• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 Spring Training

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it won't give the younguns a chance to succeed, yeah it is pointless... :nod:

Never said I did...

And you???
Then I guess we are in the same boat.

I am all for giving the prospects a chance to succeed. Never said I wasn't. That doesn't have to include Davis being on the team though.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as he has done I think they need to give him a shot on the roster to open the season. I mean if he doesn't get that chance now is he ever going to get one.
I get the impression the team either didn't think he was going to make it back to the Majors because of his strikeout rate or they thought all the pitchers they put on the 40 were more valuable than him or maybe both. (I'm not real sure).

But with all the injuries that has suddenly reared their ugly head they're damned if they do and damned if they don't where the 40 is concerned. They have another week to make a decision so we'll see where it ends up. Either they will look for someone to be released by another team or they will ride with who is on the 40 and wait until Krush or Willie are ready to come back, I don't think they let Adolis be on the roster coming OD but I could be wrong :noidea:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Are you sure you aren't running for office? You do a lot of flip-flopping.
Whatever. If they are going to get max playing time but sitting on the bench does them no good. If Huff was going to get 75 to 85 games behind the plate plus at least 15 to 25 at 1st & DH I would be for it but I’d rather he be at AAA

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so you like to nitpick everything I post, I get that

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I guess we are in the same boat.

I am all for giving the prospects a chance to succeed. Never said I wasn't. That doesn't have to include Davis being on the team though.
Not having a balanced lineup is not giving them a chance to succeed (look at the last couple of years as an example :rolleyes2: I've cussed them up one side and down the other for letting Cruz get away) and Krush could very possibly help enable that to happen if he returns to his old self. And if he does that will force other teams to pitch to the guys ahead of him Joey especially cause they still aren't sure which is the real Joey, 1st half of 2019 or 2017, 2018 and 2020. They want to be sure of what he is before they spend big bucks on him or trade him for prospects, can't say as I blame them.

Anyway the more confidence the younguns have the faster they will grow and mature. And then you could ditch Krush later in the season, in the off season or next year if one of the younguns progresses enough this year to take his place or they go after Trevor Story as rumored. The other thing is you have to keep the fans interested too, if they don't show up to the ballpark that's another downer for the team money wise and the younguns mentally, psyche can be a fragile thing... :nod:

Kids don't seem to be as mentally tough in today's world as they were when I grew up. And another thing is they aren't as interested in sports as in the past, a cell phone and Internet is
enough to keep them occupied now. All 3 of my daughters played ball when they were young, their kids could care less about sports video games are funner. :gaah:The only thing I can get the oldest Granddaughter (10 yrs old) into is fishing. So I gave her one of my old Abu Garcia bait casters and a rod to practice with, hopefully she'll be ready when the weather warms up and I get some time to take her out on the boat...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of wish Cody was starting but probably best since MILB is still in pending stage

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as he has done I think they need to give him a shot on the roster to open the season. I mean if he doesn't get that chance now is he ever going to get one.
If this was Garcia. I doubt rhybwant to expose him again for a temporary look

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of wish Cody was starting but probably best since MILB is still in pending stage
This shuttling back in forth results in injuries a lot of times. They never learn.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a balanced lineup is not giving them a chance to succeed (look at the last couple of years as an example :rolleyes2: I've cussed them up one side and down the other for letting Cruz get away) and Krush could very possibly help enable that to happen if he returns to his old self. And if he does that will force other teams to pitch to the guys ahead of him Joey especially cause they still aren't sure which is the real Joey, 1st half of 2019 or 2017, 2018 and 2020. They want to be sure of what he is before they spend big bucks on him or trade him for prospects, can't say as I blame them.

Anyway the more confidence the younguns have the faster they will grow and mature. And then you could ditch Krush later in the season, in the off season or next year if one of the younguns progresses enough this year to take his place or they go after Trevor Story as rumored. The other thing is you have to keep the fans interested too, if they don't show up to the ballpark that's another downer for the team money wise and the younguns mentally, psyche can be a fragile thing... :nod:

Kids don't seem to be as mentally tough in today's world as they were when I grew up. And another thing is they aren't as interested in sports as in the past, a cell phone and Internet is
enough to keep them occupied now. All 3 of my daughters played ball when they were young, their kids could care less about sports video games are funner. :gaah:The only thing I can get the oldest Granddaughter (10 yrs old) into is fishing. So I gave her one of my old Abu Garcia bait casters and a rod to practice with, hopefully she'll be ready when the weather warms up and I get some time to take her out on the boat...
We don't necessarily disagree about young players needing some guidance. I think we mainly disagree about how much and when.

I do disagree about the young players needing to win as many games as possible this year. To me it makes no difference if they win 74 or 79 games. When it gets to the point in winning 90 or 95, then it makes a huge difference.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you are being so obtuse
Lol. You argue this point with me one way in January, and state a completely different opinion a few weeks later, all the while denying you have changed your mind, and you call me obtuse. Now, that is funny.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. If they are going to get max playing time but sitting on the bench does them no good. If Huff was going to get 75 to 85 games behind the plate plus at least 15 to 25 at 1st & DH I would be for it but I’d rather he be at AAA
Since your stance on Huff was different than the rest, I didn't bring him up with the other three.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shuttling back in forth results in injuries a lot of times. They never learn.
I seriously this is an experiment ala Felix and Ogando. Cody need to start

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since your stance on Huff was different than the rest, I didn't bring him up with the other three.
I don’t want our goof prospects sitting on the bench any of them. If they are going to significant playing time they need to be at the Alt site or at AAA when the minor league seasons start

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously this is an experiment ala Felix and Ogando. Cody need to start
No, they intended for Feliz to stay in the pen and they probably do not mean for Cody to do so. As it is though, he will be switching roles more frequently than Feliz did.

What happens if Cody is highly successful in the pen? Will they be tempted to make him a closer? Who knows with JD in charge.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to jump in the ongoing Siggy Saddles thread. Will state that talent does not equate to winning and leadership is an aid to talent. That being said, I really did not care if Davis was on the team much one way or another. Die want Willie to get ABs.
Davis has been a pretty streaky hitter beside a Ranger killer. To keep him long term something needs to improve in his consistency