• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized, Bill Walton and the Conference of Champions died in the same year. Fitting in a way

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. That sucks. The doc ESPN did on him last year was really good. Glad he at least got to see everyone give him his flowers

Always liked his enthusiasm for CBB.

One of the funniest things I can remember him saying was when he called a Colorado game (for the 12 pac network) and said that Boulder was the epicenter of the universe.

RIP

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I never said Morris would not play....only thought it was comical for him to say "I have no idea how hurt he was" but, sure, he knows he'd have played. Couple that with his own bro missing 4 months with whiplash. don;t recall him questioning his toughness....he only whined about Jokic. I'm sure if Jokic is a teammate and it's another player Morris would rip the guy for not playing.

I can agree Morris is that guy who will do what he can to play now since it seems no coach who has him lately wants him to play.

I guess if only Allen, Halliburton, Giannis, OG, zion, Butler, Rozier, etc could be fake tough guys like Morris.
How
Many times do different posters have to lay out to you that there are distinct differences between a pain management injury and some of these other players you’re mentioning? You haven’t even mounted an answer to that and yet you keep pounding away on a point that Allen’s injury is the same thing. It’s not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How
Many times do different posters have to lay out to you that there are distinct differences between a pain management injury and some of these other players you’re mentioning? You haven’t even mounted an answer to that and yet you keep pounding away on a point that Allen’s injury is the same thing. It’s not.
In fact, I've mentioned it myself.....but these other posters seem to think they know how hurt all these guys were and all but Allen could not go.

also mentioned anyone who has had a rib injury would argue it's worse than any of the others if he has had those too. You keep pounding away at the point that Allen was the only one of these guys whose injury was such that he should have toughed it out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t fix anything. You manipulated my post to fit your agenda.
nah I fixed it......though you can (and others if they want) continue to believe Allen was the only one who had an injury that should have been played through.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I've mentioned it myself.....but these other posters seem to think they know how hurt all these guys were and all but Allen could not go.

also mentioned anyone who has had a rib injury would argue it's worse than any of the others if he has had those too. You keep pounding away at the point that Allen was the only one of these guys whose injury was such that he should have toughed it out.
This is why no one can have a good faith discussion with you. An Achilles, a calf, a hamstring are not pain management injuries. The muscle is harmed and compromised and it doesn’t respond. It’s not about management of pain. It’s that those muscles or ligaments don’t respond when the body asks them to.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah I fixed it......though you can (and others if they want) continue to believe Allen was the only one who had an injury that should have been played through.
Again…no one can have a good faith discussion with Rain Man.

No one said that Allen is the only player in the NBA that refuses to play hurt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why no one can have a good faith discussion with you. An Achilles, a calf, a hamstring are not pain management injuries. The muscle is harmed and compromised and it doesn’t respond. It’s not about management of pain. It’s that those muscles or ligaments don’t respond when the body asks them to.
anyone can have a discussion with me if willing to be rational with no agenda. Hell you can even be you and have one if you want. I get if you want to bow out if your logic is being refuted by facts....again, Tommy.

There can be levels of those ailments that are pain management....same as rib issues. and, yes, there can be times it goes beyond pain management. seems for this discussion your mind is set on allen having the only injury in all of the NBA playoffs that comes down to pain management.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again…no one can have a good faith discussion with Rain Man.

No one said that Allen is the only player in the NBA that refuses to play hurt.
Yeah, you kind of are saying this, Tommy. so far allen seems to be the only one you are ripping for not giving it a go.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy?

Excited Chris Farley GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Apparently it’s from a late 80s SNL sketch with Jon Lovitz. Being funny is tough for people on the autism spectrum. I appreciate him trying despite the fact that all of his jokes bomb.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked his enthusiasm for CBB.

One of the funniest things I can remember him saying was when he called a Colorado game (for the 12 pac network) and said that Boulder was the epicenter of the universe.

RIP
A lot of people did like his way of announcing......to me he made it a lot of fun.