• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to be some rumors re: what a JJ Redick coaching staff might look like if the Lakers hire him.

Saw an article that if they hire Redick, they're expected to target, Sam Cassell, James Borrego and Jared Dudley.

Not sure I like the idea of hiring Redick, but I like the idea of those assistants.
I think Borrego gets the Cavs job, they seem interested in him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers should simply bring him back

Or cough up their first for Lue
I would not mind Brown at all. He seems to have grown as a coach.....

Or bring back Vogel.

But, neither prolly interested the way their last tenure ended.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or bring back Vogel.

is vogel still getting paid by the lakers?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or bring back Vogel.

Yep. And even if the Clippers were willing to "trade" Lue to the Lakers, considering how they disrespected him when they had a chance to get him, I doubt he'd be interested.

Now that I think about it, Brown might be interested since this wasn't the regime that cut him loose last time.

Reactions: DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, enough of this “we don’t know for fact” nonsense.

We know Kobe would have played. It isn’t in his DNA to sit.

And it was reported that Allen was cleared.
OK...then do we also know he's have played with a hurt hammy, quad, etc?

It has never been reported anywhere that I can recall - for sure nothing credible - that Allen was cleared to play.....dude

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly the mention of the two in the same sentence is over the top.
as players? duh. But if you've been paying attention to the playoffs this year and many other previous seasons, Allen not the only player to miss time to an injury that allegedly Bryant would have played through.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense to argue with him because he use the same if you don’t 1000% bs in every argument
I mean, in this case it's kind of true....

but how about we try this....does Kobe sit with a hurt hammy, knee, quad or shoulder?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes to whomever is willing to pay him the closest to a max. From what I’ve been reading that’s OKC Philly and Clippers. The Clippers are the least likely to extend him the max though seems to be the consensus.
I agree....may have been a time market mattered for him (not that Philly is a bad one) but at this point would think it's where the money is. all things equal? sure, OKC might not be his top choice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are a bad franchise. Disappointment in the postseason? lol you took the warriors 7 games and this year the monk injury is the only reason you got eliminated in the play in game

Can they speed this along.....I would not mind Brown 3.0 here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big thing on Allen is that a rib is a pain management injury. Allen didn’t even take the shot or give it a go competing in the playoffs. I think that’s the stuff that gets him criticism.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big thing on Allen is that a rib is a pain management injury. Allen didn’t even take the shot or give it a go competing in the playoffs. I think that’s the stuff that gets him criticism.
But he did give it a shot before the game. I mean, most seem to think a broken rib can be a month and not week thing.

Did Halliburton give it a shot? Giannis? Not gonna treat this as gospel like most do rumors but have heard something beyond just worsening an injury could occur if hit in the wrong place for him. again, no clue how true this is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so why is Allen the only target here and not Haliburton, OG, Giannis, etc?

Think whiplash keeps Kobe out 4 months like Morris' bro?
OG tried to play lol did you not see game 7. Also all of those injuries are in their foot so if you can’ run up and down the court then it defeats the purpose. Rib is just a pain tolerance thing and as @fightinfunbags it is concerning that he didn’t take a shot to try and play. This is coming a year after he said the brights in msg last year round 1 are too bright for him. Hell of a player but don’t seem like he is built for the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as players? duh. But if you've been paying attention to the playoffs this year and many other previous seasons, Allen not the only player to miss time to an injury that allegedly Bryant would have played through.

Imo, when it comes to playing with/through an injury, it's not fair to compare anyone to Kobe. Kobe was a maniac and played many games when he had no business being out there.

The Lakers former trainer actually had to "invent" a couple of different splints so Kobe could play. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Borrego gets the Cavs job, they seem interested in him.
serious question what does "they seem" mean? anything other than reporters/insiders throwing out names?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, when it comes to playing with/through an injury, it's not fair to compare anyone to Kobe. Kobe was a maniac and played many games when he had no business being out there.

The Lakers former trainer actually had to "invent" a couple of different splints so Kobe could play. lol

I brought Kobe into this to make a point.

You don’t have to be a great player to be a super competitor who is going to play through injury whenever possible. Kobe was just the best known example.

My point was that guys who don’t play through these types of injuries it speaks to their personalities.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did give it a shot before the game. I mean, most seem to think a broken rib can be a month and not week thing.
So rumors he “gave it a shot” are viable but rumors that he was cleared for play are not.
Did Halliburton give it a shot? Giannis?
These guys don’t have pain management injuries. It’s a different ball park.
Not gonna treat this as gospel like most do rumors but have heard something beyond just worsening an injury could occur if hit in the wrong place for him. again, no clue how true this is.
Possible that some rib breaks can threaten a punctured lung but that’s rare and would have to be full break and detachment of the bone. That’s not the way most broken ribs occur. For something like this, you’d need to fall multiple stories or get hit by a car. This is why most broken ribs don’t come with the threat of the punctured lung. If the rib is broken that badly some sort of trauma took place that likely killed the person.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OG tried to play lol did you not see game 7. Also all of those injuries are in their foot so if you can’ run up and down the court then it defeats the purpose. Rib is just a pain tolerance thing and as @fightinfunbags it is concerning that he didn’t take a shot to try and play. This is coming a year after he said the brights in msg last year round 1 are too bright for him. Hell of a player but don’t seem like he is built for the playoffs
I did see game 7......I also saw games 1-6 where he did not play. Many have said Allen cannot lift his arms and has had trouble breathing. I guess neither important for playing basketball?

Not built for the playoffs yet before the unfortunate injury he was arguably the best player on the court for either team, played Embiid as well as most when he was a rookie, and dominated Robinson in games 1 and 2 last season?

and what about Haliburton, Giannis, Jimmy, etc?