• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas recruiting is not going well under Charlie Strong.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually our best win was against Ole Miss last year the team that beat you. A&M was close to winning against Auburn, Alabama, Missouri last year if we had a defense we would have won.Finishing 7th out 14 teams in SEC is a good accomplishment.

Wow. :L

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually our best win was against Ole Miss last year the team that beat you. A&M was close to winning against Auburn, Alabama, Missouri last year if we had a defense we would have won.Finishing 7th out 14 teams in SEC is a good accomplishment.

Did you get a Participation Trophy???

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit. This guy just made me rep a Texas fan. :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are players, but you need to understand the abysmal development that went on. Texas is only a few years removed from a full-time S&C coach dedicated to football. Yes, all that money and Texas had Mad Dog running several programs within the University. This years seniors on defense have had Muschamp, Diaz, Robinson, and now Bedford as a DC over the 5 years. On offense OC has been Davis, Harsin, Applewhite, and now Wickline. If you wonder why the stars have not developed just look at the last few sentences. It was a perfect recipe to waste talent. I am looking forward to a stabile program that coordinates recruiting and development to a scheme.

Since you guise still want to talk about A&M, the last two years we had players that went across multiple OC's and HC's. The talent was still developed rather well, I'd say.

Must be something else going on.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you guise still want to talk about A&M, the last two years we had players that went across multiple OC's and HC's. The talent was still developed rather well, I'd say.

Must be something else going on.

There was no mention of A&M in my post. Oddly A&M has seen a few DCs recently. How is the defense playing?
Offensively, you are fine Sumlin runs his system. That lessens the effect. Mack didn't have one, so there was no calming influence

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love these Charlie Strong threads. Guy hasn't coached a single game yet and he is failing at Texas due to failure as a recruiter before a single recruit has an inked a commitment yet to any school for 2015. How about we let this season play out first? I truly believe some people will be surprised. I don't know if we win anymore games this year, but I bet we don't lose by 3 td's 5 times either. Especially in a conference that really didn't have a banner year in 2013.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love these Charlie Strong threads. Guy hasn't coached a single game yet and he is failing at Texas due to failure as a recruiter before a single recruit has an inked a commitment yet to any school for 2015. How about we let this season play out first? I truly believe some people will be surprised. I don't know if we win anymore games this year, but I bet we don't lose by 3 td's 5 times either. Especially in a conference that really didn't have a banner year in 2013.

That's what most of us are saying I think. Anyone not saying that is just trying to rustle your jimmies :)

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and they put it on their football stadium.:laugh3:

big12champs.jpg

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L :burt: :facepalm3:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. This pretty much says it all. I just hope people understand that it's going to take a some time. I'm not sure 3-4 years is enough time. Yes, we should see some improvement, but we have a long way to go. We just don't have a lot of great players right now. More importantly, we don't have a lot of great players at key positions. It's going to take a few years of really good recruiting to just get them started in the system, then a few more for development. I know I think the program has slipped more than some of you guys. I hope I'm wrong, but in my opinion the program has fallen that far.

I disagree. Auburn just proved you can go 3-9 the previous year and then turn it around the next year with a new coach playing for the NC. Why can't Texas do that? Better resources and athletes than AU. No need for this to be a 3-4 year project. Stoops won it all in his second year and so did Tressel. I expect Strong to make major progress in his 1st year.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Auburn just proved you can go 3-9 the previous year and then turn it around the next year with a new coach playing for the NC. Why can't Texas do that? Better resources and athletes than AU. No need for this to be a 3-4 year project. Stoops won it all in his second year and so did Tressel. I expect Strong to make major progress in his 1st year.

Spot on. If CS can turn things around quickly he will be OK. But if he hasn't done it by the end of two years he will be on a hot seat from hell. 3 years without a huge turnaround and he will be dead meat on a stick. The Horns desperately want him to succeed but there is a significant percentage of them who won't countenance failure or even a slight improvement; it's either going to be a moon shot or a meltdown......nothing in between. Especially if OU wins another NC in the next couple of years.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am little skeptical. Most of those guys enjoyed really nice recruiting classes prior to them coming. I am not very bullish on a quick turn around. Texas is only bringing back 1starter on the Oline. That is a big deal. Very rare to see a team turn it around with an inexperienced oline.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was still stupid and the intent was there to leave it. Mack Daddy didn't like it, so it was gone.

nice spin, tho...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was still stupid and the intent was there to leave it. Mack Daddy didn't like it, so it was gone.

nice spin, tho...

I love when you dudes call facts "spin"......this is how I know you watch Fox News, LOL

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick point: Not one Nebraska fan has commented on the topic of this thread until now, and all I'm doing is reminding you of that. So think about that shit next time you all swarm like flies on shit in a Nebraska focused thread and try and talk about how we're obsessed.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when you dudes call facts "spin"......this is how I know you watch Fox News, LOL

I love it when dudes like you assume something, cuz we all know what that means...

as for Fox News, it is the biggest cesspool of so called journalists known to man.. but then, that is just my humble opinion...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am little skeptical. Most of those guys enjoyed really nice recruiting classes prior to them coming. I am not very bullish on a quick turn around. Texas is only bringing back 1starter on the Oline. That is a big deal. Very rare to see a team turn it around with an inexperienced oline.

Still Codaxx, AU went 3-9 and that team was absolutely terrible. Our last two teams that went 9-4 and 8-5 would have stomped a mud hole in that 3-9 team; that's how bad 2012 AU was. Our current talent, which is considered average to below average, is still better than that 3-9 AU team. I'm not predicting NC by any means, but no reason why this team shouldn't compete for a conference title or a quality bowl game.....