• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels 8/5-8/7

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's being a player's coach and there's being stupid, that was just stupid on his part,

but I understand what you're saying, and that's probably it, but doesn't make it any less stupid

Forrest Gump could not have said it any better:)

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or do many of the people post on here seem to do so with a bit a chip on their shoulder?

LOL, the exchanges here are mild in comparison to what I see on the political/social/economic forums I frequent. A lot less profanity at those sites though...

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said since his "hot streak" or some similar language. So assumed you were talking about since he has come off the DL. He has had three starts since coming off the DL. In his first game, we shut out the Yankees 3-0 so there is that. Then did not get run support in his second start (since the ASB) against the Indians; we lost that game 1-0. Then his third start was against the Dbacks and we scored 7 runs.

Sorry no, was referring to the beginning of the year when he started 7-0 or whatever, then had the long stretch of like 2 runs per game behind him or something.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will speak just for myself ... but I think others may have a similar perspective.

I really like seeing contrarian perspectives. BBTIA was good in that respect ... and the writers would always logically support their perspectives with facts and/or statistics. There is a lot of good fact-based writing here too by quite a few with varied viewpoints.

What makes me crazy are unsupported gut perspectives. Put in the homework. Check the numbers. Check to see who is playing tonight. Don't be lazy posters and just throw stuff out. If you want to be lazy ... go back to ESPN forums and have a conversation with one or two other folks over a week or two.

You don't need to be the smartest guy in the room. Just start with at least one fact. And support it with a source.

Thanks ...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will speak just for myself ... but I think others may have a similar perspective.

I really like seeing contrarian perspectives. BBTIA was good in that respect ... and the writers would always logically support their perspectives with facts and/or statistics. There is a lot of good fact-based writing here too by quite a few with varied viewpoints.

What makes me crazy are unsupported gut perspectives. Put in the homework. Check the numbers. Check to see who is playing tonight. Don't be lazy posters and just throw stuff out. If you want to be lazy ... go back to ESPN forums and have a conversation with one or two other folks over a week or two.

You don't need to be the smartest guy in the room. Just start with at least one fact. And support it with a source.

Thanks ...
:suds:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game last night and will miss it tonight. Sounds like we had some of that Oakland good fortune. Good to see some things going our way for a change. I would also imagine there were a few innings such as the 7th and 8th that had fans on the edge of their seats. Hope Yu pitches another great game like the last one. That was some of the best pitching I have seen this year. Lets end this as the Giants did last year.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin, cf;
Andrus, ss;
Kinsler, dh;
A. Beltre, 3b;
Pierzynski, c;
Murphy, lf;
Moreland, 1b;
Profar, 2b;
E. Beltre, rf.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin, cf;
Andrus, ss;
Kinsler, dh;
A. Beltre, 3b;
Pierzynski, c;
Murphy, lf;
Moreland, 1b;
Profar, 2b;
E. Beltre, rf.
Thanks for posting the line up:10:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game last night and will miss it tonight. Sounds like we had some of that Oakland good fortune. Good to see some things going our way for a change. I would also imagine there were a few innings such as the 7th and 8th that had fans on the edge of their seats. Hope Yu pitches another great game like the last one. That was some of the best pitching I have seen this year. Lets end this as the Giants did last year.

Im gonna go out and say he finally throws a compete Game!! :) Prediction 9 inn 5 hits 1 ER 2 BB 12 Ks. LETS GO YUU!

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry no, was referring to the beginning of the year when he started 7-0 or whatever, then had the long stretch of like 2 runs per game behind him or something.

Then perhaps you should do a little more background work and come back. Darvish was never 7-0. At one point he was 7-2 . He went 1-2 for July when we were up and down on offense.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks ...

You mean, people should not be using "and stuff" when presenting their case. I agree:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mz7koRoeE]Beavis And Butt-Head in: Scientific Stuff - YouTube[/ame]

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why don't you examine the friction caused by digitally oscillating your weiner" classic!

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who besides me figures the a large number of balls will follow Murphy over to LF tonight since Wash seems to have came to the decision that it is better for Murphy to play LF tonight? :nod:

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then perhaps you should do a little more background work and come back. Darvish was never 7-0. At one point he was 7-2 . He went 1-2 for July when we were up and down on offense.

I was at work when I posted that, didn't really have the time to dig into it which is why i used vague numbers that closely represented the facts. Doesn't change my point one bit, so you can drop the pretentiousness. I've seen you, along with everyone else, make vague generalizations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who besides me figures the a large number of balls will follow Murphy over to LF tonight since Wash seems to have came to the decision that it is better for Murphy to play LF tonight? :nod:
Murphy is like the baseball equivalent to Marion Barber. The Rangers had him in the perfect role to optimize his talent and then they tried to turn him into more than he is