• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another FYI in this Mitchell/Mobley discussion....don';t make the trade and likely that Sexton fellow is still on the team and he also has the ball and shoots a little, too. LM would need some touches, too.
Why couldn’t they have been dealt for other pieces that weren’t a redundancy with Garland?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why did he regress so much in year 2.....never mind clearly his style of play as the best player on a team does not exactly lead to winning.
This is why you make me laugh.
On one hand:
Mobley hasn’t had the same rise because the Cavs have more talent
On the other hand:
Barnes isn’t better because after the Raptors have cleaned house Barnes isn’t good enough to make them a winner by himself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes the same player he was that you watched and rooted for at USC. He hasn’t taken much of any step forward because of those two ball dominant guards you cite. That’s the entire context here. I said that adding Mitchell would quell the development of Mobley and that’s exactly what’s happened.

I kinda disagree, but not completely. He isn't where I thought he'd be in his 3rd year...but he's better than when he came out of USC. Imo, his biggest issue is he has 2 ball dominant score first guards. If he can learn to be more assertive about demanding the ball he should be able to make the leap Cavs fans are hoping for.

It looks like either Mitchell or Garland will be gone after the season, so that should help. There were some folks who said the addition of Mitchell may hinder Mosely's development and it looks like they were correct.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need is a meme of Iverson where instead of saying “we talking about practice, practice?” Substitute Cleveland for practice.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wemby out in the OKC tonight. Dort out and Jdub questionable.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm high as fuck.

And it feels soooooo good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the criteria for comparison has to be 3rd year guy’s improvement playing on a good team?

Cool.

Amare Stoudemire.

His team won 62 games and he played with Nash, Johnson and Shawn Marion.

View attachment 359319
Not what it has to be, but that's what we were talking about. Does that mean you found 1 person who had a really good season in year 3 this millenium? Not sure how that proves Mobley's growth has been stunted solely due to adding Mitchell to the team, but OK.

I was not looking to rip Bosh, FYI, but have to admit those were a bit different situations, no? I guess Cavs could have rebuilt, not gone after Mitchell, let sexton walk and maybe traded Allen or Lauri to make sure Mobley scored more and got some more touches.

Guys on a local station were discussing this (not so much Mobley being stunted by DM but his progression)....thought I heard them say he gets 60 touches per game and that's a pretty good amount. Might have been comparable to Mitchell even (seemed hard to believe but cannot find where to see that number). Point was the guy often chooses not to shoot and might be on him to be more aggressive.

will say I recall a game last year when I had Mobley in a big parlay for a certain amt. of points by him and last one I needed (forget how many points needed). Needed 2 more entire 4th qtr. Had at least a half dozen touches in the paint and never took a shot. Wanted to throw up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playing with Mitchell- and another very good big, and the injuries have limited his opportunities.

its hard for me to say he should be getting Allens shots when Allen is at 63% from the field and playing fringe All Star level basketball.

In some situations when you are 22, no matter the talent level, the keys to the car arent just gonna get handed to you- esp. if you have some injuries where you miss serious time.
If he were on any other team you would be ripping him.

"3 years in the NBA and he hasn't developed. At 22 your ceiling is not very high if you can't really develop in that time. Blah, blah."

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of all the fun you missed by not listening to us sooner?
It’s not even weed if he got it at a gas station in Tennessee. I bought something similar in Nashville. Wait until he tries the real shit

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see regression. I see stagnation years 1 to 2 for Barnes. Are you critical of that circumstance?
I mean, you seem critical of slight or even major improvement by Mobley in many categories but stagnation in points year 2 to 3.
Never mind while Barnes stayed the same in ppg his overall and 3 point % went way down and his rebounds went down a decent amount (apg up).

How about you regroup and decide what you want these "rules" to be. Or maybe FVV was holding Barnes back?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you seem critical of slight or even major improvement by Mobley in many categories but stagnation in points year 2 to 3.
Never mind while Barnes stayed the same in ppg his overall and 3 point % went way down and his rebounds went down a decent amount (apg up).

How about you regroup and decide what you want these "rules" to be. Or maybe FVV was holding Barnes back?
I’ll ask again.

Do you think Barnes should be criticized for having similar numbers in years 1 and 2?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn’t they have been dealt for other pieces that weren’t a redundancy with Garland?
Maybe nothing was offered as teams tend to want to hold on to stud wings? and Mitchell is kind of good....should we have gone after a far lesser player at another position?