• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank Ive seen a few mocks with buffalo qb sneaking into round 1-2

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zona improved their OL a bit, not sure. If not, not sure anyone can succeed with that OL. I expect them to go OL in the draft too
COLTS PROVED that a ol is only one draft away . I want be shocked if we don't go looking again due to the lt being fa after this season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been debating the idea that the Giants will draft OL under the idea that they'll try to make a play for Russell Wilson or tank for a QB a different year.

This OT class hasn't really generated a lot of buzz, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COLTS PROVED that a ol is only one draft away . I want be shocked if we don't go looking again due to the lt being fa after this season.

Yeah but it helps going OL with that first pick and hitting a gem like the Colts. Looks like the Cards aren't going OL with that first pick and considering for the most part this draft isn't OL friendly at the top. The thing is you can get OL at any point in the draft and they could be very good, they still have a lot of work to do. If the Colts get one more stud we could be talking about them having a very young, talented OL and one of the best in the NFL for years and years to come

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been debating the idea that the Giants will draft OL under the idea that they'll try to make a play for Russell Wilson or tank for a QB a different year.

This OT class hasn't really generated a lot of buzz, though.

Yeah the OLineman depth isn't exactly strong overall in this draft lol. They should just beef up their defense if they don't go QB

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just beef up their defense if they don't go QB
I'd say thats a good way for their GM to get fired but I think Giants fans might see that as a win/win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say thats a good way for their GM to get fired but I think Giants fans might see that as a win/win.

It's safer than reaching for a QB that could be bust or grabbing an OLineman early that might not work out. Defense especially DLineman is loaded in this draft, if there is the draft to go defense this is the one. Tbh, the Giants still have some very good weapons.

The main needs for the Giants future:
1. QB
2. OL
3. Defense

To me, you can still go OL in the middle rounds and late, more likely than get a top notch defender or QB in those rounds.

For Giants fans just improving the young talent around Barkley is a win, eventually finding a QB to roll with Barkley should be their #1 need, even if it is next year. This year could be rough for them

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's safer than reaching for a QB that could be bust or grabbing an OLineman early that might not work out. Defense especially DLineman is loaded in this draft, if there is the draft to go defense this is the one. Tbh, the Giants still have some very good weapons.

The main needs for the Giants future:
1. QB
2. OL
3. Defense

To me, you can still go OL in the middle rounds and late, more likely than get a top notch defender or QB in those rounds.

For Giants fans just improving the young talent around Barkley is a win, eventually finding a QB to roll with Barkley should be their #1 need, even if it is next year. This year could be rough for them
When you're saying 'draft defense' then you're probably talking about Christian Wilkins, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or Devin White.

That is pretty much punting on 2019, imo. Like the Broncos did last year with Chubb or the Browns with Myles Garrett. It can work out but its going to get some people fired

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it helps going OL with that first pick and hitting a gem like the Colts. Looks like the Cards aren't going OL with that first pick and considering for the most part this draft isn't OL friendly at the top. The thing is you can get OL at any point in the draft and they could be very good, they still have a lot of work to do. If the Colts get one more stud we could be talking about them having a very young, talented OL and one of the best in the NFL for years and years to come

nelson was great but smith drafted as a guard and became rt in 2nd round was awesome . only old person is at lt contazo they are very young other then him . they was a top 10 line most of last year . when they was 1-5 smith was moved into rt and they took off . colts are very young team .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're saying 'draft defense' then you're probably talking about Christian Wilkins, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or Devin White.

That is pretty much punting on 2019, imo. Like the Broncos did last year with Chubb or the Browns with Myles Garrett. It can work out but its going to get some people fired

So what makes the Giants compete this year? FA is over, if you don't compete, people are getting fired...that is generally how it works.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what makes the Giants compete this year? FA is over, if you don't compete, people are getting fired...that is generally how it works.
I don't follow the Giants too closely but them taking Barkley last year was a fairly weird move. I'm not sure if that team is coming or going.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's nothing in this draft class that would instantly put NYG over the hump next year. Unless they pull off a trade for Russell Wilson, or Eli suddenly turns the clock back a decade or so, they're in for a tough year.

If trading OBJ without bringing back an elite, impact player in return doesn't scream "rebuild", I don't know what does.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If trading OBJ without bringing back an elite, impact player in return doesn't scream "rebuild", I don't know what does.
Yeah, but that doesn't help your average person figure out which positions they are targeting. Rebuilding around their oline makes the most sense to me but if they like one of the QBs then they go that way and if they want BPA then its probably pass rusher. Maybe they take DK Metcalf at 6.

I'm willing to believe the Giants could go any direction.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that doesn't help your average person figure out which positions they are targeting. Rebuilding around their oline makes the most sense to me but if they like one of the QBs then they go that way and if they want BPA then its probably pass rusher. Maybe they take DK Metcalf at 6.

I'm willing to believe the Giants could go any direction.
I don't disagree, they need help everywhere. Metcalf would be hilarious, but they do need a WR I suppose.

Outside of 2016, their defense has been putrid for the last 5 years, and they just lost arguably their top 2 defensive players. None of these QBs look like instant impact guys, but a ton of these defenders look that way, and their defense desperately needs it. Plus, they have 12 picks, so they could still easily move up later on in the draft. I think it's insane to think any of these WRs are worth a top 6 pick, but they could find a couple of really great options at the end of the first/beginning of the 2nd.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, they need help everywhere. Metcalf would be hilarious, but they do need a WR I suppose.

Outside of 2016, their defense has been putrid for the last 5 years, and they just lost arguably their top 2 defensive players. None of these QBs look like instant impact guys, but a ton of these defenders look that way, and their defense desperately needs it. Plus, they have 12 picks, so they could still easily move up later on in the draft. I think it's insane to think any of these WRs are worth a top 6 pick, but they could find a couple of really great options at the end of the first/beginning of the 2nd.
If they don't go QB, then they can pretty much just go BPA for the whole draft outside of RB. I guess thats a luxury.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't go QB, then they can pretty much just go BPA for the whole draft outside of RB. I guess thats a luxury.
Might not be the worst thing for the, honestly. Pretty much outside of RB, LT and both OG, they need a lot of help.