• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever in the hell y’all are arguing about, I am 100% sure it is Lebron’s fault.

R.I.P. blaming shit on Kobe.
The lame league with zero competitiveness? Yes that is lebrons fault. The allstar game takes the attitude of the best player of each era. No surprise Lebron's era is the shittiest. You could have predicted that in 2004.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks Cavs Bucks Celtics for the Sixers coming out of the break.

4 games in 6 days.

Tough.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still about quite a few posts every year were 1 of the Laker fans brings up the Chris Paul trade.

For good reason. Name another trade blocked by the NBA front office. Akin to the Sixers/president mess.

Those posts (at least from me) are in reference to the down years for the franchise and the need to bottom out vs reload (and the perceived value of post Lebron draft picks).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lame league with zero competitiveness? Yes that is lebrons fault. The allstar game takes the attitude of the best player of each era. No surprise Lebron's era is the shittiest. You could have predicted that in 2004.

I'd acknowledge Lebrons personality has rubbed off on some of the guys. If Jimmy Butler was as good as Lebron you would probably see more edge if he was the face of the league.

Jordan was the hypercompetitive guy (gambling addict also) who would be as ridiculous as getting shitty over who can throw a quarter closest to the wall lol.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For good reason. Name another trade blocked by the NBA front office. Akin to the Sixers/president mess.

Those posts (at least from me) are in reference to the down years for the franchise and the need to bottom out vs reload (and the perceived value of post Lebron draft picks).

it was a byproduct of the league owning the Hornets rather than the Lakers so much.

I think we've gone over this though...the Lakers wouldn't have had the kind of cap Arenas was saying.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NBA owned the Hornets at the time and Gilbert sent his letter to the League office.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically not wrong though lol

This whole Kobe Melo convo had me thinking how well would that have worked anyway. People forget he wasn't willing to really accept he wasn't the alpha in OKC...that team would have been much better if he had.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd acknowledge Lebrons personality has rubbed off on some of the guys. If Jimmy Butler was as good as Lebron you would probably see more edge if he was the face of the league.

Jordan was the hypercompetitive guy (gambling addict also) who would be as ridiculous as getting shitty over who can throw a quarter closest to the wall lol.

I don't know about it being Lebron. I think it's more about the income of the players involved. A bunch of millionaires joking, hugging and shaking hands (not just teammates) after every game takes a lot of that edge away. We need more pettiness, grudges and sore losers, lol.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ
George
Melo
Adams in your starting lineup and you have fucking Jerami Grant off the bench?

just looked

Grants on off for the Jazz series was plus 29...lol. They lost on him to dig out from Melo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically not wrong though lol

This whole Kobe Melo convo had me thinking how well would that have worked anyway. People forget he wasn't willing to really accept he wasn't the alpha in OKC...that team would have been much better if he had.
Yea he’s right but he comes off as a real jerk from what I been hearing from former players. Sounded like a shitty dude to play for

Melo and Kobe would have took some time to work since both were in their prime at that time and both are shoot first players. Not an easy fit at all

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he’s right but he comes off as a real jerk from what I been hearing from former players. Sounded like a shitty dude to play for

Melo and Kobe would have took some time to work since both were in their prime at that time and both are shoot first players. Not an easy fit at all

Other than the Lakers' proclivity for chasing stars, I'm kinda surprised this was even a thing because of the fit. Being a Lakers and Syracuse fan, I'm also surprised this was kept so quiet (and it makes me question the validity of the rumor).