• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas season officially cancelled

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a troll question because I've asked the same thing around my Horns friends. How the hell does Texas get so high on its defense when all it did was shut down North Texas?!?! That's pitiful. UT's 3rd team could beat North Texas on a regular basis. Why the sudden love for the D? Just because Strong has a history of good D's at other schools? I just don't get it. UT has played nobody yet. Of course they looked like they were tackling better.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a troll question because I've asked the same thing around my Horns friends. How the hell does Texas get so high on its defense when all it did was shut down North Texas?!?! That's pitiful. UT's 3rd team could beat North Texas on a regular basis. Why the sudden love for the D? Just because Strong has a history of good D's at other schools? I just don't get it. UT has played nobody yet. Of course they looked like they were tackling better.

Probably b/c the defense has been so bad the last two years, it was good to finally see a defense that played with heart, didn't miss easy open field tackles and flat out dominate. If this defense played UNT last year, UNT probably rolls over 400 yds of offense and scores 28 pts. If this defense is going to be a damn good defense, then it needed to destroy and dominate UNT the way it did (94 yards of total offense). Kinda like how some of your Sooner bretheren (not you Goldbug) have suggested OU has a dominate running game after playing their scrub last Saturday.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denzel... I mean Gene ... I mean Charlie has really drawn a line in the sand here (understatement of the year).

Think that makes 12 players now - before game 2. Big picture fellas, big picture. That's all we got for this year.

mean-gene.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Norht TExas was a bowl team and brought back all 5 OL starters. It is an above average OL for a mid-major. Giving up less than 100 yards is an accomplishment vs any team. Means that you played basically an entire game and did not have 1 missed assignment. The defense is clearly improved and everyone knew the front 7 was going to be salty. There were some questions in the secondary. While the game confirmed that the defense is better, it also the confirmed the offense needs work.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Norht TExas was a bowl team and brought back all 5 OL starters. It is an above average OL for a mid-major. Giving up less than 100 yards is an accomplishment vs any team. Means that you played basically an entire game and did not have 1 missed assignment. The defense is clearly improved and everyone knew the front 7 was going to be salty. There were some questions in the secondary. While the game confirmed that the defense is better, it also the confirmed the offense needs work.

Are you seriously pimping North Texas? It never ceases to amaze me how Texas fans will absolutely rake other teams over the coals about their schedules but will defend theirs to the death.

North Texas and BYU please put those on Auburn's schedule please!!!!!!!!!

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well win or lose, the defense better not give up 500 yards to BYU.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there are a ton of key injuries they'll still make a bowl. You act like there's no talent or coaching on the team whatsoever.

Mamba hates Texas for some reason or another.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously pimping North Texas? It never ceases to amaze me how Texas fans will absolutely rake other teams over the coals about their schedules but will defend theirs to the death.

North Texas and BYU please put those on Auburn's schedule please!!!!!!!!!

UNT = Arkansas. IJS.......Plus, AU was rolled by a mid major two years ago at home (ULM) and needed a miracle from god to win that game. I wouldn't dog mid majors if I was an AU fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there are a ton of key injuries they'll still make a bowl. You act like there's no talent or coaching on the team whatsoever.

Talent? Not much. No players drafted and derp McCoy is the best tu could put forth?

I mean by default they should have a few good players.

Strong should change it eventually. Couple years maybe they are back bowling.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

I'm confused by your statement here and the title of the thread. :scratch:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent? Not much. No players drafted and derp McCoy is the best tu could put forth?

I mean by default they should have a few good players.

Strong should change it eventually. Couple years maybe they are back bowling.

Fuck's sake, only Aggy uses tu. Don't stoop to their level. You're better than that. This talent won 8 games last year with the worst QB in NCAA history and Texas history. Our shitty D held your "high scoring" offense to their 2nd lowest scoring game of the season and 1 offensive TD; and even with an inept coaching staff, that talent still almost won the Big 12 last year and kicked the ever living shit out of OU. C'mon Mamba, your hatred is blinding you....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think they win 6 games?

And you are right. tu was disrespectful, sorry for that. Not my place.