• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll ask again.

Do you think Barnes should be criticized for having similar numbers in years 1 and 2?
First, his scoring numbers were similar but his shooting efficiency was much worse. Second, I don't think he should be criticized, but I'm not the one trying to make the claim Mobley was held back by Mitchell even though most of his numbers improved.

barnes is stagnant year 2 that's fine. Mobley improves but he was held back.

as I said regroup and decide what your rules should be...but follow the rules you go with.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe nothing was offered as teams tend to want to hold on to stud wings? and Mitchell is kind of good....should we have gone after a far lesser player at another position?
I think the Cavs should have dealt with better roster construction in mind. We can revisit this when they’re out in the first round again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were on any other team you would be ripping him.

"3 years in the NBA and he hasn't developed. At 22 your ceiling is not very high if you can't really develop in that time. Blah, blah."
you really struggle with actual posts and care only about the poster. If anything wiggy has been kind of critical of where the team is and some of the moves we have made. at the very least did not see us improving much this season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, his scoring numbers were similar but his shooting efficiency was much worse. Second, I don't think he should be criticized, but I'm not the one trying to make the claim Mobley was held back by Mitchell even though most of his numbers improved.

barnes is stagnant year 2 that's fine. Mobley improves but he was held back.

as I said regroup and decide what your rules should be...but follow the rules you go with.
Mobley didn’t improve though from year 1 to year 3. He is a better shot maker now. I’ll give him that. But he’s lost in the shuffle and it’s quelled his development. He’s the best asset on your team and he’s been lost in the crowd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs should have dealt with better roster construction in mind. We can revisit this when they’re out in the first round again.
I mean, it's not like we have had an MVP type player for nearly a decade and never made it to the ECF but sure.

FYI, so far the team has improved every season since year 1 of the rebuild. Get out of round 1 and the streak continues. Don't and it's over.

I'd like to keep discussing this if you want....I'd just like you to figure out what the rules should be that makes it so a guy can be stagnant or even regress in areas but was not held back...but the guy who has improved was held back by 1 player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobley didn’t improve though from year 1 to year 3. He is a better shot maker now. I’ll give him that. But he’s lost in the shuffle and it’s quelled his development. He’s the best asset on your team and he’s been lost in the crowd.
Better rebounder, passer, better at running the offense, still an elite defender but sure. Yes, he does have other good players around him so his stats didn't climb like the guy putting up empty stats for a terrible team.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not even weed if he got it at a gas station in Tennessee. I bought something similar in Nashville. Wait until he tries the real shit
Oh wait, for real? LOL

Thought he finally decided to do actual THC gummies but yeah I guess still not legal where he is.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's not like we have had an MVP type player for nearly a decade and never made it to the ECF but sure.
It’s not like this group has one more than one playoff or playin game despite having 5 of the 7 played at home. Baby steps my guy. How about the Cavs win a round before you start talking nonsense like ECF.
FYI, so far the team has improved every season since year 1 of the rebuild. Get out of round 1 and the streak continues. Don't and it's over.
Hmmm… you lead with a statement that implies the playoffs are every thing. How are they better when they do fuck all in the playoffs?!?!? They have won a single game so far in that environment. “Improved”? How?
I'd like to keep discussing this if you want....I'd just like you to figure out what the rules should be that makes it so a guy can be stagnant or even regress in areas but was not held back...but the guy who has improved was held back by 1 player.
This is funny. We get this ^^^^ in the same post where you extol playoff success to rip Embiid and the Sixers because you’re mad while also claiming the team that’s now 1-6 in playoff and play in games has improved. I’m clearly the guy with the floating rules.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better rebounder, passer, better at running the offense, still an elite defender but sure. Yes, he does have other good players around him so his stats didn't climb like the guy putting up empty stats for a terrible team.
1 rebound per game and one assist per game = better rebounder and passer?!?! Yikes.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTFoolsGold spinning his special brand of BS.

LOL.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone can thank detroit for taking Cade because if the Cavs got him they don't get Mitchell and this conversation never happens

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not like this group has one more than one playoff or playin game despite having 5 of the 7 played at home. Baby steps my guy. How about the Cavs win a round before you start talking nonsense like ECF.

