• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot the Rams signed Weddle. Their pick might be something like Trayvon Mullin CB or some other CB instead.

Its hard to mock QBs, too. I'm trying not to factor in my Mizzou bias but I don't think Lock makes it to 10. The general trend is that teams have to trade up for QBs. I just have Nick Bosa and Q Will as a tier of talent that creates a gap between the top 2 QBs and Lock.

Weddle is getting up there though, and the Rams will need to have better depth as a result. Just probably not with their 1st rounder. They could very well trade down for multiple day 2 picks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weddle is getting up there though, and the Rams will need to have better depth as a result. Just probably not with their 1st rounder. They could very well trade down for multiple day 2 picks.
For that price that is a huge win for the Rams.
I would have loved to get Weddle & that contract for the Cowboys!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on the coaching as well.
As far as all the trades & offseason moves. They are serial rapists! They are ahead of the game there. Now can they convert that into results.
Well, let's slow that down a bit. AB is going to have to get used to taking a step back in terms of QB and OL, which will stunt his production. And again, he's 31. Time is definitely not on his side.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's slow that down a bit. AB is going to have to get used to taking a step back in terms of QB and OL, which will stunt his production. And again, he's 31. Time is definitely not on his side.
Sure. but he cost a 3rd & 5th & the Raiders have a shit ton of draft picks. Really no down side to the raiders there.
Steelers got raped on that one. Steelers had to do it, but the Raiders scored.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note as far as the Raiders. His Dead money if he left this year would be 27.4 mil.
next year would be only 5 mil.
I kinda expect the Raiders to get a new QB (rookie to sit this year) one way or the other by next year.
They have ways to free up more cap by next year if they use it up this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams could have teams trying to trade up for a QB, OL, or WR, too. Trading down could totally happen.

I thought about just being lazy and picking an SEC player with high upside because of Snead but imo thats not where the value is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eyeballing things after the first couple of days of free agency here my is way too early mock:

1. AZ Cardinals - Kyler Murray QB
2. NY Giants (via SF) - Dwayne Haskins QB
3. NY Jets - Quinnen Williams DT
4. LV Raiders - Nick Bosa Edge
5. Denver Broncos (via TB) - Drew Lock QB
6. SF Niners (via NYG) - Josh Allen Edge
7. Jax Jaguars - Jawaan Taylor OL
8. Detroit Lions - Montez Sweat Edge
9. Buffalo Bills - TJ Hockensen TE
10. TB Bucs (via DEN) - Jonah Williams OL
11. Cinci Bengals - Devin White LB
12. GB Packers - Clelin Ferrill Edge
13. Miami Dolphins - Cody Ford OL
14. Atl Falcons - Ed Oliver DT
15. Wash Redskins - D.K. Metcalf WR
16. Carolina Panthers - Rashan Gary Edge
17. SF Niners (via NYG) - AJ Brown WR
18. Min Vikings - Andre Dillard OL
19. Ten Titans - Hollywood Brown WR
20. Pit Steelers - Devin Bush LB
21. Sea Seahawks - Greedy Williams CB
22. Baltimore Ravens - Brian Burns Edge
23. Houston Texans - Greg Little OT
24. LV Raiders - Josh Jacobs RB
25. Phil Eagles - Christian Wilkins DL
26. Indy Colts - Deandre Baker CB
27. LV Raiders - Byron Murphy CB
28. LA Chargers - Jerry Tillery DL
29. KC Chiefs - Jachai Polite Edge
30. GB Packers - Noah Fant TE
31. LA Rams - Nasir Adderley S
32. NE Patriots - Andy Isabella WR

I don't see why people think Jonah Williams is a first-round talent, much less top 10. Dude has disappointment written all over him IMO.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the 49ers drafting a WR in the first round and unless the NY Giants are laying a big smokescreen they are saying they are not interested in drafting Haskins

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyeballing things after the first couple of days of free agency here my is way too early mock:

Rosen would get traded to a team like the Dolphins or maybe the Redskins. Either a 2nd or 3rd round value at the moment which is a bit low but Murray does look like the #1 overall. Giants appear to be rebuilding so they trade up for a QB. Broncos need to trade up to chase off the other teams needing a QB. Daniel Jones has fallen to the next tier of QBs imo.

Hopefully the real Raiders draft isnt this good.

Predicting Seattle drafts is usually impossible. Greedy is way too conventional of a pick to ever happen but Im doing it anyways.

Polite in the first round is a bit of a stretch at this point but Chiefs need edge talent pretty badly. His combine was bad but it wasn't R Kelly bad.

Andy Isabella is mostly there as a joke but could also totally happen.

