• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels 8/5-8/7

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ninth. Only SEA in the ALW is ahead of TEX.

Beltre with team high 12E is the surprise this year ... last year for the season he had 8. Kinsler's defensive play is far better than last year ... as is Elvis'. OF play is improved defensively too ... with Hamilton's 7E gone. Gentry's last error was in 2011. He has only 2 errors in his career.

I think that tight hammy has something to do with Beltre's errors.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that tight hammy has something to do with Beltre's errors.

I think its affected his range for sure, but unless its an issue of planting and throwing I don't see how it affects his errors, how are most of his been commited? fielding or throwing?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has played in 15 games, and started 9, there this year, its not like he was out of place or out of his element, in fact he's been the guy getting shuffled around all year, Murphy has not

Beltre can probably play a much better CF on his worst than Murphy can play in RF on his best, so the justification just doesn't hold water

Perhaps. I was introducing the potential "players coach" reasoning.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. I was introducing the potential "players coach" reasoning.

There's being a player's coach and there's being stupid, that was just stupid on his part,

but I understand what you're saying, and that's probably it, but doesn't make it any less stupid

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Outside of one inning with a fluke triple, Jerome Williams did handle them and you can't dispute that. I never indicated once that it was Williams playing tonight, I'm well aware he pitched last night, as I am also well aware that Richards is pitching tonight. We have a very small sample as a team against Richards, and Rangers always seem to struggle against pitchers they aren't familiar with.

Maybe instead of trying to belittle me, you should work on your comprehension skills.

I say this game in particular is a trap game because it's Yu vs. an unknown commodity and people are already penciling in a win. Yu hasn't gotten very good run support since his hot start, and that's a fact you can't ignore.

Thanks bucky ... will take that feedback.

What you said was: "I don't think you can take anything for granted. Jerome Williams, who by all accounts is a horrible starting pitcher and someone we usually mash against, has handled us very well in 2 games".

Not sure how I was supposed to comprehend that you were talking about tonight's game even though you didn't mention tonight's LAA pitcher somewhere in your post. As far as a small sample size for Richards against TEX ... in three years 14.0IP/52ABs ... he has a 5.29ERA with a .327 .379 .538 .918 slash line.

He's got 73 career appearances, 164.2IP and 18 starts (6 in 2013). He couldn't break into the rotation because he's not as good a #5 as Jason Vargas ... and is only in the rotation now because Vargas is on the 15day DL.

He's a major league pitcher so he might be lights out tonight ... but when Vargas gets back ... he will be back in the bullpen maybe competing for Fieri's closer job ... since Fieri has had some trouble there lately. Again.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or do many of the people post on here seem to do so with a bit a chip on their shoulder?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or do many of the people post on here seem to do so with a bit a chip on their shoulder?

Just very opinionated people on here, some posts with numbers and some post with their gut, it happens

It often seems more heated than it actually is

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just very opinionated people on here, some posts with numbers and some post with their gut, it happens

It often seems more heated than it actually is

That's kind of what I thought. I'm just not a incredibly opinionated person on baseball, I just love the sport and enjoy watching it. It's somewhat easy to change my mind when it comes to topics I'm not an expert in. But sometimes, I will just degree with you to play devils advocate see what you really know.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of what I thought. I'm just not a incredibly opinionated person on baseball, I just love the sport and enjoy watching it. It's somewhat easy to change my mind when it comes to topics I'm not an expert in. But sometimes, I will just degree with you to play devils advocate see what you really know.

Fair enough:suds:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin has played in 15 games, and started 9, there this year, its not like he was out of place or out of his element, in fact he's been the guy getting shuffled around all year, Murphy has not

Beltre can probably play a much better CF on his worst than Murphy can play in RF on his best, so the justification just doesn't hold water

Probably is as Pegasus said ... with three lefty OFers Wash wanted to stick with Martin in CF than putting Beltre there ... that's how Murphy ended up in RF. Murphy in RF might never happen again though. Can't remember ever seeing that many TEX LH batters in one lineup as last night

This concern for rookies never existed when Wash started Borbon in CF and leadoff on opening day 2010 and for the following two weeks. It's all different now three years later but back then Wash crucified Borbon who was a lot younger than Beltre is now.

(Similarly Wash lambasted Salty after that opening day game in 2010 when Saltalamacchia reported he was injured despite getting the game winning walkoff ... and he never really ever came back. I guess this is something that will always annoy me about Wash is that what he says or does today isn't consistent with what he said and did in the past).

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its as Pegasus said, still doesn't make sense

I guess this is something that will always annoy me about Wash is that what he says or does today isn't consistent with what he said and did in the past).

Hell what Wash said a week ago often isn't consistent with what he says today

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, :nod::L:whistle:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Though I was certainly spun up at the time ... it was mostly the talking heads who were convinced the Adam Rosales acquisition meant Profar was destined to be now playing LF. They all were saying it from TR to EG to even Jamey. I went nuts (as you may remember).

Then ... two days later a reporter asks Wash if Profar will be playing LF ... and Wash says "No ... he's an infielder". And then all of a sudden Rosales is gone again.

Know way all those hometown reporters get the Profar in LF story out of the blue. Where did they get it ... Jackie Moore? Maybe JD had to phone Wash and explain the Rosales acquisition was to open up DH options ... not a signal that Profar was going to the OF.

Wash quite often says something that either doesn't make sense (not like Yogi Berra or Casey Stengle not making sense) ... just not well thought out. I always measure what a manager ought to say by what Showalter or Joe Maddon would say.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all the games before that?

You said since his "hot streak" or some similar language. So assumed you were talking about since he has come off the DL. He has had three starts since coming off the DL. In his first game, we shut out the Yankees 3-0 so there is that. Then did not get run support in his second start (since the ASB) against the Indians; we lost that game 1-0. Then his third start was against the Dbacks and we scored 7 runs.