• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas recruiting is not going well under Charlie Strong.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach. Nothing to see here. Kids are skeptical, want to see him coach. Texas puts up a winning season or puts some kids in the NFL and recruits will flock to texas again.

Basically what Sumlin did in his 1st year and bringing back what Slocum started.....

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I love you like the brother I never wanted

I count you as my only homosexual friend and I'm not afraid to admit that.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is OU doing in the recruiting?

Since the Sooners seem overly interested in a 1st year coach's efforts.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair. Some good stuff is going on but nothing to write home about. Average for OU. OU usually signs its best recruits late.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what Sumlin did in his 1st year and bringing back what Slocum started.....

What any new coach at a school that usually is in the top 10 recruiting goes through. Gotta prove you aren't just a short timer or can't cut it on the big stage

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do it for Coda and Charlie's amusement the rest of you are just along for the ride.

I, sort of, I think, take offence with that statement.

Well, let me think about it a minute more...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried. And don't really care about what other teams are doing in recruiting. Maybe, because I got used to highly ranked recruiting classes, then in the last 5-6 years watching them do squat? I don't know.

But I got faith in Charlie.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

from what I understand, Strong has not exactly blown away the competition when it comes to recruiting, at this stage. Maybe like mack daddy, he will be Mr February....:noidea:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried. And don't really care about what other teams are doing in recruiting. Maybe, because I got used to highly ranked recruiting classes, then in the last 5-6 years watching them do squat? I don't know.

But I got faith in Charlie.

Hook 'em Horns!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I understand, Strong has not exactly blown away the competition when it comes to recruiting, at this stage. Maybe like mack daddy, he will be Mr February....:noidea:

Naw. Strong will be known as Coach January.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most recruits get 4*or5* because of what big name schools are recruiting them.
I would rather a coach identify talent that fits what he wants to do and go after that guy instead of not evaluating talent, put your faith in other people, and go after 4*/5* kids because its easier, which I think happens way more than people think.

Getting a good fit for your team and Great Coaching of 3* kids beats Poor Coaching and 5* kids most every time.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most recruits get 4*or5* because of what big name schools are recruiting them.
I would rather a coach identify talent that fits what he wants to do and go after that guy instead of not evaluating talent, put your faith in other people, and go after 4*/5* kids because its easier, which I think happens way more than people think.

Getting a good fit for your team and Great Coaching of 3* kids beats Poor Coaching and 5* kids most every time.
Don't tell the Texas guys that....some of them say you have to have 5*'s to compete.

Of course that completely explains their last 4 yr run. LOL

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell the Texas guys that....some of them say you have to have 5*'s to compete.

Of course that completely explains their last 4 yr run. LOL

Trolling, trolling, trolling.

Pisses you off that Case McCoy beat your team this past season, doesn't it?
Surprised the hell out of us Longhorns.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is more complicated. You need the talent to compete consistently for titles. You also need coaching to to consistently get production out of that talent. If coaching is equal, you will bet on the more talented team.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No...just commenting on a series of posts I had with some Texas guys about 3/4/5* players and how important they were. meh.

Surprised me too, except that Stoops was still drinking the BellDozer koolaid then. But the D did lay down that day.

Told the Texas guys on FN back then that anyone of those boys scared me. They weren't particularly talented, but they did know how to win...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more complicated. You need the talent to compete consistently for titles. You also need coaching to to consistently get production out of that talent. If coaching is equal, you will bet on the more talented team.

Yeah, I know that, but it seems like a lot of programs open up a magazine and see who everyone else is going for and go after those guys whether they really are a good fit or not, just so they can say they made a big splash recruiting.

And, that's why I said it this way......
""Getting a good fit for your team and Great Coaching of 3* kids beats Poor Coaching and 5* kids most every time.""

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sure the hell does.
It didn't look like we even practiced for that game or had any kind of game plan for it either. Top that off with Heupel not being able to adjust and it was my worst nightmare.
:doh: :doh: :doh: