• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you view the Knicks deal. It's not like either team did much after the trade. But msg and lance are trying to act like the deal with the Lakers was somehow heavily weighted towards the Lakers when it clearly wasn't.

Also, Karl wasn't "right"...he was a petty bitch who got lucky because of what became of Bynum and Odom's careers after the fact.

Really, the deal with the Knicks is hindsight as well because that wasn't the reason for Karl not wanting to make the deal with the Lakers.

Agree on it making more sense to send him East...but again, that apparently wasn't why Karl squashed the deal.

I am not acting like anything. I never commented in any way that this was a bad deal at the time it was being discussed.

My only pushback was on a Laker’s homer expressing anger that this trade didn’t happen as if Laker fans were somehow entitled to it.

And then I also said that Karl got it right using hindsight.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last place team in 3 pt attempts is at over 30 attempts per game.

Go back to the 2014-2015 season for example, the leader in 3 pt attempts was at just under 33 attempts while the last place team attempted 15 per game.

Defense was never played in the AS game unless it was a close game in the 4th but now these guys are shooting a ridiculous amoung of 3s in this game so the #s look crazy

I'm a huge proponent of today's game. But there is no where in the stratosphere of effort in the AS game today as there was 20 to 30 years ago.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Conference really let them know last night.

Just a superior culture here in the East.

Superior rap music.

Superior women.

Obviously superior basketball ability.

:peep:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not acting like anything. I never commented in any way that this was a bad deal at the time it was being discussed.

My only pushback was on a Laker’s homer expressing anger that this trade didn’t happen as if Laker fans were somehow entitled to it.

And then I also said that Karl got it right using hindsight.

lol

Just stop. He mentioned a trade that he said he said he just learned about and was clearly joking about being angry at George Karl. Also, you decided to use hindsight to claim Karl was right because you decided to think someone was actually angry over something from 13 years ago because "Lakers homer".

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting 3s from over half court was laughing at the league and laughing at the fans. I watched part of the 1st then part of the 4th hoping they gave a shit. They didn’t.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting 3s from over half court was laughing at the league and laughing at the fans. I watched part of the 1st then part of the 4th hoping they gave a shit. They didn’t.
If you accept the fact that you're not gonna get a real, competitive game... some of the stuff is actually fun.

Like Dame taking and hitting two half-court 3s... fun.

Or Luka trying a self alley-oop and failing... fun.

Or Haliburton hitting five 3s in a row at the start of the game... fun.

I mean... I'd rather the game was competitive too. But if you accept it on realistic terms, last night wasn't half bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you accept the fact that you're not gonna get a real, competitive game... some of the stuff is actually fun.

Like Dame taking and hitting two half-court 3s... fun.

Or Luka trying a self alley-oop and failing... fun.

Or Haliburton hitting five 3s in a row at the start of the game... fun.

I mean... I'd rather the game was competitive too. But if you accept it on realistic terms, last night wasn't half bad.

Agree. I don't watch any All-Star game expecting to see a highly competitive game.

I don't expect them to take the All-Star game as seriously as they apparently did in the early days of the NBA when they weren't making any money and that All-Star check actually meant something...

but I would like to see them go back to what Barkley was talking about when they would spend the first 3 quarters showing off before actually trying to win in the 4th quarter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't watch a single second of the entire weekend live. Watched highlights of the dunk contest and even that was a waste of my time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Thompson has a good idea. Instead of a game, make it an All Star Dinner. Fans can listen to the players talking about basketball and whatever, and we get to watch them eat.

Maybe have the players go to the host city's best restaurant chain, who will also be the All Star Dinner sponsor.

Best (and only) NBA related thing I watched this weekend was an AD interview with DLo (Backyard Podcast) other than highlights of the dunk contest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill admit to only casually following the situation as its not a player on a team that im a fan of. The talking heads on all the big networks have pointed to he hasnt fared as well as the bucks would have hoped. his numbers are down from what they were in portland. so sure i mentioned the all star game perfomance as being the dame they thought they were getting. not to say that he has been bad by any means.

Doesn't defend in either case, so they're at least half right.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AS game is a joke nowadays.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch a single second of the entire weekend live. Watched highlights of the dunk contest and even that was a waste of my time.
I watch a small portion of the skill competition and most of the 3 point challenge. That's it.

Didn't watch a send of the dunk or all-star game. Boring

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demanding a lot in return for their players so they could not deal them and they are 1 or 2 games out of the playin with a roster that doesn't have a #1 or a bunch of talent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers glaring weakness is size and length. Teams with size and length bother them..... Don't see how that changes in the playoffs.
Agree, that definitely is their weakness. They still have the talent and experience to beat just about everyone but definitely a big weakness.