• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and bird faced off in the NCAA championship game.

They did, but if I recall correctly, they didn't actually "meet" and have a conversation or anything...that didn't happen until they shot a Converse commercial together at Birds house in French Lick and his Mom made them lunch. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

At this point, you should just admit you were wrong and quit while you're behind..

It was 13 years ago, he said that he didn't even know about it until he just heard the podcast.

You're the only one who took him serious.

Dude.

I made a 2 sentence comment about how Karl got it right. Yes, using hindsight.

WT responded with a wall of text justifying why it would have been a good trade.

So what exactly are you saying I was wrong about?

Me making fun of him for “being salty”.

Ok dude. Whatever you say.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

I made a 2 sentence comment about how Karl got it right. Yes, using hindsight.

WT responded with a wall of text justifying why it would have been a good trade.

So what exactly are you saying I was wrong about?

Me making fun of him for “being salty”.

Ok dude. Whatever you say.

It's already been pointed out where you were wrong.

You made an incorrect assumption because misinterpreted the post and you were also wrong about "Karl getting it right". He explained his point and instead of accepting it, you said he's angry (because, unlike everyone else, you missed the joke) and called him a Lakers homer for pointing out that there was nothing wrong with that trade and that Karl turned it down to stick it to Melo.

He didn't get it right because, according to the podcast, the Knicks weren't the reason he didn't want to do it...not wanting Melo to get what he wanted was. He was petty and got lucky that the Knicks came in with a better offer.

And lol @you now claiming you were making fun of him for being salty. You were the only one who thought that.

But by all means, please continue to embarrass yourself instead of just admitting you misinterpreted his post.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Wiggy, Laker fans and everyone else attacking each other because you aren’t posting enough stupid bullshit to keep everyone united. Get the f busy. I wonder what happened to Goatum? Hmmm.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Wiggy, Laker fans and everyone else attacking each other because you aren’t posting enough stupid bullshit to keep everyone united. Get the f busy. I wonder what happened to Goatum? Hmmm.

Meh, gotta stick up for Wiggy. Dudes been pretty solid for a while now. I think the combo of Lebron leaving and the Cavs building what looks to be a very good team that will be good for the next several years has been good for him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how many of you have been following, but former NBA player Scot Pollard needed a heart transplant. He was able to find one a few days ago. This was him afterwards

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, gotta stick up for Wiggy. Dudes been pretty solid for a while now. I think the combo of Lebron leaving and the Cavs building what looks to be a very good team that will be good for the next several years has been good for him.
Honestly, I think the last really way out thing that he’s said was , IN CLEVELAND,……Baker > Lebron.

That was a long, LOOOONG time ago.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how many of you have been following, but former NBA player Scot Pollard needed a heart transplant. He was able to find one a few days ago. This was him afterwards

Wow….good for him, sad for the family of the person who passed away for him to receive that gift.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow….good for him, sad for the family of the person who passed away for him to receive that gift.

I'm sorta surprised they actually found one so quickly. Since Pollard is such a big guy, I'd think they'd have to have a specific kind of heart to support his stature.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Kings team he was in the 'Bench Mob', really fun team lots of personality, goofy dudes like Pollard, fun style of play

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read something like a week or 2 ago that he was having trouble finding one given his size....

Good to see he found one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already been pointed out where you were wrong.

You made an incorrect assumption because misinterpreted the post and you were also wrong about "Karl getting it right". He explained his point and instead of accepting it, you said he's angry (because, unlike everyone else, you missed the joke) and called him a Lakers homer for pointing out that there was nothing wrong with that trade and that Karl turned it down to stick it to Melo.

He didn't get it right because, according to the podcast, the Knicks weren't the reason he didn't want to do it...not wanting Melo to get what he wanted was. He was petty and got lucky that the Knicks came in with a better offer.

And lol @you now claiming you were making fun of him for being salty. You were the only one who thought that.

But by all means, please continue to embarrass yourself instead of just admitting you misinterpreted his post.

I was wrong about Karl getting it right?

LOL.

Okay man.

His petty reasons are irrelevant to the fact that he took the better package in hindsight.

I was making fun of him. Why you giving him credit for hyperbole/joking and then taking my quotes as being 100% serious?

You do realize that 99% on here, when people are “making fun of each other” it is in a joking manner right?

At least that is how I always take it.

But go ahead and do you.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said what I said.

Funny how Laker fans are jumping in to defend their homer boy, and everyone else seems to agree with me.

Maybe you are the one that should stop before you clown yourself even more.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong about Karl getting it right?

LOL.

Okay man.

His petty reasons are irrelevant to the fact that he took the better package in hindsight.

I was making fun of him. Why you giving him credit for hyperbole/joking and then taking my quotes as being 100% serious?

You do realize that 99% on here, when people are “making fun of each other” it is in a joking manner right?

At least that is how I always take it.

But go ahead and do you.
Now you're joking all of the sudden?

Seems like you backtracking because you cannot admit you're wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're joking all of the sudden?

Seems like you backtracking because you cannot admit you're wrong.

Really?

You of all people?

Pretty ironic don’t you think?

And yes.

I am making fun of you. Do you get the joke?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

You of all people?

Pretty ironic don’t you think?

And yes.

I am making fun of you. Do you get the joke?
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it comes from AAU. Before AAU got huge, a lot of these guys came into the league not knowing but having heard of the other guys. A lot of times there was a little animosity built up because of that.

Magic and Bird came into the league hating each other even though they'd never met. It was constantly reading how the other guy was better.

These days, these guys meet playing AAU ball and are already friends when they enter the league.
You figured it out. The bball kids can't read.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that Byrd Magic rivalry is said to have saved the league. Just imagine if something like that started from where the league is now.
They'll manufacture it eventually.