• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hindsight for this guy. I was critical day of the trade.
Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we don’t.

Sometimes it takes time to realize we got it wrong because we expect immediate results.

Look at the Gobert trade.

Everyone said that was random acts of fuckery that crippled the market and the pieces would never fit.

Well…..

If it’s because KAT is soft and let Antman cuck him…

Or

Because KAT hasn’t been available and Naz is a better fit….

Minny is on the cusp of finishing 1st in the West.

I couldn’t have envisioned such a scenario when that overpay of a trade went down.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same reason as Stakes? worse than Pete Rose and cannot even apply for reinstatement (not that you'd want to)?
Yeah. I was bent because Autzen gave me a week long ban during an exchange with another poster when the other poster got nothing. It was the 4th or 5th time that happened. So I told Autzen he can go fuck himself and I got permabanned haha.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s his rotations and his game management.

Does he get fined if he calls a timeout to stop a run?

As for who’s out there….

Lue will be after this Season.

Pretty sure he’s had it with the Clippers fuckery.

If they can get Lue...that would be a reason to fire Ham. Not because the struggles are all on him...but because Lue is better.

It would be the WalMart version of when they fired Del Harris who was winning 50+ games a season because they could get Phil.

His rotations have mostly been due to the injuries. As for timeouts, I get why he doesn't use them to stop runs a lot, but I do agree that there are times when he should use them, but doesn't. Phil used to not use timeouts, especially in the regular season because he wanted the players on the floor to figure things out.

I like when Ham does it when Lebron and/or AD are on the floor because they should be able to figure it out. But he also does it a bit too much when the bench guys and young'uns are out there. That's one of the things he needs to improve on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest…

It isn’t any type of leap in production that I am sure Cavs fans were looking for.

But I see more efficient shooting, and more rebounds and assists in fewer minutes.

Don’t think that graphic makes the case you want it to.
Surprised me that's what he went with to try and make his case. well...maybe not since he really has no case.

It's true I thought maybe his points would go up a bit more than they have but if all anyone wants is more scoring from the kid, put him on a bad team and watch him go for something like 20 and 12...and, heck, maybe his elite D translates to more winning.

Can he reach the ceiling some thought he might (like an AD, KG, etc)? Not looking as good for that but hard to write a 22-year-old who seems to want to work and listen from at least making multiple all star appearances.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have long thought that this core group of posters could be a lot more welcoming to new blood.

We have all been guilty at one time or another.

And I am not talking about the crazies like Buckalice. They deserve everything they got coming to them.

But we have surely chased away people that could have made decent and productive regulars on this board.

I just wish that in general, the first few responses to people would be more welcoming.

Now if someone comes in here looking to instigate that is different.
Still think more need to try to base their comments more on the post and not the poster.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised me that's what he went with to try and make his case. well...maybe not since he really has no case.

It's true I thought maybe his points would go up a bit more than they have but if all anyone wants is more scoring from the kid, put him on a bad team and watch him go for something like 20 and 12...and, heck, maybe his elite D translates to more winning.

Can he reach the ceiling some thought he might (like an AD, KG, etc)? Not looking as good for that but hard to write a 22-year-old who seems to want to work and listen from at least making multiple all star appearances.
He does play for a bad team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“More” equals half a rebound and half an assist per game. More efficient shooting is evident. So what do the Cavs do? He gets one less shot per game since his rookie year. This absolutely shows a player who is stagnant in development and that’s a crime for a player with superstar potential. This is Ben Simmons-esque. He’s essentially the same guy that he was when he walked into the league as a rookie 3 years ago. This isn’t even close to proper development. I couldn’t disagree with you more.
I guess better he sucked as a rookie and scored only 7-8 ppg so he could look better in year 3?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion was based on facts.

FYI, doesn't have to do with being a Cleveland fan...if you told me Mitchell shit the bed last postseason and needs to get it together this year you'd get no disagreement from me.

Tell me an improving 22-year-old has been held back..yeah, I might disagree with that.
I think the difference of opinion comes down to expectations.

I honestly thought Jaren Jackson Jr was his floor.

He still might be.

Unfair or not, I was expecting year 3 Chris Bosh stats.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s his rotations and his game management.

Does he get fined if he calls a timeout to stop a run?

As for who’s out there….

Lue will be after this Season.

Pretty sure he’s had it with the Clippers fuckery.
If we do fire JB I'd gladly take Lue back......at this point where we are wouldn't even be surprised if there is legit mutual interest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest…

It isn’t any type of leap in production that I am sure Cavs fans were looking for.

But I see more efficient shooting, and more rebounds and assists in fewer minutes.

Don’t think that graphic makes the case you want it to.

That was my thought too. More efficient, more rebounds and assists despite fewer minutes and on a team with 2 ball dominant guards. Not sure what there is to complain about. :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I was bent because Autzen gave me a week long ban during an exchange with another poster when the other poster got nothing. It was the 4th or 5th time that happened. So I told Autzen he can go fuck himself and I got permabanned haha.
Those were before the days I would take the ban and take one for the team....maybe I could have saved you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference of opinion comes down to expectations.

I honestly thought Jaren Jackson Jr was his floor.

He still might be.

Unfair or not, I was expecting year 3 Chris Bosh stats.
I think playing with Mitchell- and another very good big, and the injuries have limited his opportunities.

its hard for me to say he should be getting Allens shots when Allen is at 63% from the field and playing fringe All Star level basketball.

In some situations when you are 22, no matter the talent level, the keys to the car arent just gonna get handed to you- esp. if you have some injuries where you miss serious time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess better he sucked as a rookie and scored only 7-8 ppg so he could look better in year 3?
It’s better to see legitimate progress and a player that has star potential actually performing like a star that can take over a game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought too. More efficient, more rebounds and assists despite fewer minutes and on a team with 2 ball dominant guards. Not sure what there is to complain about. :noidea:
Hes the same player he was that you watched and rooted for at USC. He hasn’t taken much of any step forward because of those two ball dominant guards you cite. That’s the entire context here. I said that adding Mitchell would quell the development of Mobley and that’s exactly what’s happened.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does that make the teams behind us?
Worse.

Outside of a 5 week aberration at 18-2 they’re 28-31 and limping since the All Star break. That’s a bad team.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playing with Mitchell- and another very good big, and the injuries have limited his opportunities.

its hard for me to say he should be getting Allens shots when Allen is at 63% from the field and playing fringe All Star level basketball.

In some situations when you are 22, no matter the talent level, the keys to the car arent just gonna get handed to you- esp. if you have some injuries where you miss serious time.
Exactly.

Hence people thinking the trade stunted his growth.

I liked it because it took pressure off of the kid needing to be a first option.