• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad for Bridgewater. After rehabilitation of his knee, doing his time as a backup he’s a free agent and can try for a starting job. Bit of bad luck only one team had a opening, but on the bright side it was his hometown Dolphins and they invited him to Miami for a offer. Imagine how happy he must of felt flying to Miami. Big grin on his face, imagining how would feel starting in front of the home crowd. Then he got to the meeting and the Dolphins laying down a offer that was less then he got from the Jets ( 6 million plus 9 million in incentives) . Not only that, but if they wanted the Dolphins could keep him for a second year at this miserly rate of pay. Must of felt like a sucker punch to his gut. Kudos to him for not to settle for the deal. Went back to NO to start over again and wait yet another year.
Not to mention someone in the NFL, who does this for a living, and with a checkbook no less.....

thought his film was good enough to hand him 20+ million dollars , let him start, kick their franchise qb to the curb, and trade away last years incumbent.

oh and you know just for shits and giggles. His advanced efficiency metrics largely are top ten but definitely top 3rd of the league from his starts last year....and his closest player comparison was Aaron Rodgers.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will say I've seen some of that...but have also agreed with some things he has said.

You'll grow tired of it soon like the rest of us have.

For most of us we just use anything FFF spews as comic relief.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is allowed an opinion if you don't like it take a hike? Too hard for you to understand? Instead you don't bring anything to the debate but insults. I get it I'm a Miami fan and you will simply disagree with anything I say but at the same time don't get all worked up if I defend myself. I could give you a brick of gold and you would complain that its too heavy....

Again you're an idiot. You could be the president of the NE Patriots SE chapter or a long lost son of RK for all I care. If you continue to post dumb shit I'll continue like all the others on here to slap you around.

If you weren't in a 24/7 tail spin you'd be able to see I actually discuss football with other posters who actually have football knowledge.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think what you want any sane person on this planet knew he was coming back. I would have fallen out of my seat if brees decided to retire. If this was so 50/50 like you say why did bridge decide to look for work elsewhere? Perhaps he knew that brees wasn't going anywhere you were the only clueless person believing this. Why just to come up with some lame argument with a Fins fan.

Skippy here's a little clue for you. The Phins haven't been relevant since before you were watching football. I don't have any hidden vendetta against them nor their fans. You're a moron plain and simple. Wake up and smell the coffee. It's you, it has nothing to do with who you root for.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not horrible but he could have done better. Are you now saying 4-8 M means nothing man you must be a millionaire or something.

Also I'm factoring in that he was fortunate to play any games last season. Go and read back. If he didn't play a game do you think he still gets the same contract from carolina? I highly doubt it...

No but he likely gets a larger contract then the low ball offer Miami offered him.

Maybe it's Bridge just didn't want to go to that cesspool known as Miami?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin wasn't in a similar situation. He didn't sign a prove it contract as a free agent. He signed franchise tags contracts because he won't sign for under market value.
As for the coward comment, yes that struck a nerve. I truly believed Bridgewater wanted very much to sign with the Dolphins, but the terms offered were just to lopsided to the Dolphins side. All the risk was Bridgewaters. Had to really smart to have resign as Brees back up. However it wasn't by any means giving up on his career. He was just going soldier forward and keep working at his career to be a starter for a team. Yes he got some lucky break to be able to play, but was unlucky that Brees didn't retire IMO and like I said even without playing in those games he 1) has more money in his bank account. 2) Could go back in free agency at a time when more teams had openings, thus more opportunity.
Blasphemy per FFF EVERYONE knew Brees wasn't going to retire.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone who is in the NFL might know better than you? Maybe he saw the tanking most expected to draft a QB high in the upcoming draft? Maybe, as I mentioned, he realized Brees is old and could go down for a game or 2 (doubt he expected 5)?

You just can't look past starting job vs. backup.

There was also plenty of conjecture and speculation Brees may retire. Leaving Bridge as the heir apparent for the starting gig. I wouldn't be surprised if that have even been discussed as part of the negotiation?

So as a young player still looking to get paid, coming off an injury do you want to take a low ball offer to go play for a shitty franchise, that hasn't done anything in two decades. with a terrible oline, set on tanking to get a early pick? Or go be a back up, on a very good offensive team, with a hope of playing, possibly becoming the starter (due to injury or retirement), continue to rehab and sit back and get more offers the next year if Brees doesn't retire?

So if you take away the 90 pages of FFF speculation we can all come to the conclusion that Bridge made the right choice:clap:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blasphemy per FFF EVERYONE knew Brees wasn't going to retire.

My bad I should've went back and actually quoted what FFF said. He said every sane person.

So for ALL you insane posters (the entire rest of the hoop (-) FFF) I say cheers:suds: as I sit here watching the sequel to Twister staring @FlyerFinFan

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I should've went back and actually quoted what FFF said. He said every sane person.

So for ALL you insane posters (the entire rest of the hoop (-) FFF) I say cheers:suds: as I sit here watching the sequel to Twister staring @FlyerFinFan

How do you really feel?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you really feel?

I feel a little uninspired to be honest because I already know the outcome, unlike the FFF version which has a turn each and every chapter. More correctly there is usually a change each paragraph.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the new panthers coach really liked Teddy.
Was the Panthers' Decision to Move on From Cam Newton Justified?

hule explained that Teddy’s relationship and connection with Joe Brady, the team’s first-year offensive coordinator, was a big factor as the two were together with New Orleans during the 2018 NFL season. According to Bridgewater, the two clicked “right away”, explaining how they would often work one-on-one after Saints’ practices throwing routes to the young receivers. The two kept in touch even when Brady moved on to be the passing game coordinator at LSU in 2019.

Having a quarterback familiar with Brady’s system, verbiage, and schemes will allow for a smooth transition as teams often struggle to assimilate when having a first-year offensive coordinator and a new quarterback. Matt Rhule thinks Bridgewater’s winning resume serves as further evidence of what he can bring to Carolina.

"Teddy's a guy that's really won at every level that he's been at," Rhule said. "(Teddy) won at the college level, won in the NFL, had a devastating, devastating injury, comes back, goes to New Orleans, was given a chance there, he wins again. He's just a great scheme fit for us, has been in this offense. So, really, as you're sitting there at a time when there's no offseason, he walks in Day One, he knows the verbiage, he knows the concepts... I think he's the perfect fit for us."

Bridgewater hasn’t been a full-time starting quarterback since 2015 when he led the Vikings to an 11-5 record and a trip to the playoffs. His 5-0 record as a starter in 2019 was all the evidence the team needed to convince themselves he could produce the same results over a full NFL season, as they’re paying him an average of $21 million per year over the next three seasons.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-19_11-40-20.png
    upload_2020-4-19_11-40-20.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 1