• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries have been a season long thing too.

During the recent stretch where they were mostly healthy they went something like 20-8.

Here is where I push back though.

You have Anthony Davis, LeBron James and some pretty solid role players.

This is a 50-55 win roster even with the injuries they have had.

What value has Ham added to this team?

I have yet to see any evidence that he brings any value at all.

And if that is the case, why are the Lakers still rolling with him?

Merely being adequate isn’t a reason to keep a coach around. Especially when there is reason to believe that maybe he isn’t.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are yes

I can't deny his point

But I don't recall that treatment coming on new...funbags and dt both came on around when I did also from Rivals
Do you still post on Rivals?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Sixers fan. Embiid has never been healthy for any playoff series and it’s not an excuse. Why would I then accept your excuse? Bickerstaff teams are 1-6 in playoff/ play in games. His teams peak early like this year’s 18-2 midseason mirage.
You think Nurse was smart this year....then dumb....now smart again?

You don't have to accept an excuse but missing top players are a reason a team might struggle in the playoffs....or just not having enough good players. Players matter.

I doubt anyone thought the 18-2 team was who we were...nor would a reasonable person think the post all star team mostly without Mitchell and other starters is who we are.

considering your views of fans whose teams have not won recent titles in football should you even have an opinion on the NBA, coaches, players, teams, etc?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still post on Rivals?

Nope got banned for life for asking the big mod (Greg whatever his fucking name was) if I could have gobucks free Rivals swag.

I said something to janty about it (I could still message) and he acted like he had no idea.

I'm trying to remember the Bama fan that was a cop that became a mod...I'm sure he was a great cop but what a total fucking sellout when it came to fighting for justice

Anywhooo...I was told I had to apologize and I told them they could suck a dick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like a guy who has improved in many areas since his rookie season. as it did the other time you asked.
I didn’t ask you. I already know your opinion. It’s etched in stone because we are talking about a Cleveland player

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Permaban

Permaban brothers

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be nice to have new blood though

Yeah I have long thought that this core group of posters could be a lot more welcoming to new blood.

We have all been guilty at one time or another.

And I am not talking about the crazies like Buckalice. They deserve everything they got coming to them.

But we have surely chased away people that could have made decent and productive regulars on this board.

I just wish that in general, the first few responses to people would be more welcoming.

Now if someone comes in here looking to instigate that is different.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this look like evidence of development for a guy with superstar potential? He actually gets 1 less shot per game as his rookie year.
View attachment 359286View attachment 359287

Got to be honest…

It isn’t any type of leap in production that I am sure Cavs fans were looking for.

But I see more efficient shooting, and more rebounds and assists in fewer minutes.

Don’t think that graphic makes the case you want it to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this look like evidence of development for a guy with superstar potential? He actually gets 1 less shot per game as his rookie year.
View attachment 359286View attachment 359287
skewed.

when they brought him back from a serious injury they eased him in at the endo f January

21 min
22 min
24 min
28 min
25 min
26 min
27 min
28 min.

he then got hurt again for 3 weeks in March and again they eased him back in
21 min
25 min

between the 2 injuries to his legs they did not push him and tried to get him healthy.

also- he is playing with a fairly deep team where shots are pretty spread out.

despite that his FG% is the best of his career- he is slowly developing a 3 pointer, he has the most rebounds per game of his career, most assists per game of his career- and despite losing almost 4 minutes a game is just 0.3 ppg off his high from last year. and only down 0.9 shots per game despite playing almost 4 minutes less a game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest…

It isn’t any type of leap in production that I am sure Cavs fans were looking for.

But I see more efficient shooting, and more rebounds and assists in fewer minutes.

“More” equals half a rebound and half an assist per game. More efficient shooting is evident. So what do the Cavs do? He gets one less shot per game since his rookie year. This absolutely shows a player who is stagnant in development and that’s a crime for a player with superstar potential. This is Ben Simmons-esque. He’s essentially the same guy that he was when he walked into the league as a rookie 3 years ago. This isn’t even close to proper development. I couldn’t disagree with you more.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15.9, 9.5, 3.2 and a 58.3% fg percentage for a 22 year old is fairly decent.

pretty much identical numbers to Bam in his age 22 season- except in about 3 less minutes per game. Defense probably similar (though Mobley was 3rd DPOY last year, andi f he was healthy hed prob. be close to the same maybe better this year......Bam a little more assists- Mobley showing a little bit better range.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest…

I was told he would be a superstar by now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“More” equals half a rebound and half an assist per game. More efficient shooting is evident. So what do the Cavs do? He gets one less shot per game since his rookie year. This absolutely shows a player who is stagnant in development and that’s a crime for a player with superstar potential. This is Ben Simmons-esque. He’s essentially the same guy that he was when he walked into the league as a rookie 3 years ago. This isn’t even close to proper development. I couldn’t disagree with you more.
if you have 2 fairly major leg injuries the team is not going to have you play 34 minutes a night right when you get back- unless they want you to develop chronic injuries for the rest of your career like a certain big man that despite being a top 3 player for years has never accomplished dick in the playoffs despite being in year 9 since he was drafted.