plays a big part, too... but you know everything I'm telling you already.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read all that.

Whether it was an actual gun or not is irrelevant.

The laser pointer is a threat of a gun and we all know what that means.

No proof, why there was no consequence.

But so much smoke surrounding Ja and his people.

THAT is why is was suspended. It was a wake up call.
No he was suspended because he posted a gun on Instagram 2x. He doesn't get suspended if he doesn't go on ig live with a gun

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being obtuse.

Ja's a phony because Ja's a phony. He reeks of it.

It's not any one thing... although, yeah, being well off does have something to do with it because the real streets that Ja poses towards aren't well off. I daresay folks that come from the real streets don't particularly care for rich dudes slumming it with a street vibe, either.

Flashing guns in a fake tough manner also plays a big part, too... but you know everything I'm telling you already.
Yeah this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered white people chiming in on what a minority culture should and shouldn’t do.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he was suspended because he posted a gun on Instagram 2x. He doesn't get suspended if he doesn't go on ig live with a gun
JA should have sent a Christmas card with his whole family posing next to the tree with AR-15s and a caption of “Out of my cold dead hands” and that would be praised and accepted.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was the straw that broke the camels back and the one thing they had concrete proof of.

Again, if you think the other alleged incidents didn’t play a factor in Ja’s suspension then I don’t know what to tell you.

The NBA is a private business. They suspend/fine players and coaches all the time for conduct detrimental to the league.

Doesn’t have to be a crime. They don’t need to have proof.

The 25 game suspension was a slap on the wrist compared to what Ja could get if one of his boys commits a real crime in Ja’s presence.

It was a wake up call designed to get him to change his ways.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... what?

Your flailing in this thread is comical.
You didn’t decide what’s acceptable and what’s not acceptable for another culture?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This opportunity was lost at UF under Urban Meyer. All of the signs of his eventual demise were evident at that time.

Maybe it was inevitable, maybe not. Point is, there were signs coming out of college and signs while he was in the NFL. I don't recall the NFL doing much, if anything, to address it.

Once a gun is introduced to any situation, that situation becomes far more dangerous.

The NBA appears to be trying to make sure Ja doesn't end up with a similar problem to Aaron Hernandez or Ray Lewis.

As for his "leeches"...fair or not, Ja is responsible for who he hangs out with because he has so much to lose. Pretty sure we've all read and heard about pro athletes who came from rough neighborhoods and had to cut some of their old friends out because they wouldn't leave that lifestyle behind.

And here we have Ja, who based on reports, didn't come from that type of environment appearing to seek it out.

Reminds me of a story Michael Irvin told about his son who wanted to be a rapper. He wrote some "gangsta rap" song and Irvin called him out on it saying "Boy, that was my life...you went to private school." lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JA should have sent a Christmas card with his whole family posing next to the tree with AR-15s and a caption of “Out of my cold dead hands” and that would be praised and accepted.
Yep its not having a gun that was the problem. It is the environment he was in which is bullshit to me. Had he been in his home showing off guns he is licensed to have then a suspension doesn't take place

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t decide what’s acceptable and what’s not acceptable for another culture?
Nope.

I'm not real streets, either... I don't pretend to have any say in that culture.

But I do have enough sense not to confuse an obvious phony for the real mccoy.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the straw that broke the camels back and the one thing they had concrete proof of.

Again, if you think the other alleged incidents didn’t play a factor in Ja’s suspension then I don’t know what to tell you.

The NBA is a private business. They suspend/fine players and coaches all the time for conduct detrimental to the league.

Doesn’t have to be a crime. They don’t need to have proof.

The 25 game suspension was a slap on the wrist compared to what Ja could get if one of his boys commits a real crime in Ja’s presence.

It was a wake up call designed to get him to change his ways.
BOOM.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a story Michael Irvin told about his son who wanted to be a rapper. He wrote some "gangsta rap" song and Irvin called him out on it saying "Boy, that was my life...you went to private school." lol
^ Great quote.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was inevitable, maybe not. Point is, there were signs coming out of college and signs while he was in the NFL. I don't recall the NFL doing much, if anything, to address it.

Once a gun is introduced to any situation, that situation becomes far more dangerous.

The NBA appears to be trying to make sure Ja doesn't end up with a similar problem to Aaron Hernandez or Ray Lewis.

As for his "leeches"...fair or not, Ja is responsible for who he hangs out with because he has so much to lose. Pretty sure we've all read and heard about pro athletes who came from rough neighborhoods and had to cut some of their old friends out because they wouldn't leave that lifestyle behind.

And here we have Ja, who based on reports, didn't come from that type of environment appearing to seek it out.

I heard that recently....

Was hilarious.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it’s not having a gun that was the problem. It is the environment he was in which is bullshit to me. Had he been in his home showing off guns he is licensed to have then a suspension doesn't take place
Yep. Different rules for different people.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not unless he chose another manner to portray himself as a wannabe thug.