• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Rangers want a guy that hasn’t hit over 200 since 2019
Because of what they think he can do (40+ HRs, 100+ RBIs .250+ BA, .390+OB% and GG defense) if they can get him straightened out and back on the right path. Make a 1 year deal for $6-9M or so with incentives and see if the hitting coaches can get him fixed. This small investment isn't alot if you can turn him into a $25M+ player. Some of the other semi attractive OFers are in the same boat Bellinger/Conforto coming off bad year(s) but capable of way more too...

The question is will they bite on any of them and take that chance? I'm guessing the odds of this happening are decent to good since we haven't heard of any specific rumors of them chasing a specific OFer in FA. If I had to guess I'd say Bellinger would be the most attractive because of his age and ties to Seager, but probably has a higher price tag attached...

:noidea:

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Mike is back I wonder if Greg is part of the deal since he's currently unemployed???

I would see that as "If you practice what I preach one day you could be like him" :nod: (visual stimuli can have a huge effect on some folks)...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of what they think he can do (40+ HRs, 100+ RBIs .250+ BA, .390+OB% and GG defense) if they can get him straightened out and back on the right path. Make a 1 year deal for $6-9M or so with incentives and see if the hitting coaches can get him fixed. This small investment isn't alot if you can turn him into a $25M+ player. Some of the other semi attractive OFers are in the same boat Bellinger/Conforto coming off bad year(s) but capable of way more too...

The question is will they bite on any of them and take that chance? I'm guessing the odds of this happening are decent to good since we haven't heard of any specific rumors of them chasing a specific OFer in FA. If I had to guess I'd say Bellinger would be the most attractive because of his age and ties to Seager, but probably has a higher price tag attached...

I am probably more a Gallo risk taker than most on this board but minus the one early season stretch when he had MVP numbers he has never been on the path. Plus Garcia is our current poor mans Gallo without the ceiling a little. Better average and about the same strikeouts. But if he was willing to tweak his swing especially with 2 strikes then that would interest me. A one year contract without at least mutual options does not does not interest me

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking LA and NY thought they had the answers also. Would also think they have as good or better hitting coaches as the Rangers. So what makes you think we can do what we have failed already as well as the other clubs. Admitting I don't know but the odds say pass IMO.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the holdup is with the posting of Masataka Yoshida. I believe Dec. 5 is the last day to post him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would want to sign Gallo is if he came here with an understanding that he would be a utility/bench player. Having a guy who could be a backup for both of the corner IF positions and all three OF positions would be valuable. It would also have to come with an understanding with Boche that Gallo shouldn't get the Calhoun treatment.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the holdup is with the posting of Masataka Yoshida. I believe Dec. 5 is the last day to post him.

Could be wrong but, maybe they want to wait to the last moment to post him so that as players fall off the board during the winter meetings and after he will be more sought after since there won’t be as many players available

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would want to sign Gallo is if he came here with an understanding that he would be a utility/bench player. Having a guy who could be a backup for both of the corner IF positions and all three OF positions would be valuable. It would also have to come with an understanding with Boche that Gallo shouldn't get the Calhoun treatment.
He still will hit at some point and in a critical time would you PH?

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would want to sign Gallo is if he came here with an understanding that he would be a utility/bench player.

Please dear God no. Because then the fandom would say "he'd hit better if he got regular playing time."

No. Joey folds under pressure.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dear God no. Because then the fandom would say "he'd hit better if he got regular playing time."

No. Joey folds under pressure.

Yeah I don’t remember Gallo being very clutch ?
Maybe I’m wrong.. but felt he padded his stats when it didn’t matter and folded when it did matter

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo was streaky. I doubt if he signs soon or even this year
Trying to play the middle ground with him due to potential but obviously changes are needed

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When has he ever tried to change anything. He’s hit 250 or better once in his 8 year career. He doesn’t think he needs to change anything or he would have already. He can’t even hit 200. But he will give you 200 strikeouts though.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking LA and NY thought they had the answers also. Would also think they have as good or better hitting coaches as the Rangers. So what makes you think we can do what we have failed already as well as the other clubs. Admitting I don't know but the odds say pass IMO.
Different hitting coaches have different philosophies about hitting…

I can think of another player whose best days were with the Rangers (Josh Hamilton) because of they figured out a way to get to him mentally, maybe Joey requires that too???

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has he ever tried to change anything. He’s hit 250 or better once in his 8 year career. He doesn’t think he needs to change anything or he would have already. He can’t even hit 200. But he will give you 200 strikeouts though.
I’m not saying we need to bring him back I’m just speculating on what the team might be thinking and could possibly do…

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want players who don't have to be pinch hit for on any kind of a regular basis, in my starting lineup. I want bench players who can come in and play in case of injury.

I don't hold out much hope for bench players as pinch hitters. That is mainly for guys who platoon and hopefully we can move past a platoon anywhere in the lineup. Managers platoon guys when he has no clear cut choice as to the starter at that position. I would not want Gallo as a platoon player.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care at this point who the Rangers use on the bench as long as those bench guys aren't Calhouned, and are not seen as unreleasable due to them being a clubhouse presence.