• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because all the proposals do not take into account MILB players, support staff,concessionaire’s etc.

The sport is becoming elitist as opposed to the working man sport. 9/10 media expert portray the players as victimized. Not saying they should roll over and let owners profiteer without giving back even to be more equitable with the players but there are more players in the mix

I have not seen one altruistic demand BT the players. That being said The owners and Manfred have no desire to make the game better but I do think some of the players do want game improvement

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought MLBPA was demanding higher pay and better accommodations for Minors players? And MLB is trying to eliminate certain aspects of the Minors?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought MLBPA was demanding higher pay and better accommodations for Minors players? And MLB is trying to eliminate certain aspects of the Minors?
I am not sure how much effort the MLBPA puts into helping the minors because the only minor leaguers who are in the MLBPA are those on the 40 man roster.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Harris, meanwhile, gave everyone in baseball cause to start believing in him. They now believe in the player exponentially more than anyone ever has after an eye-opening three months for Low-Class A Down East followed by seven weeks of mass destruction against High-Class A pitching."

"The kid who hadn’t homered in high school, who went homerless his first year in junior college, and who managed one longball as an Oakland farmhand, exploded for 10 Down East homers in 73 games (.301/.389/.483). After earning his early-August promotion to Hickory? Hold my stat sheet, said Harris’ bat. He homered in his first Crawdads at-bat. He homered in his second Crawdads at-bat. He went 13 for his first 26 and struck out only twice in that span. He started 16 of his first 17 games, hitting safely in all of the starts and batting .478/.507/.821 in total. All told, he finished his Hickory stint with a .372/.425/.648 line and 10 more homers in 37 games, leading to internal discussions about possibly promoting him yet again for Double-A Frisco’s playoff chase. Harris finished the year as the only player in minor league baseball to pile up at least 20 home runs, at least 20 doubles, and at least 20 stolen bases to go with fewer than 100 strikeouts."

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how much effort the MLBPA puts into helping the minors because the only minor leaguers who are in the MLBPA are those on the 40 man roster.
that is correct and the MLBPA is only interested in how much they can improve what the top players are bring in

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure they are interested in more than that.
among all the MLBPA wants, don't they want the salary cap removed so that teams can sign even more massive contracts? i know they'rw trying to increase what the lower-level MLB players earn but in the long ran it is interested in insuring that the upper-level players get more

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minor league pay is not being addressed in the current CBA or considered as sort to the revenue sharing that I have seen

Yes MLB has made concessions with MILB housing.

I just find it regrettable the MLB has been insulated from universal labor practices. This might be oversimplifying things as the MILB has shrunk allowing those that remain improve in a minor increment and there are independent MILB clubs in play

To me this is a perfect opportunity to address and correct inequities and I am just not seeing it yet

If I am missing something please let me know

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the players are interested in MLB players and their salaries prior to Free agency as well as time clock manipulation. This helps the talented young potential all stars making less than their counterparts. Guys like Krueger I have not seen addressed

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
among all the MLBPA wants, don't they want the salary cap removed so that teams can sign even more massive contracts? i know they'rw trying to increase what the lower-level MLB players earn but in the long ran it is interested in insuring that the upper-level players get more

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is MLB players wanting a bigger piece of the pie bad? I'd rather the revenue go into the pocket of a player than an owner.

Minor league pay is not being addressed in the current CBA or considered as sort to the revenue sharing that I have seen

Yes MLB has made concessions with MILB housing.

I just find it regrettable the MLB has been insulated from universal labor practices. This might be oversimplifying things as the MILB has shrunk allowing those that remain improve in a minor increment and there are independent MILB clubs in play

To me this is a perfect opportunity to address and correct inequities and I am just not seeing it yet

If I am missing something please let me know

I keep seeing MiLB pay mentioned, and assumed it was part of the negotiations. Admittedly I'm not following that closely.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he's expecting to get a whole more than that after the MLBPA and MLB finally reach a settlement. probably was told that he could possibly get a lot more money (400-475M) over less years

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is MLB players wanting a bigger piece of the pie bad? I'd rather the revenue go into the pocket of a player than an owner.
I don't see the players wanting more as being bad. Then again, I don't see the owners not wanting that to happen as being bad either. I don't see this as a Good vs. Evil scenario. To me, it is simply a negotiation between two parties. I really don't care for how slow they are doing said negotiations, but it isn't my money, so I can't do anything about the slowness.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the minor league salary issue and past greats being exempted from pensions after sacrificing for the game is injustice to me

We are appalled by seatshops in the Far East etc
It is morally wrong to not pay workers a fair wage and live lavishly.
I have been blessed and have to watch my own self to make sure I am not greedy

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56477fe9e370c71c22f893d7e0c4be53.jpg

The MLBPA is rushing over to make their latest proposal.