• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... well, you were (at the least) mostly right of course...

... but the key injuries that the Giants endured took a tenuous situation and turned it hopeless.

Simply put: our roster had no margin for error (injury). And that fact really shows by this point.
DeVito played well the other day but he has looked overmatched and overwhelmed most of the time.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeVito played well the other day but he has looked overmatched and overwhelmed most of the time.
3rd stringer... undrafted rookie... behind a horrendous O-line...

... it's a recipe for failure.

But yeah, the kid plays with some heart out there.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd stringer... undrafted rookie... behind a horrendous O-line...

... it's a recipe for failure.

But yeah, the kid plays with some heart out there.
3rd stringer at best right now but yesterday he looked pretty solid.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about KP's 6 blocks yesterday?

He's fit in perfectly with the Celtics.

He has been the perfect addition so far.

I dont know about that.

To me they look like they are going to win the Mike D'Antoni award this year.

A team and a system that is built to win a lot of regular season games.....but is so fatally flawed that they cant advance very far in the playoffs.

Holiday is a stud. What he isnt is a PF. And right now he is playing a lot of PF for them. The Wolves beat them this year in large part because they went a couple of long stretches where Holiday was tasked with guarding KAT. And do the math on who is guarding Giannis if they play the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow. There are certain teams that refuse to go small that would have a gigantic advantage on them in a series because of this issue.

They are a team that needs to tweak before the deadline still IMO.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that.

A team and a system that is built to win a lot of regular season games.....but is so fatally flawed that they cant advance very far in the playoffs.

Holiday is a stud. What he isnt is a PF. And right now he is playing a lot of PF for them. The Wolves beat them this year in large part because they went a couple of long stretches where Holiday was tasked with guarding KAT. And do the math on who is guarding Giannis if they play the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow. There are certain teams that refuse to go small that would have a gigantic advantage on them in a series because of this issue.

Your Wolves were on their home court, and won the game in OT.

Good for y'all... it's certainly a nice win... but extrapolating from that game to the Celtics being "fatally flawed" is a bit much.

Teams that "go big" on the Celtics also have to deal with trying to defend the Celtics.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....dont give them too much credit. They changed it out with a contract that is just as equally horrendous in the Draymond Green contract.

$25M a year guaranteed for 4 years for a 33 year old. When the fuck has that ever worked out in the NBA.
Lebron?

lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for y'all... it's certainly a nice win... but extrapolating from that game to the Celtics being "fatally flawed" is a bit much.

Teams that "go big" on the Celtics also have to deal with trying to defend the Celtics.
Yep.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I mentioned in my post, if they face the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow, do you think they can win with the way they are currently constructed?

I would be shocked if the Celtics didnt make another move or two before the deadline to grab another quality big and they will likely be sacrificing one of their guards to get it done. They just dont look like a playoff ready roster to me.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned in my post, if they face the Bucks in a playoff series tomorrow, do you think they can win with the way they are currently constructed?
Yes. I genuinely do.

The Celtics have a pretty good track record against the Bucks... and though they are short Grant Williams, and there have been significant changes on both sides otherwise... I guess I don't see the clear picture of Bucks dominance that you seem to. At all.

As currently built, the Bucks would have a lot of trouble defending the Celtics. If the Celtics hit their 3's, Milwaukee is kinda toast.
I would be shocked if the Celtics didnt make another move or two before the deadline to grab another quality big and they will likely be sacrificing one of their guards to get it done.
The Celtics aren't perfect and could probably use one more big body off the bench. Sure.

They've got enough draft capital to make that happen without sacrificing any of their main pieces.
They just dont look like a playoff ready roster to me.
Uhhh... ok? :noidea:

If this C's team isn't ready for the playoffs... I wonder which teams are? :think:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that.

Celtics have plenty of time to work out a deal for some low post help.

Not concerned about playoff match up's in November. But you brought up a legit issue.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew absolutely none of this story before today…