• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season Jokic led the Nuggets to the best record in the WC (53-29) and the Mavs finished 11th (38-44).

What the Mavs should do is trade Luka to the Celtics for Holiday + draft picks & anyone on the roster that isn't a starter. Seems legit to me.
We are talking about Luka this year.

He has MVP worthy stats.

So does SGA.

The reason Luka should not win, is the same reason I believe Joker should not have won.

When the difference in stats is razor thin, I go with the guy whose team has the better record

Which is why I have consistently said it should be SGA this year, even though the thought of it gives me the bubble guts.

I get that others disagree with that stance and that’s okay.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)We are talking about Luka this year.

He has MVP worthy stats.

So does SGA.

The reason Luka should not win, is the same reason I believe Joker should not have won.

When the difference in stats is razor thin, I go with the guy whose team has the better record

Which is why I have consistently said it should be SGA this year, even though the thought of it gives me the bubble guts.

Oh damn my bad on that. I'm all mixed up like pasta primavera (shoutout to the Beastie Boys).

As far as SGA getting the MVP. Now don't tell @thunderc I said this but he should be disqualified due to that bizarre commercial he did with Chet. :heh:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has MVP worthy stats.

So does SGA.

The difference is Dallas is fully healthy and Murray missed like the entire year

Didn’t Porter miss significant time as well??

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lies.

The Mavs would absolutely be in the SHITTER without Luka.

We can tell real-time what the 6ers are without Embiid.

Be glad that you haven’t had to find out how hard life could be without Joker.

The voters felt that way when they gave it to Joker, we’ll see if they agree again if Luka gets it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lies.

The Mavs would absolutely be in the SHITTER without Luka.

We can tell real-time what the 6ers are without Embiid.

Be glad that you haven’t had to find out how hard life could be without Joker.

Yeah.

Kyrie would put up spectacular numbers, but the Mavs would be a mid lotto team as is without Luka.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is Dallas is fully healthy and Murray missed like the entire year

Didn’t Porter miss significant time as well??
Yeah, concede on that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

Not as much of a rush financially anymore.

If you are a lottery guy, sure.

But look at the extreme case of Bronny James.

He is not going round 1.

IDGAF what y’all say, he isn’t unless it’s to the Lakers.

Nobody is buying Lebron leaving to play with his kid anymore.

Bronny will make more through NIL.

I'm not sure that even the Lakers would do that. They aren't in a position to be able to throw away a 1st round pick (if they had one) even a late one.

Hopefully, Lebron or someone who has his ear, will be honest/smart enough to know that Bronny isn't ready and his best chance to have any kind of NBA career will be by staying in school.

With him suffering that cardiac arrest in the summer, they even have a perfect built in excuse since he missed all of training camp, didn't play until something like 8 games into the season and was under a minutes restriction all year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop has to be in the conversation.

He was the example of value added to a team from the coaching box in terms of in game management and player development for 2 decades.

However, why I give the nod to Phil is because Pop’s two superstars were both known for being egoless.

Give him his first job coaching Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony…

We probably can’t pick Pop out of a lineup today.
Good points.....but clearly Pop also not afraid of a challenge so I give him credit. Phillip would have run from this SA team a long time ago (if he'd have even taken the job without arguably the best player on the team already.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points.....but clearly Pop also not afraid of a challenge so I give him credit. Phillip would have run from this SA team a long time ago (if he'd have even taken the job without arguably the best player on the team already.

You guys realize the spurs made the conference semi finals without Duncan and pop

If Phil could’ve taken over knowing he’d have Duncan would’ve been on point

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has MVP worthy stats.

So does SGA.

Really sorry to hear about the bubble guts. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone, well not many people, well certainly not you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided to retire my part in the Josh Kiddey stuff. I had a great Lent and I’m trying to focus less on what’s wrong with everybody else. I’m not giving up on fucking with people though. Just not going to use the issues of others the way I used to.

All that being said…I laughed.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided to retire my part in the Josh Kiddey stuff. I had a great Lent and I’m trying to focus less on what’s wrong with everybody else. I’m not giving up on fucking with people though. Just not going to use the issues of others the way I used to.

All that being said…I laughed.
Well it certainly was funny that he would want to change his name to someone who has real, grown up, go to jail type problems.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000 was shitacularly AWFUL .

Only three future All-Stars were selected, one of them, Michael Redd (43), going in the middle of the second round. The others, Kenyon Martin (1) and Jamaal Magloire (19) each received just one nod.

Much of the rest of the lottery is memorable for a litany of guys who were way better in "NBA Street" for PS2 than they were in real life, such as Stromile Swift (2), Darius Miles (3), Marcus Fizer (4), DerMarr Johnson (6), Chris Mihm (7), Joel Przybilla (9), Keyon Dooling (10), Etan Thomas (12), Courtney Alexander (13), and Mateen Cleaves (14), who had won a national title and Final Four Most Outstanding Player Award the preceding spring with Michigan State.

I think we will get some guys who push this class well past some of the really bad ones but this is a total crap shoot.

<insert 2 and done for fuck sakes this is retarded comment>