I think I got the draft order right but...its all fake anyways

I always appreciate the time people take to do these things but...if SF does that deal, I hope they don't go receiver with one of those picks. Allen and say....B. Burns or Greedy...and I can 'accept' missing out on Bosa….

I think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always appreciate the time people take to do these things but...if SF does that deal, I hope they don't go receiver with one of those picks. Allen and say....B. Burns or Greedy...and I can 'accept' missing out on Bosa….

I think.
Is that a personal thing against drafting WRs in rd1? Niners WR corp is fairly bad as far as I can tell.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why people think Jonah Williams is a first-round talent, much less top 10. Dude has disappointment written all over him IMO.
People will believe anything they hear on ESPN. If they wanted to, they could get fans to think Paris Campbell should be a top 5 pick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a personal thing against drafting WRs in rd1? Niners WR corp is fairly bad as far as I can tell.

It's not a personal thing....it's just that I believe with Jimmy G. at QB (whom I do believe has serious talent) and Shanahan calling plays/devising offensive game plans, we can be set on offense as far as the skill positions are concerned. I want the team to basically go all out in the draft on the defensive side - save a guard or something in the mid/later rounds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a better prospect than Mike McGlinchey and Kolton Miller imo and both went top 15 last year.

I do think some of the stronger 4-3 NFL DEs might give Johan Williams some issues in pass blocking.

Last edited:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is a better prospect than Mike McGlinchey and Kolton Miller imo and both went top 15 last year.

Let's just strongly agree to disagree about that one.

...Although I don't think McGlinchey or Miller are all that great.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think some of the stronger 4-3 NFL DEs might give Johan Williams some issues in pass blocking.
I think that's the biggest issue he's going to face, pass pro. And in this league today, that's something that can end an OT's career real fast.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you find a ranking that doesn't have him at least as a possibility for the 1st round? The guys typically ranked higher than him are much more raw. Guess it depends on how much you trust your O-line coach to develop guys further.

OT has become one of the tougher positions at which to get immediate help from the draft, as these up-tempo offenses have changed how these kids are taught. If you're not using a similar system in the NFL, they have a lot left to learn.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rosen would get traded to a team like the Dolphins or maybe the Redskins. Either a 2nd or 3rd round value at the moment which is a bit low but Murray does look like the #1 overall. Giants appear to be rebuilding so they trade up for a QB. Broncos need to trade up to chase off the other teams needing a QB. Daniel Jones has fallen to the next tier of QBs imo.

Hopefully the real Raiders draft isnt this good.

Predicting Seattle drafts is usually impossible. Greedy is way too conventional of a pick to ever happen but Im doing it anyways.

Polite in the first round is a bit of a stretch at this point but Chiefs need edge talent pretty badly. His combine was bad but it wasn't R Kelly bad.

Andy Isabella is mostly there as a joke but could also totally happen.

I think I got the draft order right but...its all fake anyways

With the recent comments by the Giants it doesn't seem like they are quitting on Eli. I was pretty sure they would take Haskins and now I am having my doubts and they wait until 2020. I mean look what they said about not trading OBJ. I'm not sure what their plan is and it seems to me they aren't a big fan of Haskins.

They could really beef up their defense if they went defense for 5 and 17 getting some pass rushers. It would be hard to believe they would trade up and give away their pick from the Browns for a guy they can probably get at their draft spot. I still wouldn't be surprised if they took Haskins but I would be VERY surprised if they traded up to get him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the recent comments by the Giants it doesn't seem like they are quitting on Eli. I was pretty sure they would take Haskins and now I am having my doubts and they wait until 2020. I mean look what they said about not trading OBJ. I'm not sure what their plan is and it seems to me they aren't a big fan of Haskins.

They could really beef up their defense if they went defense for 5 and 17 getting some pass rushers. It would be hard to believe they would trade up and give away their pick from the Browns for a guy they can probably get at their draft spot. I still wouldn't be surprised if they took Haskins but I would be VERY surprised if they traded up to get him.
I don't think anything they say matters (like most teams).

It happens (like AB), but seems like when most teams are asked about moving a player they say they aren't.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The idea that Haskins will be there at 6 defies recent trends. Teams trade up for QBs. If Murray doesn't go #1 then maybe Haskins drops a little bit but he should go top 4 imo.

There is a possibility that they stay put and take Lock at 6. Or that maybe Lock jumps Haskins which would surprise me but it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever.

I just see Denver, Washington, Miami and maybe Cinci all needing QBs. Rosen/Murray takes one of them off the board. Lock takes one of them off the board. That still leaves 1-2 teams other than the Giants.

If they actually like a QB then they should trade up. If they don't then....well...the GM is going to get fired if he doesn't make the playoffs next year.