• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skewed.

when they brought him back from a serious injury they eased him in at the endo f January

21 min
22 min
24 min
28 min
25 min
26 min
27 min
28 min.

he then got hurt again for 3 weeks in March and again they eased him back in
21 min
25 min

between the 2 injuries to his legs they did not push him and tried to get him healthy.

also- he is playing with a fairly deep team where shots are pretty spread out.

despite that his FG% is the best of his career- he is slowly developing a 3 pointer, he has the most rebounds per game of his career, most assists per game of his career- and despite losing almost 4 minutes a game is just 0.3 ppg off his high from last year. and only down 0.9 shots per game despite playing almost 4 minutes less a game.
You’re nuts if you think any of this is good enough when it comes to the development of a superstar. This is what development should look like. Same draft.

IMG_4214.pngIMG_4215.png

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15.9, 9.5, 3.2 and a 58.3% fg percentage for a 22 year old is fairly decent.

pretty much identical numbers to Bam in his age 22 season- except in about 3 less minutes per game. Defense probably similar (though Mobley was 3rd DPOY last year, andi f he was healthy hed prob. be close to the same maybe better this year......Bam a little more assists- Mobley showing a little bit better range.
Pretty much the same player he was as a rookie.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have 2 fairly major leg injuries the team is not going to have you play 34 minutes a night right when you get back- unless they want you to develop chronic injuries for the rest of your career like a certain big man that despite being a top 3 player for years has never accomplished dick in the playoffs despite being in year 9 since he was drafted.
Oh you’re so mad. It’s not Embiid’s fault that the Cavs haven’t developed Mobley.

How about when your current group isn’t 1-6 in playoff and play in games you can talk playoff shit. Garland Allen Mobley have never sniffed the 2nd round. Embiid has only failed to make the 2nd round once in his career. Cavs home record is 1-4 in those 7 games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re nuts if you think any of this is good enough when it comes to the development of a superstar. This is what development should look like. Same draft.

View attachment 359302View attachment 359301
I think if he was totally healthy and on a worse team his numbers would be a lot better. If your playing with 3 guys that are older ad have made all star teams and you were 2nd in the East until injuries hit--- and you had serious injuries yourself- you prob aren't getting 20 shots a game.

Put him on the Wizards and he would prob have 25 pts a game---- call that "development" if you want I guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you’re so mad. It’s not Embiid’s fault that the Cavs haven’t developed Mobley.

How about when your current group isn’t 1-6 in playoff and play in games you can talk playoff shit. Garland Allen Mobley have never sniffed the 2nd round. Embiid has only failed to make the 2nd round once in his career. Cavs home record is 1-4 in those 7 games.
just stating facts.

I dont think the Cavs want their future to develop chronic injuries and rush him back from injury- and they had the luxury of not having to do it because they have other guys that can score.

Much better than riding your future into the ground so every year is a flip of a coin whether he will be available for the playoffs because his knees have more wear and tear than Kamelas.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he was totally healthy and on a worse team his numbers would be a lot better.
Cause you’re an excuse guy when it comes to your teams. The Guardians would be world champs if only…
If your playing with 3 guys that are older ad have made all star teams and you were 2nd in the East until injuries hit--- and you had serious injuries yourself- you prob aren't getting 20 shots a game.
Tyrese Maxey did and he was the 21st player taken in his draft. That’s what superstar development looks like with leaps every year.
Put him on the Wizards and he would prob have 25 pts a game---- call that "development" if you want I guess.
Nah. His rookie year you were saying he’s better than Bam already. Where is the evidence? Why is this guy getting as many shots as Jarrett Allen per game when Allen has no offensive game outside of 5 feet?

Fact: acquiring Donovan Mitchell has set your franchise back in numerous ways and the biggest area this can be seen is in quelling the development of Mobley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just stating facts.
No you’re not. Joel Embiid has nothing to do with the Cavs not developing Mobley
I dont think the Cavs want their future to develop chronic injuries and rush him back from injury- and they had the luxury of not having to do it because they have other guys that can score.
You’re leaning on one 2 month window and ignoring the reality that he’s essentially the same player he was coming out of USC with a better shot through repetitions but is wasted because he takes as many shots as he did his rookie year.
Much better than riding your future into the ground so every year is a flip of a coin whether he will be available for the playoffs because his knees have more wear and tear than Kamelas.
You’re so mad. Joel Embiid has actually been extended by the Sixers. He missed his first two years in the NBA and came from Kansas already injured.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he was on a team as bad as Toronto I would imagine his stats would be much better than that.
Are the Cavs that much better than Toronto? Barnes had FVV Siakam OG Anunoby he was running with until they left.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he was totally healthy and on a worse team his numbers would be a lot better. If your playing with 3 guys that are older ad have made all star teams and you were 2nd in the East until injuries hit--- and you had serious injuries yourself- you prob aren't getting 20 shots a game.

