• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the rule for Joker as well? Cause without Jamal Murray he leads his team to a 5 or 6 seed and a first round exit. With Jamal Murray closing games, Denver goes to the WCF in the bubble and then an NBA title.

If “look at the other guys” is your argument how does that not apply to Joker?

Never said it didn't. Neither team is as good without the play supporting cast. All I said is that neither has done anything to change the order.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can’t see what’s being said that’s on you. Even if the rankings were real, which they aren’t, they don’t mean shit.
And these awards are pushed by media narrative a lot. See Marcus Smart DPOY a few years ago. That was Bridges or Williams award until the media pushed smart name heavy late in the season. A lot of these media guys barely watch any basketball and yet voting on important awards

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And these awards are pushed by media narrative a lot. See Marcus Smart DPOY a few years ago. That was Bridges or Williams award until the media pushed smart name heavy late in the season. A lot of these media guys barely watch any basketball and yet voting on important awards

And those are the guys voting for it and it's their order.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those are the guys voting for it and it's their order.
Ok I’ll play along. If it is an order are you actually saying that guys can’t change their mind? Shai just did something no one has done since the goat did it. Is that not allowed to be considered? The answer is yes, there are many reasons voters could use to justify changing their minds, but in truth no one’s mind was ever made up on the first place. That’s the real stupidity of your argument.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just going to give Jokic every year the rest of his career when he avg somewhere around 25/12/9 as long as Denver is a top 4 seed? Crazy how he is the only player in nba history where they don’t use the voter fatigue bullshit excuse. When LeBron and Giannis did this then they intentionally stopped making them win

Not even close to what I said.

Fine with Shai getting the award.

But the best player should get the award every single year regardless of how many times they earned it before.

And what you said about people who vote for Jokic losing their vote is just a really bad comment.

You should take that back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to what I said.

Fine with Shai getting the award.

But the best player should get the award every single year regardless of how many times they earned it before.

And what you said about people who vote for Jokic losing their vote is just a really bad comment.

You should take that back.

So Lebron was only the best player 4 seasons in his career? Once again, they can't pick and choose when they want to use the voter fatigue excuse but for a weird reason it doesn't apply to Jokic

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t watch games. They instead are married to analytics. Joker is an analytics darling because of his assists from the center position and the fact that he has no other role defensively than to rebound.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I will say is there is no reason to give Jokic the MVP over SGA

Denver doing what people expected them to do while SGA got his team playing out of their mind. Everyone expected a jump from OKC but not top 4 seed type of jump (possibly top seed out west)

A lot of voters need to lose their vote if they give the MVP to Jokic again
It should go to Embiid.

He proved how valuable he was when he played and he proved how valuable he was when he didn't.

Clear MVP.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I’ll play along. If it is an order are you actually saying that guys can’t change their mind? Shai just did something no one has done since the goat did it. Is that not allowed to be considered? The answer is yes, there are many reasons voters could use to justify changing their minds, but in truth no one’s mind was ever made up on the first place. That’s the real stupidity of your argument.

Never said they couldn't change their mind. Just that it doesn't appear they have and neither player has done anything to change it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should go to Embiid.

Haven't followed them very closely. But, if the Sixers have been losing a bunch of games since he's been out...it does make a case. Problem is, the 65 game requirement is going to make him ineligible.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn impressive road win by the Knicks earlier...107-98.
I thought for sure they were gonna lose in Cleveland after Brunson's injury in the 1st qtr.
But they stepped up and wanted it more than the Cavs.
DDV, JHart & Bogdanovic were huge. Good games also from Achiuwa and McBride.

:clap::thumb::clap::thumb:

Now about the Dubs' effort in Boston.....Yikes.

:L
No doubt the Cavs "fans" are overreacting and it was a huge W for NY under circumstances. Props to them, for sure.

But we also beat Denver without Mitchell and Levert. Happens.