• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although, I doubt even Maddux could have done much with some of the guys we brought in to pitch over the last 3 or 4 years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sold him a set of tires for his f150 back when he was the Rangers pitching coach.
Did he put his hand on your shoulder and very calmly talk you into a lower price?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although, I doubt even Maddux could have done much with some of the guys we brought in to pitch over the last 3 or 4 years.
Our pen was overused especially with bullpen games. Our ERA of I am guessing right deteriorated

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, John Moore, Jeff Wilson's podcast buddy has some crazy ideas. These are his ideas:

It’s officially time for this Armchair GM to sit down and start assembling the team that gets to the playoffs.

This might be too wild of a ride of some.

Starting rotation

Free agent I: Rangers do what should have been done already, signing left-hander Martin Perez for four years and $60 million.

Free agent II: Rangers sign right-hander Koudai Senga to a five-year, $75 million deal.

Trade I: Rangers send righty Dane Dunning to Arizona for lefty Madison Bumgarner.

Trade II: Rangers send righty Cole Winn, lefty Antoine Kelly and shortstop Maximo Acosta to San Diego for lefty Blake Snell. (Rangers then have a year to talk an extension).

Trade: Rangers send Pirates CF Leody Taveras, RHP Jack Leiter, infielder Ezequial Duran for CF Bryan Reynolds.

Free agent: Rangers sign right fielder Joey Gallo to a two-year, $20 million contract with an opt out after one. (Gil LeBreton talked me into it at Bochy press conference)

Free agent I: Rangers sign RHP Nick Martinez to a two-year, $14 million deal with an opt out after one. This gives him a $1 million raise from his salary in San Diego and gives Rangers a spot starter who can also be a right-handed long-relief option.

Free agent II: Rangers sign LHP Matt Moore to two-year, $8 million deal.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, John Moore, Jeff Wilson's podcast buddy has some crazy ideas. These are his ideas:

It’s officially time for this Armchair GM to sit down and start assembling the team that gets to the playoffs.

Starting rotation

Free agent I: Rangers do what should have been done already, signing left-hander Martin Perez for four years and $60 million.

Free agent II: Rangers sign right-hander Koudai Senga to a five-year, $75 million deal.

Trade I: Rangers send righty Dane Dunning to Arizona for lefty Madison Bumgarner.

Trade II: Rangers send righty Cole Winn, lefty Antoine Kelly and shortstop Maximo Acosta to San Diego for lefty Blake Snell. (Rangers then have a year to talk an extension).

Trade: Rangers send Pirates CF Leody Taveras, RHP Jack Leiter, infielder Ezequial Duran for CF Bryan Reynolds.

Free agent: Rangers sign right fielder Joey Gallo to a two-year, $20 million contract with an opt out after one. (Gil LeBreton talked me into it at Bochy press conference)

Free agent I: Rangers sign RHP Nick Martinez to a two-year, $14 million deal with an opt out after one. This gives him a $1 million raise from his salary in San Diego and gives Rangers a spot starter who can also be a right-handed long-relief option.

So $15 X2 AAV for Perez, Senga
$23 for Bumgarner
$16 Snell
$6 Reynolds
$10 Gallo
$7 N Martinez
$4 Moore
$96 million total.

Added to the $105 on the books that’s a $201 million payroll

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So $15 X2 AAV for Perez, Senga
$23 for Bumgarner
$16 Snell
$6 Reynolds
$10 Gallo
$7 N Martinez
$4 Moore
$96 million total.

Added to the $105 on the books that’s a $201 million payroll
What does this guy think we could get out of Gallo for $10 M? With Adolis in RF Gallo has little to offer.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this guy think we could get out of Gallo for $10 M? With Adolis in RF Gallo has little to offer.
He has to be crazy. Lol

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting rotation

What do all these guys see in Gallo. He’s been awful the last two years.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to get Brandon Woodruff and Hunter Renfroe(salary relief for Milwaukee mainly)
Wonder what that would take..the Woodruff part will make it costly I’m sure..
Woodruff would be a nice extension candidate after 2023 as well, if he performs well.
Only has 2 years of control which stinks, but it sound like the Rangers are going for playoffs starting next year. Might as well go in

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to get Brandon Woodruff and Hunter Renfroe(salary relief for Milwaukee mainly)
Wonder what that would take..the Woodruff part will make it costly I’m sure..
Woodruff would be a nice extension candidate after 2023 as well, if he performs well.
Only has 2 years of control which stinks, but it sound like the Rangers are going for playoffs starting next year. Might as well go in

