• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels 8/5-8/7

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu is 3-1 @ LAA for his two seasons. His best record in any away park.

Overall ... Darvish has eight starts in his career against LAA ... a 5-1 record ... only his 4-0 record against DET is better percentage wise. Two starts this season ... both for wins.

Because he only went 5.0 in the first of those wins ... his shortest outing of the season ... he's only faced 39 LAA ABs but 17 were for Ks ... an incredible 43.5%!

Overall with his 186Ks batters have struck out over 37% of the time ... yet LAA batters have struck out six percent more than the rest of MLB.

Individualy here is how LAA has faired against him ... In two seasons Trout, Trumbo and Aybar account for 25 of the 39 Ks Yu has logged against LAA ...

Yu Darvish vs. Batters - Baseball-Reference.com

Hmmm so a possible another 10 strikeout game? :yahoo:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu is 3-1 @ LAA for his two seasons. His best record in any away park.

Overall ... Darvish has eight starts in his career against LAA ... a 5-1 record ... only his 4-0 record against DET is better percentage wise. Two starts this season ... both for wins.

Because he only went 5.0 in the first of those wins ... his shortest outing of the season ... he's only faced 39 LAA ABs but 17 were for Ks ... an incredible 43.5%!

Overall with his 186Ks batters have struck out over 37% of the time ... yet LAA batters have struck out six percent more than the rest of MLB.

Individualy here is how LAA has faired against him ... In two seasons Trout, Trumbo and Aybar account for 25 of the 39 Ks Yu has logged against LAA ...

Yu Darvish vs. Batters - Baseball-Reference.com

Darvish definitely makes this a favorable matchup. Additionally, some of out guys who have had some success in a few ABs against LAA starter Richards are Elvis (2/7, 2 RBI, and BB), A Beltre (1/6 with HR), Kinsler (2/5, RBI, and BB), Moreland (1/2 with RBI), and Murph (3/6 and BB). Others are encouraged to chip in as well, of course.

Also have the A's at the Reds tonight. I think we have a very good chance to be back within a game of first by the end of the night.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can take anything for granted. Jerome Williams, who by all accounts is a horrible starting pitcher and someone we usually mash against, has handled us very well in 2 games. I'll put a W in the column when the game is over.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can take anything for granted. Jerome Williams, who by all accounts is a horrible starting pitcher and someone we usually mash against, has handled us very well in 2 games. I'll put a W in the column when the game is over.

agree with this. That's why it's The Great Game

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darvish definitely makes this a favorable matchup. Additionally, some of out guys who have had some success in a few ABs against LAA starter Richards are Elvis (2/7, 2 RBI, and BB), A Beltre (1/6 with HR), Kinsler (2/5, RBI, and BB), Moreland (1/2 with RBI), and Murph (3/6 and BB). Others are encouraged to chip in as well, of course.

Also have the A's at the Reds tonight. I think we have a very good chance to be back within a game of first by the end of the night.

Over the coming weeks OAK has what the numbers say is the tougher schedule ... yet I think it's wiser for TEX to just play the games it has and not scoreboard watch. They don't advance unless they win the games on its schedule regardless of what OAK does.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are obviously right. Still, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the game tonight, the rest of the road trip, and the rest of the season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the coming weeks OAK has what the numbers say is the tougher schedule ... yet I think it's wiser for TEX to just play the games it has and not scoreboard watch. They don't advance unless they win the games on its schedule regardless of what OAK does.

You are absolutely right that the team shouldn't "scoreboard watch" and that it has to win its games. I just think that they are going to do their part. We shall see.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone noticed that yu is 8th all time in k/9 if the season ended... Wow

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the team has a chance to really establish itself as a team that consistently wins with pitching and defense. We have hung tough through injuries and slumps, but we have a great opportunity to turn it around. Darvish, Garza, Holland, Perez, and whoever else (Lewis or Harrison) could be very formidable down the stretch.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the team has a chance to really establish itself as a team that consistently wins with pitching and defense. We have hung tough through injuries and slumps, but we have a great opportunity to turn it around. Darvish, Garza, Holland, Perez, and whoever else (Lewis or Harrison) could be very formidable down the stretch.

with a great bull pen

:suds:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, we're built very much like the giants the last three years (minus an MVP caliber catcher). We've got great starting pitching, an outstanding bullpen, and great defense for the most part with a handful of legitimate power threats in the lineup, and lots of platoon players. This team making a deep playoff run will be all about getting there one way or another, getting hot at the right time, and letting our pitching carry us.

Pitching and defense is so important in October. I guess what I'm saying is if we can make it to October and get hot at the right time we're built for a deep run. Just cross your fingers and hope got the best.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all the elements to win the division. A piece here and there would help but we can not depend on that happening. However we have been playing a little to lose and must tighten up on the base paths and plate discipline. Bad decisions such as Murphy playing right field immediately led to runs in the first inning. Most seemed to agree he was not the one to play RF. In my opinion these are examples where we can best help ourselves become a better ball club.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31-14 vs the AL West. That's how you win a division. Keep it up.

Two more series with the A's and if we win two of six games (I think we will do better, we must) we win the head to head series this year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh. dont agree about the great defense. I personally think this year its been below average. We've got the talent for it, especially on our left side of the infield, but its pretty awful right now imo.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Except Jerome Williams was the losing pitcher last night. TEX faces Garrett Richards tonight. TEX has only sen Richards for 1.2 of RP back in April.

Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Jerome Williams was the losing pitcher last night. TEX faces Garrett Richards tonight. TEX has only sen Richards for 1.2 of RP back in April.

Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom.

Which is what works against us, Rangers have a bad habit of getting shut down by pitchers they haven't seen a lot of. I just see this as a trap game is all.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ehh. dont agree about the great defense. I personally think this year its been below average. We've got the talent for it, especially on our left side of the infield, but its pretty awful right now imo.

The infield play last night was far and away excellent. I can count at least 5 plays by a combination of KInsler, Andrus and also Moreland which were exceptional. Final game in OAK was the same.

Misplay last night was the Alphonses by Murphy in RF.