• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering which one of NJ's MVP's should JE have won?

I remember for his first MVP the talking heads said it came down to games played. Jokic played 72 and Embiid played 51. For his second MVP Jokic shot .583 from the field, Embiid .499. Also he averaged 7.9 asts while Joel averaged 4.2.

And obviously Embiid's the far better defender. But Jokic has far better court vision.
I leaned Embiid 2021-22.

Joker should not have won by the same logic used against Doncic this year.

How can you be MVP as a 6th seed, outside of the triple double shit they gave it to Westbrook ?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not great.

The top is where it’s weak

The rest of the draft is pretty similar to any other draft

Just not clear where the star power is

I think 2000 might be worse though
2000 was shitacularly AWFUL .

Only three future All-Stars were selected, one of them, Michael Redd (43), going in the middle of the second round. The others, Kenyon Martin (1) and Jamaal Magloire (19) each received just one nod.

Much of the rest of the lottery is memorable for a litany of guys who were way better in "NBA Street" for PS2 than they were in real life, such as Stromile Swift (2), Darius Miles (3), Marcus Fizer (4), DerMarr Johnson (6), Chris Mihm (7), Joel Przybilla (9), Keyon Dooling (10), Etan Thomas (12), Courtney Alexander (13), and Mateen Cleaves (14), who had won a national title and Final Four Most Outstanding Player Award the preceding spring with Michigan State.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I leaned Embiid 2021-22.

How can you be MVP as a 6th seed, outside of the triple double shit they gave it to Westbrook ?

Because without him they would’ve been a bottom 3 team in the league? Jokic dragged that team to a 6th seed. Hell this year without Jokic last week they barely beat the Trailblazers by 3 points.

What Luka is doing is impressive but without him, while the Mavs wouldn’t be the 5th they are currently they still have Kyrie and would be around .500 still.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Nuggets have been good for the past 5-6 seasons so unlike what some people claim you can’t just say I showed up when they got good. It’s never been a secret that the football forum is where I spent most of my time, doesn’t mean I never paid attention to this forum I just didn’t post as much, now I do.
I’m ok with it remaining a secret

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because without him they would’ve been a bottom 3 team in the league? Jokic dragged that team to a 6th seed. Hell this year without Jokic last week they barely beat the Trailblazers by 3 points.

What Luka is doing is impressive but without him, while the Mavs wouldn’t be the 5th they are currently they still have Kyrie and would be around .500 still.
Lies.

The Mavs would absolutely be in the SHITTER without Luka.

We can tell real-time what the 6ers are without Embiid.

Be glad that you haven’t had to find out how hard life could be without Joker.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That argument brings Shai to the top of the conversation

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000 was shitacularly AWFUL .

Only three future All-Stars were selected, one of them, Michael Redd (43), going in the middle of the second round. The others, Kenyon Martin (1) and Jamaal Magloire (19) each received just one nod.

Much of the rest of the lottery is memorable for a litany of guys who were way better in "NBA Street" for PS2 than they were in real life, such as Stromile Swift (2), Darius Miles (3), Marcus Fizer (4), DerMarr Johnson (6), Chris Mihm (7), Joel Przybilla (9), Keyon Dooling (10), Etan Thomas (12), Courtney Alexander (13), and Mateen Cleaves (14), who had won a national title and Final Four Most Outstanding Player Award the preceding spring with Michigan State.

One of the biggest reasons was guys who unexpectedly stayed

Including Gerald Wallace, who would've went third and set off a huge domino of event with those picks.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the other question is going to be how many guys come back for NIL money.

That will determine the depth of the draft.

Last year it brought back McCullars & Filipowski in particular. Which is a boon for this draft and a loss last year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other question is going to be how many guys come back for NIL money.

That will determine the depth of the draft.

Last year it brought back McCullars & Filipowski in particular. Which is a boon for this draft and a loss last year.
You are correct.

Not as much of a rush financially anymore.

If you are a lottery guy, sure.

But look at the extreme case of Bronny James.

He is not going round 1.

IDGAF what y’all say, he isn’t unless it’s to the Lakers.

Nobody is buying Lebron leaving to play with his kid anymore.

Bronny will make more through NIL.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. Releasing someone after March 1st is such a big fuck you as they can’t be eligible for the playoffs. Start summer vacation early bitch lol
Fucking THIEF.

Career Earnings

Dwight Powell: $71,719,21

Powell has spent all but several months of his nine-year career with the Mavericks. While his role has fluctuated over the years, he's been ready whenever the team has needed him. They've kept him steadily paid at an average of $10 million per year since re-signing him in 2016.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I leaned Embiid 2021-22.

Last season Jokic led the Nuggets to the best record in the WC (53-29) and the Mavs finished 11th (38-44).

What the Mavs should do is trade Luka to the Celtics for Holiday + draft picks & anyone on the roster that isn't a starter. Seems legit to me.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

Not as much of a rush financially anymore.

If you are a lottery guy, sure.

But look at the extreme case of Bronny James.

He is not going round 1.

IDGAF what y’all say, he isn’t unless it’s to the Lakers.

Nobody is buying Lebron leaving to play with his kid anymore.

Bronny will make more through NIL.

I mean filipowski was a projected top 20 pick Last year

This draft looks fine besides the fact that the guy picked at 6 and 7 last year would have the chance to go 1-1 this year
The espn guys when did an article about how this draft had a chance at serious depth if the expected guys leave.