• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N

No it's all relative but this is obviously over your head.... You either decide to work for someone or take over the business I already know your answer...
You get TB will not own the Phins, right? He has a boss who gets to decide his fate.

Yeah...you probably should not tell others to learn to read. But you are comical in your attempts to double, triple and quadruple down on this.,

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they didn't offer him a lifetime deal as he's not worth it at this point but it doesn't mean that it wasn't more than NO or fair.... Put two and two together or is that too much for you to handle???
Also doesn't mean it was more than NO offered. See how this works?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple quotes saying he was offered more even on NFL network but of course you don't believe it. He's likely scared from his previous injury has to be something like that... anyway whatever we agree to disagree...
Maybe that's true. Not sure about scared, but suppose he does think, "great situation, terrific money, extra year to heal"

Seems coward is a bit out there to describe him.......especially having never talked to the guy or knowing all (really, hardly any) of the details.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a little off and besides the offseason isn't quite over yet. I'm pretty confident that the Fins won't go 0-16 like some of your past teams. I also made no mention of today's browns I think they'll do pretty good...
You should hope they do go 0-16 (well, 1-2 wins would be better). You enjoy being a bad team hoping to be mediocre?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think differently. I'm not handing out money to a QB to get me to 7 maybe 8 wins. Does nothing in my view. I'd rather just run my back up for a season, be bad and get QoF. That money saved can go to a few FA's to build up the team while the QB is on his rookie contract.
well said. Browns finally learned this was the way to go and seems to have worked.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read back... sorry have to go you have all night brother. Take your time you guys have embarrassed yourself enough.

They offered Teddy the same as Fitz. Accept it and move on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I'm going off of NFL network they said Miami's offer was better. Are you saying NFL network doesn't understand what is a better contract? Seriously... and you think I'm nuts man you are on tilt. Enough already...
Let's say it was stipulated the offer actually was better because of course teams leak real info.

does it not matter how much better? Is the guarantee better as well as overall (since all that matters is guarantee)? And does that mean overall guarantee is better simply because it's more? What if one is $11 mil over 2 guaranteed while the other is $7 mil for one year (which we know is the case)?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't of wasted his time you mean. Look there is a reason you can't get any detail ( none) about the Dolphins offer, they didn't make one. $16 million in this market isn't the moon for a starting QB.
Earlier you kept saying the Dolphins made a "fair" offer yet you didn't even know if there was a offer, much less a fair one. Dolphins been meeting with QBs in this draft, sounds like they had something else in mind all along.

Your dismissed.:dhd:
Ok I was off as you only claimed 16 M isn't over the moon for a previously injured back up QB like Bridgewater who hasn't really played in years now. I had mentioned that it was reported that he also wanted incentives on top of that but whatever I'm glad Miami walked. You deemed this as fair and because Miami didn't offer this they didn't offer him anything which makes no sense? Yet NFL network states that Miami's offer was higher than NO which was 7 M guaranteed with up to 12 M in incentives. Using logic and what we've heard it would mean that Miami had to offer at least as SP said a few thousand more with the opportunity to be a starter. The reports also said that another 2 M would have taken NO out of it so lets assume that it had to be over 12 M maybe closer to 14 M to get it done. Some others have said that 10 M would be the most that they would pay him so your quote of Miami not being fair seems to be ridiculous no? We know that Bridgewater wasn't taking 12 M Miami would have had to be higher so he definitely wasn't taking 10 M which most of us believe would have been fair under the circumstances of his injuries but according to you Miami was unfair...got it.

