• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas season officially cancelled

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Texas season officially cancelled"

And not a care was had nor a tear shed

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would make sense if we weren't on page 7 already

Actually it would, Since Texas fans have seemingly been on the rag lately, this explains a page 7 of anything to do with Texas. :2cents:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it would, Since Texas fans have seemingly been on the rag lately, this explains a page 7 of anything to do with Texas. :2cents:

hahaha, do you realize you just owned yourself? Don't be that guy, playing into the bama stereotype.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Frogs, forgot about them. And in all honesty, we should be favored over Baylor, just b/c Baylor is downright awful on the road and they come to the 40 Acres this year.....

Oh god, I can not WAIT for this game...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god, I can not WAIT for this game...

Yes. Same way I feel about the RRSO. This dumb ass already has one avalanche of shit headed his way. Would love to see him get another.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a troll question because I've asked the same thing around my Horns friends. How the hell does Texas get so high on its defense when all it did was shut down North Texas?!?! That's pitiful. UT's 3rd team could beat North Texas on a regular basis. Why the sudden love for the D? Just because Strong has a history of good D's at other schools? I just don't get it. UT has played nobody yet. Of course they looked like they were tackling better.

Not pimping North Texas. North Texas is a bowl team from last year, who is picked to win their conference this year. But, we were supposed to beat them handily and nobody is saying the win itself was a great win. Just saying the defense looked waaaayyyy better. We watched our D last few years give up a lot of yards to shitty teams. Many games they would have a bend but not break type mentality against them. There was not even a bend last week.

94 yards of total offense? We had 4 interceptions to their 3 total completions. Who does that? Who has more interceptions than completions. And most important - we had 0 missed tackles for the entire game. We haven't had a game like that in years.

All I'm saying is our Defense will be stout this year. We will lose games and our O-line is a fucking train wreck right now. We have no idea what we have in our QB. But our D will be not good - but very good.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pimping North Texas. North Texas is a bowl team from last year, who is picked to win their conference this year. But, we were supposed to beat them handily and nobody is saying the win itself was a great win. Just saying the defense looked waaaayyyy better. We watched our D last few years give up a lot of yards to shitty teams. Many games they would have a bend but not break type mentality against them. There was not even a bend last week.

94 yards of total offense? We had 4 interceptions to their 3 total completions. Who does that? Who has more interceptions than completions. And most important - we had 0 missed tackles for the entire game. We haven't had a game like that in years.

All I'm saying is our Defense will be stout this year. We will lose games and our O-line is a fucking train wreck right now. We have no idea what we have in our QB. But our D will be not good - but very good.

Gotcha. Those are valid points. I felt the same way about our first team D against La Tech last weekend. It's not so much that they outplayed them as it is how they played them.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that face obstacles sometimes draw together and do better. I'm reminded of the bowl game between OU and Arkansas. Arkansas suspended something like 16 players before the game and romped the Sooners, it was totally unexpected.
Strong is building a better team and I'm not worried.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that face obstacles sometimes draw together and do better. I'm reminded of the bowl game between OU and Arkansas. Arkansas suspended something like 16 players before the game and romped the Sooners, it was totally unexpected.

Fuck Lou Holtz
Fuck Roland Sales

Just win the game and it's another NC.
But No.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Showing your age there chief and for the record it was three players, not sixteen. :rollseyes:

1978 Orange Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, I see what you're getting at. UT did show a lack of desire at times last year (except the RRSO) and it certainly was a different D last week in that regards. You guys might win some 17-14 games this year the way it's looking.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit: I am now worried about BYU; I am worried about UCLA; I am worried about OU; and about 4 other games on the schedule. But I still think Charlie is doing the right thing.

But you don't lose 13 guys before game 2 - and not lose a beat.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showing your age there chief and for the record it was three players, not sixteen. :rollseyes:

1978 Orange Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no problem with my age. I started attending UT in '76. I really thought it was a lot more than 3, but after reading the link I remember getting completely drunk the previous night. When I woke up, I turned the UT-ND game one and saw the score. It was in the 3rd quarter, I turned it off and I went back to sleep. Then my dad showed up unexpected and got me drinking champagne from his partying the night before. It was a great headache cure and doesn't work anymore :bawling:

I'm not worried about anything. "Fear is the great mind killer."

Last edited by a moderator:

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never cared for Mack. In the long run, Strong is going to help the Horns get back to their glory.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit: I am now worried about BYU; I am worried about UCLA; I am worried about OU; and about 4 other games on the schedule. But I still think Charlie is doing the right thing.

But you don't lose 13 guys before game 2 - and not lose a beat.

The biggest issue is Texas lost 4 starters in a matter of days. QB is huge. Experienced center responsible of the line calls, think pass protection. 2 tackles. In time this can be overcome, but it is a huge task to overcome in a matter of days. If Texas has a mediocre offense on Saturday, I will scream to the top of my lungs about the job Watson and Wickline did. Let's not forget this was not expected to be quite Oregon on offense before the injuries