• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Williams but even more of a freak athletic freak. I still think it is a hit or miss on him, no between. He will either be like a Julio Jones type of guy where he just figures it out in the NFL or he is a huge bust like Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Justin Blackmon, etc.
wait, julio ran routes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Williams but even more of a freak athletic freak. I still think it is a hit or miss on him, no between. He will either be like a Julio Jones type of guy where he just figures it out in the NFL or he is a huge bust like Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Justin Blackmon, etc.

Blackmon was a bit of a different story though. Off the field issues forced him out of the league, not performance.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is the best argument for Metcalf:

I actually like his fit in Jacksonville with Nick Foles. Veteran QB that will take shots downfield but can also manage a game and a guy like Metcalf can clear some people out. Jacksonville currently has Conley and Lee and both can move the chains but neither guy is going to put the fear into a defense. Westbrook has that potential but I've yet to see it.

The drops and durability are both red flags, though. There is a chance he could totally bust like a Kevin White.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually like his fit in Jacksonville with Nick Foles. Veteran QB that will take shots downfield but can also manage a game and a guy like Metcalf can clear some people out. Jacksonville currently has Conley and Lee and both can move the chains but neither guy is going to put the fear into a defense. Westbrook has that potential but I've yet to see it.

The drops and durability are both red flags, though. There is a chance he could totally bust like a Kevin White.

The Jags need a big play WR so I honestly think why not take the risk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great video. Love all the points this guy makes.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags need a big play WR so I honestly think why not take the risk
I think its a good fit.

I think if Metcalf ends up somewhere with a potentially shaky QB situation like Miami, Buffalo or Washington then he is going to totally bust. Metcalf definitely has issues but the top players at almost every position have unique issues that you don't normally see. The top QB prospect is a lithe baseball player. The top LB is a converted running back. The top DE is a white guy coming off an injury. Its a riskier draft than normal at the top.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a good fit.

I think if Metcalf ends up somewhere with a potentially shaky QB situation like Miami, Buffalo or Washington then he is going to totally bust. Metcalf definitely has issues but the top players at almost every position have unique issues that you don't normally see. The top QB prospect is a lithe baseball player. The top LB is a converted running back. The top DE is a white guy coming off an injury. Its a riskier draft than normal at the top.

Yeah that would be the worst place for Metcalf, a team without a QB like he had at Ole Miss. He also needs an OC that is going to use him for a skillset, like he said in the video, if he is misused he could be a huge bust. Yeah the top of this class definitely isn't the best and a lot of issues with players, some more serious than others. Should be interesting to see how this draft class works out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't mind him. We, the jags, don't have much needs other than WR and QB in the Offseason

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say highest but we still need a WR
To me personally far and away Nkeal harry should be the #1 guy. THen AJ brown.

I think metcalf runs 1 route. and is a physical freak
Marquise brown runs fast, hes desean jackson(not saying thats a bad thing) but hes not your #1
just my opinon

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me personally far and away Nkeal harry should be the #1 guy. THen AJ brown.

I think metcalf runs 1 route. and is a physical freak
Marquise brown runs fast, hes desean jackson(not saying thats a bad thing) but hes not your #1
just my opinon
I'd actually take Hakeem Butler over anyone but Brown. I think he's going to be a beast for many years.

1. Brown
2. Butler
3. Brown
4. Harry
5. Campbell

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually take Hakeem Butler over anyone but Brown. I think he's going to be a beast for many years.

1. Brown
2. Butler
3. Brown
4. Harry
5. Campbell

6'5" 230 and he runs a 4.48. I don't know much about him as far as route running, etc. I also didn't see him play much so I can't give my opinion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'5" 230 and he runs a 4.48. I don't know much about him as far as route running, etc. I also didn't see him play much so I can't give my opinion.
He has some really impressive abilities in terms of translating to the pros. Not only does his size create some impressive mismatches, but he is all of 230 when it comes to breaking tackles. He has to work on drops, which can be worked on, but that's by far his biggest red flag. He's elite in this class of WRs in height, weight, wingspan, arm length and hand size, and he's got the right mindset to dominate. While I think AJ Brown is the safest bet in the class, Butler has the highest ceiling IMO.