• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 NFL Tamper Period Rumor Thread

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, thanks. I'm not too familiar with their spending history. Maybe I should say defensive back? McCourty got big money. I'd have to check, but didn't Harrison get decent money for his time?
Harrison got a 6 year deal, I'm having trouble finding the money. I wouldn't be surprised if they did give him a lot since they were going nowhere with Milloy's contract negotiations at the time, ultimately leading to his release.

Yeah this is the first time I remember them going this big on a corner, which I'm happy about. There was a period of time from Samuel leaving and the Talib trade where the Pats secondary was brutal.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison got a 6 year deal, I'm having trouble finding the money. I wouldn't be surprised if they did give him a lot since they were going nowhere with Milloy's contract negotiations at the time, ultimately leading to his release.

Yeah this is the first time I remember them going this big on a corner, which I'm happy about. There was a period of time from Samuel leaving and the Talib trade where the Pats secondary was brutal.

Maybe I should just say, I know Bellichik values his defensive backs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe on a team friendly deal to stay in Dallas, maybe. Not in the open market. Martin is a 2x 1st team All-Pro, and 2nd team ALL-Pro. Zeitler is neither of those things.
Zeitler is pretty damn good. I definitely think he'll beat Zeitler by proportion and AAV once he hits the market but I wouldn't undersell Zeitler for a second.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeitler is pretty damn good. I definitely think he'll beat Zeitler by proportion and AAV once he hits the market but I wouldn't undersell Zeitler for a second.

I'm not underselling Zeitler at all. I know he is a fine player, and in this market is deserving of what he will get.

Zack Martin is going to set the market for interior lineman, though. Just imagine if he racks up a 3rd 1st team All-Pro in only his 4th season? Martin's contract is going to be massive, and seeing what Zeitler is likely to get, I am concerned for the Cowboys future cap health with all the money that will be invested in the Oline. That's all I am saying. Dallas may actually be better off extending him before this season. And if the trend with Dallas continues (see Smith and Frederick contract extensions) it's likely to happen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not underselling Zeitler at all. I know he is a fine player, and in this market is deserving of what he got.

Zack Martin is going to set the market for interior lineman, though. Just imagine if he racks up a 3rd 1st team All-Pro in only his 4th season? Martin's contract is going to massive, and seeing what Zeitler is likely to get, I am concerned for the Cowboys future cap health with all the money that will be invested in the Oline. That's all I am saying.
Gotcha. Yeah, I am not a fan of going gung-ho for these guards. Feels like a loselose unless they're on their rookie contract sometimes. Makes me feel slightly better about giving Tardiff 8M AAV in hopes to dodge the big leap, but not by much.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one has me scratching my head...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one besides Britt wants to be in Cleveland. Well at least till the first waive of free agency is over.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Yeah, I am not a fan of going gung-ho for these guards. Feels like a loselose unless they're on their rookie contract sometimes. Makes me feel slightly better about giving Tardiff 8M AAV in hopes to dodge the big leap, but not by much.

I think Martin is worth whatever he gets, he is that much of a difference maker. Pairing him with Travis Frederick literally created a dynamic duo on the inside for the Dallas Oline, and I don't want to see that go away. For my money, Martin is the best pulling G in football, his athleticism for his position is excellent, and he wrecks defenses on the second level. That said, it's going to be tough to pay Martin, Smith, Frederick (and possibly Collins) while still keeping other areas of the roster viable. Drafting well will be crucial.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want CB Logan Ryan. Also hearing we are in the mix to take TE Jared Cook from Packers.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports other teams believe the Bears have offered free agent WR Alshon Jeffery $13 million per year.