I think he has plateaued, be it because of injuries or team construction.

I was of the belief that the Cavs were on their way to being a true contender.

But only if Mobley was your 1st or 2nd best player.

Different positions.

But I wanted him to take a Antman type leap.

He has zero fucks to give about playing with KAT

He’s the alpha male.

I’m not sure Mobley has that in him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he was on a team as bad as Toronto I would imagine his stats would be much better than that.
I agree.

At minimum, he’d be putting up Banchero scoring numbers, with better efficiency.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has plateaued, be it because of injuries or team construction.

I was of the belief that the Cavs were on their way to being a true contender.

But only if Mobley was your 1st or 2nd best player.

Different positions.

But I wanted him to take a Antman type leap.

He has zero fucks to give about playing with KAT

He’s the alpha male.

I’m not sure Mobley has that in him.
All the more reason why acquiring Mitchell was dumb as fuck.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where I push back though.

You have Anthony Davis, LeBron James and some pretty solid role players.

This is a 50-55 win roster even with the injuries they have had.

What value has Ham added to this team?

I have yet to see any evidence that he brings any value at all.

And if that is the case, why are the Lakers still rolling with him?

Merely being adequate isn’t a reason to keep a coach around. Especially when there is reason to believe that maybe he isn’t.

I disagree that it's a 50-55 win roster with the injuries they've had. They've had so many injuries to important rotational players that they've haven't had much in the way of consistent rotations and have had to give developing guys like Christie and end of the bench guys like Castleton (who was brought up from the G-League) significant minutes at times.

They have struggled with consistency all season largely because they haven't been able to have consistent rotations. Lebron is 39 and can't carry a team anymore.

The majority of the "fire him" crap is because of his rotations. I'm sure that if you asked him at the beginning of the season what his ideal rotation would be...it would look a lot different from what he's had to put out there at times.

Who is/was available that is better than Ham? Doc? We've seen how he's done in Milwaukee.

If the Lakers decide to fire Ham after the season, so be it. But they had better be able to bring in someone better. As I said, he has made his share of mistakes, all coaches do, even all time greats. Acting like the Lakers struggles have been all on Ham and that firing him would fix it, is just lazy.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason why acquiring Mitchell was dumb as fuck.
Yeah…

But that’s hindsight.

This is not me shitting on the City.

But it’s Cleveland.

When you have the chance to land a premier player, in a City that doesn’t attract a ton of top free agents, you take it.

I think it was a reasonable risk.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that it's a 50-55 win roster with the injuries they've had. They've had so many injuries to important rotational players that they've haven't had much in the way of consistent rotations and have had to give developing guys like Christie and end of the bench guys like Castleton (who was brought up from the G-League) significant minutes at times.

They have struggled with consistency all season largely because they haven't been able to have consistent rotations. Lebron is 39 and can't carry a team anymore.

The majority of the "fire him" crap is because of his rotations. I'm sure that if you asked him at the beginning of the season what his ideal rotation would be...it would look a lot different from what he's had to put out there at times.

Who is/was available that is better than Ham? Doc? We've seen how he's done in Milwaukee.
It’s his rotations and his game management.

Does he get fined if he calls a timeout to stop a run?

As for who’s out there….

Lue will be after this Season.

Pretty sure he’s had it with the Clippers fuckery.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah…

But that’s hindsight.

This is not me shitting on the City.

But it’s Cleveland.

When you have the chance to land a premier player, in a City that doesn’t attract a ton of top free agents, you take it.

I think it was a reasonable risk.
Not hindsight for this guy. I was critical day of the trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t ask you. I already know your opinion. It’s etched in stone because we are talking about a Cleveland player
My opinion was based on facts.

FYI, doesn't have to do with being a Cleveland fan...if you told me Mitchell shit the bed last postseason and needs to get it together this year you'd get no disagreement from me.

Tell me an improving 22-year-old has been held back..yeah, I might disagree with that.