• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say thats a good way for their GM to get fired but I think Giants fans might see that as a win/win.
Get fired if he takes a stud defender IF he doesn't like the QBs? To me, what gets the GM fired is taking a QB just because you need one, not because he is worthy.

Now if Haskins (or someone else) is the real deal and he passes? That's another story

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're saying 'draft defense' then you're probably talking about Christian Wilkins, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or Devin White.

That is pretty much punting on 2019, imo. Like the Broncos did last year with Chubb or the Browns with Myles Garrett. It can work out but its going to get some people fired
Doubt anyone lost their job for taking Chubb nor Garrett.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the Giants too closely but them taking Barkley last year was a fairly weird move. I'm not sure if that team is coming or going.
I agree...he's a great player but think they could regret not taking Darnold.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that doesn't help your average person figure out which positions they are targeting. Rebuilding around their oline makes the most sense to me but if they like one of the QBs then they go that way and if they want BPA then its probably pass rusher. Maybe they take DK Metcalf at 6.

I'm willing to believe the Giants could go any direction.
Agree with all of that other than Metcalf at 6. That would be a shocker to me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of that other than Metcalf at 6. That would be a shocker to me.
It wouldn't shock me too much. If they don't take Haskins, I think they go straight to BPA and Metcalf is going to go top 10. Devin White is another flashy pick that matches a 'Barkley' GM style.

I do think many GMs would take a RT for the Giants but they already have 3 investments in the OL so maybe they try to patch that up somewhere else. I just think if their plan is to get Russell Wilson (or some other FA QB somewhere down the line) then they take a RT.

As bad as the Giants roster is right now, its not hard to picture them finishing better than the Redskins next year. If Wentz goes down again, Giants might even be a playoff team with some good roster moves.

But they'd have to pass on these QBs and hope that they can land one in FA next year. Rookie QB contracts are too good to pass up, imo, but maybe the Giants have their own plan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me too much. If they don't take Haskins, I think they go straight to BPA and Metcalf is going to go top 10. Devin White is another flashy pick that matches a 'Barkley' GM style.

I do think many GMs would take a RT for the Giants but they already have 3 investments in the OL so maybe they try to patch that up somewhere else. I just think if their plan is to get Russell Wilson (or some other FA QB somewhere down the line) then they take a RT.

As bad as the Giants roster is right now, its not hard to picture them finishing better than the Redskins next year. If Wentz goes down again, Giants might even be a playoff team with some good roster moves.

But they'd have to pass on these QBs and hope that they can land one in FA next year. Rookie QB contracts are too good to pass up, imo, but maybe the Giants have their own plan.
I think they have a shot at Metcalf at 17. Have to think to take a WR that high he better have gone for more than 1228 yards and 12 TDs in 2 seasons (or 14 in 3).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taking a WR at 6 is a HUGE risk especially after trading a top 3 WR. That is something that would actually get a GM fired if Metcalf is a bust. I just think it is pointless to get a WR that high when you have bigger needs: defense, OL and QB. Just makes no sense. They have playmakers on the offense even after losing OBJ.

I agree to good to pass up Rookie QB contracts rather than taking a veteran QB though. I honestly doubt Russell Wilson goes anywhere, he seems committed to Seattle and seems to love it but we will see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the OLineman depth isn't exactly strong overall in this draft lol. They should just beef up their defense if they don't go QB

If the depth isn't strong, wouldn't that be more of an argument to draft OL early? Or are you saying there's depth, just not any elite prospects?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a WR at 6 is a HUGE risk especially after trading a top 3 WR. That is something that would actually get a GM fired if Metcalf is a bust. I just think it is pointless to get a WR that high when you have bigger needs: defense, OL and QB. Just makes no sense. They have playmakers on the offense even after losing OBJ.

I agree to good to pass up Rookie QB contracts rather than taking a veteran QB though. I honestly doubt Russell Wilson goes anywhere, he seems committed to Seattle and seems to love it but we will see.
Yeah, maybe they don't pick Metcalf but dont be shocked if he goes top 10. Montez Sweat might fall a bit and if these QBs aren't seen as potential starters then this draft gets really weak, really quickly. The value between pick 6 and pick 20 might be really flat.

I also think Seattle ponies up the cash for Wilson who will get the biggest contract in football. But the Giants do seem to be leaning into a long-term FA strategy if they pass on QB again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can manage a trade for Rosen, they made the right move IMO.
Maybe, but for me comes down to which QB is better. IF Darnold is clearly better I'd rather have Darnold and the pick they trade for Rosen (assuming 6 or 17...likely 17) than Barkley and Rosen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can manage a trade for Rosen, they made the right move IMO.
This would be the ideal spot for Rosen, too. No pressure to play right away, one of the top RBs in the league moving forward, a couple of decent weapons in the passing game, 3 investments in the Oline + whatever they spend in this draft.

Definitely a better situation than Arizona last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but for me comes down to which QB is better. IF Darnold is clearly better I'd rather have Darnold and the pick they trade for Rosen (assuming 6 or 17...likely 17) than Barkley and Rosen.

Are we sure the Cards will get a first for Rosen? The idea that they're dumping him after one year doesn't exactly prop up his trade value. I guess it depends on the competition for him (and teams like Washington, Miami, Denver, Cinci, etc could get involved).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure the Cards will get a first for Rosen? The idea that they're dumping him after one year doesn't exactly prop up his trade value. I guess it depends on the competition for him (and teams like Washington, Miami, Denver, Cinci, etc could get involved).
Fair point, but I'd still rather have Darnold and the 2nd than Rosen and Barkley IF Darnold is clearly the better QB.

But if Rosen is close it's a win.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kurt Warner mentioned on some sort of show that he thinks Rosen has a 3rd round value. I personally think he has a 2nd round value but I wouldn't be shocked if the Cards only got a 3rd. Cardinals have very little leverage in this situation and other teams know that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kurt Warner mentioned on some sort of show that he thinks Rosen has a 3rd round value. I personally think he has a 2nd round value but I wouldn't be shocked if the Cards only got a 3rd. Cardinals have very little leverage in this situation and other teams know that.

I was thinking 2nd as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the depth isn't strong, wouldn't that be more of an argument to draft OL early? Or are you saying there's depth, just not any elite prospects?

Not in the top 5. I mean I guess they could go Jawaan Taylor, I don't know much about him but he is projected top 10...unless they trade back, again don't see the point if they don't have elite OL they really like. The reason why I said the middle rounds they could go after this need and still get an elite DL with that first pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't give up a 1st for Rosen. I don't think he is worth that and I don't think most teams think he is. 2nd at best I would say, but I really have no clue.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the top 5. I mean I guess they could go Jawaan Taylor, I don't know much about him but he is projected top 10...unless they trade back, again don't see the point if they don't have elite OL they really like. The reason why I said the middle rounds they could go after this need and still get an elite DL with that first pick.
I guess that begs the question - who are your top 6 guys in the draft?

FWIW, I actually think the two Devins at LB might be better prospects than a lot of these dlinemen

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that begs the question - who are your top 6 guys in the draft?

FWIW, I actually think the two Devins at LB might be better prospects than a lot of these dlinemen

Top 6 or predicted top 6?