• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned in my post, if they face the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow, do you think they can win with the way they are currently constructed?

I would be shocked if the Celtics didnt make another move or two before the deadline to grab another quality big and they will likely be sacrificing one of their guards to get it done. They just dont look like a playoff ready roster to me.

The Celtics have a tpe (6.2m) and about 10m of aggregate salary plus 9 seconds (or two future firsts) to make deals.

Without touching their core guys

Those are the moves I believe they’ll make

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that.

To me they look like they are going to win the Mike D'Antoni award this year.

A team and a system that is built to win a lot of regular season games.....but is so fatally flawed that they cant advance very far in the playoffs.

Holiday is a stud. What he isnt is a PF. And right now he is playing a lot of PF for them. The Wolves beat them this year in large part because they went a couple of long stretches where Holiday was tasked with guarding KAT. And do the math on who is guarding Giannis if they play the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow. There are certain teams that refuse to go small that would have a gigantic advantage on them in a series because of this issue.

They are a team that needs to tweak before the deadline still IMO.

I’d say Philly and all their mid role guys who looked washed in their previous stops are more likely for that than Boston

But with mil’s defense plummeting they could both easily make the ecf due to that dearth of defense in mil right now

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned in my post, if they face the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow, do you think they can win with the way they are currently constructed?

I would be shocked if the Celtics didnt make another move or two before the deadline to grab another quality big and they will likely be sacrificing one of their guards to get it done. They just dont look like a playoff ready roster to me.
If they Celtics and Bucks play a 7 game series tomorrow with everyone healthy, my money is on the Celtics.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about playoff matchups 12-13 games into the season?
Let’s just start the playoffs now, the Thunder won’t keep shooting like they are forever, no one can.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about playoff matchups 12-13 games into the season?

Let’s be honest

Celtics can win 45 or 65 games and at this point it doesn’t matter unless there’s a parade in June

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be honest

Celtics can win 45 or 65 games and at this point it doesn’t matter unless there’s a parade in June
I like parades

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do listen...and then we laugh.
I told you USC’s defense was dog shit and you believed any way. It was adorable how you still had hope they were improved back in September. You could have prepared yourself for what ensued.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do listen...and then we laugh.
Goodfellas GIF

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you USC’s defense was dog shit and you believed any way. It was adorable how you still had hope they were improved back in September. You could have prepared yourself for what ensued.

Uh, no I didn't.
I said all along that the defense wasn't going to be good. I just figured the offense could overcome it and earlier in the season, they were improved, but still not good, But then they fell apart later in the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no I didn't.
I said all along that the defense wasn't going to be good. I just figured the offense could overcome it and earlier in the season, they were improved, but still not good, But then they fell apart later in the season.
IMG_3139.gif

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose St. is a legit middie this year. That QB of theirs can play at a lot of P5 schools. They should be in the running to win their conference.

The game went about as I thought it would. The defense didn't look good on the first couple of drives. But settled and showed they should be better than last years...although that's not exactly a high bar.

They weren't really threatened, but there's a lot to yell at the players about...so the coaches are happy. lol

Speaking of fancy, looks like Grinch, quit trying to be fancy and simplified his scheme.

The defense, except for the first drive, has looked much better so far.

It's Nevada who's a G5, so we'll see what happens when they play a P5.

But it's similar level G5 as last week. They're reacting faster and playing with more discipline.

I'm in wait and see mode re: Grinch.

I give him a bit of a pass for last year because you can really only rebuild 1 side of the ball in a single off-season. Considering what was already at USC, what he brought with him and what he could get out of the portal, he rightfully concentrated on offense.

Everyone knew USC's defense was going to be bad last year. While the defense was bad, they also had a crazy +22 turnover margin. So that was a positive and says that, at the least, he had some decent schemes.

This year, the defense looks better. They've only forced a couple of turnovers, but they may have already put together more 3 and outs in the 1st 2 games than they did all of last season.

I thought that in the 1st game, he tried to get too cute and called some defenses that his players weren't ready for because they have a lot of guys who were playing their 1st game together. 1 of those defenses led directly to the TD they gave up just before halftime.

I feel better about the defense than I did at this time last year. I don't think they'll be great or even good...but if it's at least serviceable, it will be a welcome improvement and could be enough to get them into the playoff.

Uh, no I didn't.
You were buying into the whole “improved defense” narrative.