• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ninja Spy GIF by Walk Off The Earth

Sure, but that was from an unreliable source....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t require fixing. It is an exhibition and is treated as such. Don’t watch

I agree that it doesn't necessarily require "fixing"...it can't really be "fixed" because the players are the ones who determine the level of competitiveness. If they view the entire thing as an exhibition, that's how it will be played. The league can't really say "You guys better start trying or else". lol

Also, I don't think we'd want them competing hard for 4 quarters, if for no other reason than it would increase the chances of someone getting hurt.

Having said that, 3 quarters of showing off and competing in the 4th seemed like something that satisfied most fans.

And...having said all of that...complaining about an ASG does seem a little silly. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it doesn't necessarily require "fixing"...it can't really be "fixed" because the players are the ones who determine the level of competitiveness. If they view the entire thing as an exhibition, that's how it will be played. The league can't really say "You guys better start trying or else". lol

Also, I don't think we'd want them competing hard for 4 quarters, if for no other reason than it would increase the chances of someone getting hurt.

Having said that, 3 quarters of showing off and competing in the 4th seemed like something that satisfied most fans.

And...having said all of that...complaining about an ASG does seem a little silly. lol
Every time I see a replay of the all star games with MJ dueling it out with Malone and Barkley I feel silly even watching a minute of what people see now days. I guess we are fortunate we got to see it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention he tried to imitate the Dee Brown no look dunk, but didn't cover his eyes until well after the dunk lol.

The scoring for the dunks was ridiculous. Some of those dunks need to be punished with considerably lower scores.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see a replay of the all star games with MJ dueling it out with Malone and Barkley I feel silly even watching a minute of what people see now days. I guess we are fortunate we got to see it.

Yeah, that's why I think it is AAU that is at least part of why the games played as they are now.

Whoever is/are the face(s) of the league often set the tone. Especially since the ASG check stopped mattering. Magic and Bird wanted to beat each other at everything, MJ and then Kobe didn't want to lose to anyone at anything.

That meant that there was always some level of competitiveness to the games.

Now, it's more like getting together with your friends for a shootaround. lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention he tried to imitate the Dee Brown no look dunk, but didn't cover his eyes until well after the dunk lol.

The scoring for the dunks was ridiculous. Some of those dunks need to be punished with considerably lower scores.

I’ve noticed a lot of dunkers do that when doing the no look

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imo, it's probably time to retire the dunk contest and replace it with something else.

There just aren't any original dunks left and the imitations aren't living up to the originals.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I think it is AAU that is at least part of why the games played as they are now.

Whoever is/are the face(s) of the league often set the tone. Especially since the ASG check stopped mattering. Magic and Bird wanted to beat each other at everything, MJ and then Kobe didn't want to lose to anyone at anything.

That meant that there was always some level of competitiveness to the games.

Now, it's more like getting together with your friends for a shootaround. lol
And that Byrd Magic rivalry is said to have saved the league. Just imagine if something like that started from where the league is now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a quote where Doc apparently said "coaching the Bucks is more difficult than I thought".

Not a good look.
Giannis bitching about 4th coach in the last 6 months like he’s not the reason for bud and griffin being gone lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the way Vaughn was running the offense was scrutinized by most of the players on the team. They wanted Simmons running the 1 like in practice. I'm sure Simmons not playing as much or not starting also had some to do with it too.