Hmmm… you lead with a statement that implies the playoffs are every thing. How are they better when they do fuck all in the playoffs?!?!? They have won a single game so far in that environment. “Improved”? How?

This is funny. We get this ^^^^ in the same post where you extol playoff success to rip Embiid and the Sixers because you’re mad while also claiming the team that’s now 1-6 in playoff and play in games has improved. I’m clearly the guy with the floating rules.
I never said the Cavs would make the ECF....just pointing out your team has not and been building around that Embiid fellow since before Lebron even went to LA.

Mad? are you kidding? as usual this is pure comedy and you are pretty much kicking your own ass. Why I asked you to decide what you want the rules to be. whatever you want....just stick to your rules.

FYI, based on what you say when it comes to football you really should not even offer any opinions on basketball.....and that's been confirmed with how all over the place you are here.

get it together. To read further I'll need to see what your rules are in this discussion. If you cannot tell me those first don't bother writing as I wont see it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 rebound per game and one assist per game = better rebounder and passer?!?! Yikes.
I'll look at this since it came before I gave you the rules

I thought you said you watched the games? If so you'd know he's a better rebounder and passer....and 1 rpg and apg would be better. That's remedial math, my friend.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what it has to be, but that's what we were talking about. Does that mean you found 1 person who had a really good season in year 3 this millenium? Not sure how that proves Mobley's growth has been stunted solely due to adding Mitchell to the team, but OK.

I
Oh, no.

It doesn’t prove that Mitchell stunted his growth.

It actually kinda shows the opposite.

You can be a young player on a good team and still improve.

…..and 1 this millennia?

Zach Randolph, didn’t make the playoffs at 41-41/

But improved playing with talent.

IMG_1163.jpeg

Shawn Marion….

IMG_1162.jpeg

Pascal Siakam.

Kawhi, Gasol, Lowry, Ibaka and won a ring.

IMG_1161.jpeg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the Cavs would make the ECF....just pointing out your team has not and been building around that Embiid fellow since before Lebron even went to LA.
I know exactly what you did. It’s deflection because you’re really angry
Mad? are you kidding? as usual this is pure comedy and you are pretty much kicking your own ass. Why I asked you to decide what you want the rules to be. whatever you want....just stick to your rules.
Universally, most people on this board and around basketball are of the opinion that Mitchell is holding him back. You’re alone on an island.
FYI, based on what you say when it comes to football you really should not even offer any opinions on basketball.....and that's been confirmed with how all over the place you are here.
Oy vey
get it together. To read further I'll need to see what your rules are in this discussion. If you cannot tell me those first don't bother writing as I wont see it.
You’re hopeless

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no.

It doesn’t prove that Mitchell stunted his growth.

It actually kinda shows the opposite.

You can be a young player on a good team and still improve.

…..and 1 this millennia?

Zach Randolph, didn’t make the playoffs at 41-41/

But improved playing with talent.

View attachment 359324

Shawn Marion….

View attachment 359325

Pascal Siakam.

Kawhi, Gasol, Lowry, Ibaka and won a ring.

View attachment 359326
I mean, I kind of thought that was the discussion here.....at least for me. That Mitchell did not stunt Mobley's growth and he has been growing/improving.

It is true Mobley came into the league like Siakam did in his year 3 season but don't think that should be held against Mobley/Mitchell.

If anyone is holding Mobley back it might be himself and he definitely needs to be more aggressive. Not sure he can become that guy but we'll see.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I kind of thought that was the discussion here.....at least for me. That Mitchell did not stunt Mobley's growth and he has been growing/improving.

It is true Mobley came into the league like Siakam did in his year 3 season but don't think that should be held against Mobley/Mitchell.

If anyone is holding Mobley back it might be himself and he definitely needs to be more aggressive. Not sure he can become that guy but we'll see.
I think that’s the discussion with DJ and Fighting.

I wholly disagree that it was a bad or misguided trade.

When guys like that come available, you grab them.