How about Duran, Winn, Ornellas, Roby & one of Vanasco/or/D Harris

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost think we have to wait for Justin verlander to retire for the Astros to drop off some.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost think we have to wait for Justin verlander to retire for the Astros to drop off some.
He might not be there next year but who knows
They have alot of good young pitching

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting rotation

Free agent I: Rangers do what should have been done already, signing left-hander Martin Perez for four years and $60 million. SMART

Free agent II: Rangers sign right-hander Koudai Senga to a five-year, $75 million deal. NEED MORE INFO

Trade I: Rangers send righty Dane Dunning to Arizona for lefty Madison Bumgarner. STUPID

Trade II: Rangers send righty Cole Winn, lefty Antoine Kelly and shortstop Maximo Acosta to San Diego for lefty Blake Snell. (Rangers then have a year to talk an extension). STUPID

Trade: Rangers send Pirates CF Leody Taveras, RHP Jack Leiter, infielder Ezequial Duran for CF Bryan Reynolds. SMART TARGET, STUPID PRICE

Free agent: Rangers sign right fielder Joey Gallo to a two-year, $20 million contract with an opt out after one. (Gil LeBreton talked me into it at Bochy press conference) STUPID

Free agent I: Rangers sign RHP Nick Martinez to a two-year, $14 million deal with an opt out after one. This gives him a $1 million raise from his salary in San Diego and gives Rangers a spot starter who can also be a right-handed long-relief option. SMART

Free agent II: Rangers sign LHP Matt Moore to two-year, $8 million deal. SMART

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The podast wasn't Bochy's only media stop Wednesday. He also appeared the MLB Network Radio show Loud Outs on Sirius XM with Rangers analyst C.J. Nitkowski and former All-Star closer Brad Lidge.

Both asked great questions. One in particular stuck out: Did Bochy consider any other managerial jobs?

There were a handful besides the Rangers' post open: the White Sox, Marlins, Blue Jays and Royals.

They didn't stand a chance after general manager Chris Young went to Nashville and met with Bochy for seven hours. Bochy's wife, Kim, even made lunch and kept shoveling snacks their way. They never left the house.

"Once I started talking to CY, I had no interest in talking to anybody else," he said. "Just listening to his vision, and when you talk to him, you can feel how bad he wants to get this done, turned around, this is where I wanted to be and I knew it."

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The podast wasn't Bochy's only media stop Wednesday. He also appeared the MLB Network Radio show Loud Outs on Sirius XM with Rangers analyst C.J. Nitkowski and former All-Star closer Brad Lidge.

Both asked great questions. One in particular stuck out: Did Bochy consider any other managerial jobs?

There were a handful besides the Rangers' post open: the White Sox, Marlins, Blue Jays and Royals.

They didn't stand a chance after general manager Chris Young went to Nashville and met with Bochy for seven hours. Bochy's wife, Kim, even made lunch and kept shoveling snacks their way. They never left the house.

"Once I started talking to CY, I had no interest in talking to anybody else," he said. "Just listening to his vision, and when you talk to him, you can feel how bad he wants to get this done, turned around, this is where I wanted to be and I knew it."

I wonder what CY has in store this off-season.
Can’t wait

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what CY has in store this off-season.
Can’t wait
I hope it includes Maddux, Martin P, C. Martin, and Martinez.

Also Diaz and Kershaw.

Abreu would be nice if some of those others don't work out.

I hope it also includes a trade of Garver.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it includes Maddux, Martin P, C. Martin, and Martinez.

Also Diaz and Kershaw.

Abreu would be nice if some of those others don't work out.

I hope it also includes a trade of Garver.

I hope the Rangers do not pay Diaz $17-$20 million a year over 4-5 years..
that would be horrendous. He’s average every other year. 2017, 2019, 2021..

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Rangers do not pay Diaz $17-$20 million a year over 4-5 years..
that would be horrendous.
I think it would work out to be a better contract than what they gave Semien.

It is time they spent money on a closer.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a closer but not an overpay of Diaz. Plus the timing is off

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a closer but not an overpay of Diaz. Plus the timing is off
Why is the tuming off? He will be 30 and 31 in 2024 and 2025.

Any free agent will be overpaid. That is why the last labor agreement took so long to resolve.