You will say we don't know for sure what the exact offer is but my rationale above makes sense from what we've heard. It would have to be at least 7 M guaranteed or more or they wouldn't have even met a 2nd time. It also logically had to be over 12 M or they wouldn't have even met again. To be honest I can't agree with Bridgewaters decision even if they matched at 12 M with 7 M guaranteed as he had value of starting and showcasing his talents...unless of course he told me that he wasn't confident in his abilities or health. Next year he will be an unknown who hasn't played in years and most of us already have credited him to only be a good back up now. His only chance of hitting it big IMO is to either start this year which he passed up and prove it to the league or if Brees goes down and he pulls a Foles. The odds seem slim but let's see what happens and we can then decide who wins this debate. Sound fair?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you miss Bridgewater's point.
For a bit more money isnt worth starting for the dolphins. They arent committed to this QB. It is just a hold over for whoever they have planned for in 2020. Then he would get kicked to the curb. Starting all over as a back up. & for what? less than starter money.
Might as well stay a back up for a good team. He will further along to become a starter next year if he stays a back up this year. No offense but the Dolphins offense is a dumpster fire. Only long in the tooth vets or some brand new guy would take on being the starter there. They all know they are in a lame duck situation this year.

BTW I like the Fitz hiring for your team. He is a good locker room guy with a good attitude & knows the score on why he is there. When it is time for him to lose his starting gig. he will probably be ok with it.
Read my post previous to this and you will see what I'm trying to get at whether you agree or not I'm not the only one who believes it. Fitz we agree is definitely a bridge basically 6 M a year pretty cheap. They had to beat NO offer to Bridgewater which was 7 M guaranteed a year up 12 M. If they were throwing him to the wolves immediately why would they even bother trying to sign him Fitz would make way more sense. Perhaps they were hoping that he could be the guy moving forward or if anything compete and possibly beat out a drafted QB. Take the pressure off taking one in round 1 allowing them to use those pics to bolster the team? The only teams willing to gamble on the man were NO and the Fins but the Fins seemed to be willing to do more than just bench him for another year or two. Right or wrong decision it looks like this to me. To be honest I'm happier with the Fitz route as there is less risk....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you cannot refute what I said....you could probably teach him to do what you do. No one could teach you to be an NFL QB.

comparing what you do to an NFL QB is laughable.
You missed my point I was saying money is relative. He's accepted 7-12 M which is fine but if he raised his own value like Foles he could parlay that into 80-100 M. Sitting on the bench won't do that hence why I believe he made a huge mistake. Foles was damn lucky to have Wentz get injured twice in consecutive years. I was making regular wages and quadrupled it by taking over a business there was some risk but it paid off in spades...yet sitting on the sidelines no matter the job seems to be your best solution to do yourself better. Good luck with that....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get TB will not own the Phins, right? He has a boss who gets to decide his fate.

Yeah...you probably should not tell others to learn to read. But you are comical in your attempts to double, triple and quadruple down on this.,
It's an analogy but same principal. I took over a business he could have taken over a starting QB job. Both could be parlayed into financial reward. If I hesitated I would have lost the opportunity no different than Bridgewater. I believe his only hope now is if Brees goes down next year and he pulls a Foles...we'll see and discuss I'm not going anywhere.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's true. Not sure about scared, but suppose he does think, "great situation, terrific money, extra year to heal"

Seems coward is a bit out there to describe him.......especially having never talked to the guy or knowing all (really, hardly any) of the details.
Ok I'll take coward back but I honestly believe he must be concerned about his injury or comfortable which isn't right either. I prefer players who are hungry and want to prove themselves. Those guys usually come through too...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should hope they do go 0-16 (well, 1-2 wins would be better). You enjoy being a bad team hoping to be mediocre?
Agreed that it would be better but its not in my DNA. I'd rather see the young guys progress do better and pay more to move up to get a player that is needed. I think that there's more benefit to your young guys having success along the way than sucking shit and tanking. But of course if you don't keep getting better than it's all for naught...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an analogy but same principal. I took over a business he could have taken over a starting QB job. Both could be parlayed into financial reward. If I hesitated I would have lost the opportunity no different than Bridgewater. I believe his only hope now is if Brees goes down next year and he pulls a Foles...we'll see and discuss I'm not going anywhere.
And that worked out horribly for Foles...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that worked out horribly for Foles...
and the odds of it happening again anytime soon....especially to a guy who most already view as a good backup due to his injured past. It can happen sure but......I'm not going to sit on a bench and wait for it to happen to him that's for sure.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns finally got themselves a good GM and Baker looks to be a solid pick. Nice to see the Browns becoming competitive again.
What does he mean about finally learned weren't they last for a decade or so? They more than tanked it happened for years....