• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a top team and have been a top team because Jokic is arguably the best player in the league.
March 7, 10:00 PM EST

Celtics @ Denver.

Prelude of the NBA Finals 2024?

Don't bother @bksballer89, we already know your answer and hate of the C's.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on board, Shai is the mVP, period.

Cmon man.

Wanting Shai to win, even thinking he should is legit.

Saying that Jokic is undeserving to the point people who vote for him shouldn’t get a vote?

That is one of the worst takes I have ever seen on here.
The real MVP is hurt. That’s seen in the vast difference between the Sixers with and without Embiid. Without Embiid the Sixers are fighting for a play in seed. They’re the Bulls or the Hawks.

IMG_4014.jpeg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give him a chance too.

But you know why the Thunder made the jump this year.

Shai is their best player and their catalyst, no doubt. But he was playing pretty close to his current level last year too.

The reason the Thunder are legit this year is because they added Chet and JDub is a budding star beside Shai.

@bksballer89 trying to give all the credit for team improvement to Shai in the MVP vote is foolish.

Jokic means as much or more to Denver than Shai does to OKC. Just because Denver was a top team last season is no reason to punish Jokic.

They are a top team and have been a top team because Jokic is arguably the best player in the league.
There’s enough data now to confirm that Jokic isn’t the difference there as much as Jamal Murray is the difference there. When Murray is on they’re a championship contender. Murray is that team’s closer in the playoffs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real MVP is hurt. That’s seen in the vast difference between the Sixers with and without Embiid. Without Embiid the Sixers are fighting for a play in seed. They’re the Bulls or the Hawks.

View attachment 356111
He got his, plus the team is still winning games against good teams. You know like yesterday. You can’t be the mvp if you aren’t on the floor.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got his, plus the team is still winning games against good teams. You know like yesterday. You can’t be the mvp if you aren’t on the floor.
And that’s why he won’t win an award. But in reality he’s the real MVP. The Sixers play .700+ ball with Embiid and play sub .400 ball without him.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westchester Knicks can beat the Cavs!

WTF, got to be a mental thingy goin on here

Brunson goes out in first minute of game and the B team beats you on your own turf

Somethin wrong somewhere

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give him a chance too.

But you know why the Thunder made the jump this year.

Shai is their best player and their catalyst, no doubt. But he was playing pretty close to his current level last year too.

The reason the Thunder are legit this year is because they added Chet and JDub is a budding star beside Shai.

@bksballer89 trying to give all the credit for team improvement to Shai in the MVP vote is foolish.

Jokic means as much or more to Denver than Shai does to OKC. Just because Denver was a top team last season is no reason to punish Jokic.

So we just going to give Jokic every year the rest of his career when he avg somewhere around 25/12/9 as long as Denver is a top 4 seed? Crazy how he is the only player in nba history where they don’t use the voter fatigue bullshit excuse. When LeBron and Giannis did this then they intentionally stopped making them win

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just going to give Jokic every year the rest of his career when he avg somewhere around 25/12/9 as long as Denver is a top 4 seed? Crazy how he is the only player in nba history where they don’t use the voter fatigue bullshit excuse. When LeBron and Giannis did this then they intentionally stopped making them win

Seems like it was Embiids to lose until he missed enough games to no longer be eligible.

If memory serves, it was 1. Embiid, 2. Joker, 3. SGA

What has SGA done that would have him leapfrog over Joker?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it was Embiids to lose until he missed enough games to no longer be eligible.

Had his team exceeded expectations big time.

Denver had projected win total of 52.5 while OKC had a projected win total of 44.5

Okc without him may not be better than Houston or Utah

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly the list is too long. Beat Denver in Denver twice for one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had his team exceeded expectations big time.

The other players development has as much to do with it as SGA.

And Denver isn't where they are without Joker.

Don't see where SGA has done anything to leapfrog Joker.

If the order was reversed, I wouldn't see where Joker has done anything to leapfrog over SGA either.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the order was reversed, I wouldn't see where Joker has done anything to leapfrog over SGA either.
It simply matters not where anyone was supposedly ranked 2 months ago. Voters start educating themselves as voting day gets closer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not sure why that initial “order” has anything to do with anything right now. The “MVP Ladder” nonsense is just stuff on NBA social media designed to garner clicks, get discussion, and get interactions. It has no real meaning.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did that all by himself huh?
Is this the rule for Joker as well? Cause without Jamal Murray he leads his team to a 5 or 6 seed and a first round exit. With Jamal Murray closing games, Denver goes to the WCF in the bubble and then an NBA title.

If “look at the other guys” is your argument how does that not apply to Joker?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simply matters not where anyone was supposedly ranked 2 months ago. Voters start educating themselves as voting day gets closer.

Still doesn't show where he's done anything to change the order.