• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny was a good hire at the time. I never got the impression he favored Odor to any extreme degree and I don't think Odor/Bautista had anything to do with Banny.

Banny didn't "come out of nowhere." He had been a coach for many years, and there is a 100% chance he was going to be a MLB manager at some point. He interviewed for the job, as did multiple people, and was given the job. Had nothing to do with "winning JD over."

Bogar wasn't "the obvious choice." I'm not sure why/how people think that. It's been 7 years and Bogar still hasn't been hired by any team as a manager, so it's probably time to get rid of the narrative that Bogar deserved to be the manager based on a couple of weeks.

watch this and tell me Odor Wasn’t Banister’s favorite :

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant it bodes well as they did deal Elvis
Yeah, that is my point. They gave lip service to Elvis playing 3B while looking to trade him.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM. I guess Levi Weaver could not convince Jon Lester to forgo retirement and sign with the Rangers

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bowden has a column out where he reacts to different trade proposals that were suggested to him. Here is one concerning the Rangers.

Rangers trade 1B Nathaniel Lowe, 2B Justin Foscue, RHP Glenn Otto and C Sam Huff to A’s for 1B Matt Olson — Louis M.
If I’m the A’s, I’d pass on this offer without a counter. I like Lowe’s power, but he can be pitched to. Foscue is the best player in the package but not enough for Olson. Otto didn’t impress me during his call-up last season (six starts, 9.26 ERA in 23 1/3 innings) and he’s 25 years old, and Huff is just an extra player at best. Back to the drawing board, Louis.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is my point. They gave lip service to Elvis playing 3B while looking to trade him.
and i imagine at some point they will probably trade IKF but not until they are comfortable with Jung hitting at the MLB level. what's your plan if they trade IKF now and Jung comes out of the gate struggling?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bowden has a column out where he reacts to different trade proposals that were suggested to him. Here is one concerning the Rangers.

Rangers trade 1B Nathaniel Lowe, 2B Justin Foscue, RHP Glenn Otto and C Sam Huff to A’s for 1B Matt Olson — Louis M.
If I’m the A’s, I’d pass on this offer without a counter. I like Lowe’s power, but he can be pitched to. Foscue is the best player in the package but not enough for Olson. Otto didn’t impress me during his call-up last season (six starts, 9.26 ERA in 23 1/3 innings) and he’s 25 years old, and Huff is just an extra player at best. Back to the drawing board, Louis.
would not do that much for Olsen. unlike some i'm not ready to unload any of those players. some want to hang on to other players who have had plenty of time to show something and haven't, while seemingly wanting to dump others without seeing what they can do

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would do definitely do that for Olson, but the A's would shut the door in my face

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday is international signing day.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the quality of the pitching prospect, Bowden pretty much nailed it on him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we trade Foscue I hope it is for someone with more than 2 years of control.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like getting Olson but without an extension why would we want him?
Really doubt if we are all in next year. So he becomes pretty much a rental.
Would think he is if more value to a proven contender this year

Also seems like our farm is on the rise and compares quite favorably to others.
Other than pitching, we don’t have guys who look like superstars but line them up with others i other systems their top guys don’t rank as high in ours overall

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that pitching prospect was dumped into the Starting rotation because we had no one else and he understandably struggled against MLB hitters. i would put him at AA or AAA in 2022 and let him work out the issues.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like getting Olson but without an extension why would we want him?
Really doubt if we are all in next year. So he becomes pretty much a rental.
Would think he is if more value to a proven contender this year

Also seems like our farm is on the rise and compares quite favorably to others.
Other than pitching, we don’t have guys who look like superstars but line them up with others i other systems their top guys don’t rank as high in ours overall
I am not certain that management isn't in a stealth version of being all-in. The signing of both Seager and Semien points in that direction, but it is too early to say for sure. I think they will do all they can do to make the postseason and do a little damage once there in 2022. I think! We will find out soon enough once the lockout is over. I still expect 5 to 8 of our top 20 prospects will be traded by July 31, 2022.

I was hoping we would stay patient, but that appears to be out the window. Speaking of windows, I think they are going for an earlier window. I wanted to go for a window that opened up a little later, but one that could stay open for 5 to 7 years. I think the window they seem to be shooting for opens up earlier, but is destined to shut much sooner.

I do think our current crop of position player prospects will produce a superstar or two, as well as two or three really good players in addition. Most of those guys will be doing that elsewhere though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain that management isn't in a stealth version of being all-in. The signing of both Seager and Semien points in that direction, but it is too early to say for sure. I think they will do all they can do to make the postseason and do a little damage once there in 2022. I think! We will find out soon enough once the lockout is over. I still expect 5 to 8 of our top 20 prospects will be traded by July 31, 2022.

I was hoping we would stay patient, but that appears to be out the window. Speaking of windows, I think they are going for an earlier window. I wanted to go for a window that opened up a little later, but one that could stay open for 5 to 7 years. I think the window they seem to be shooting for opens up earlier, but is destined to shut much sooner.

I do think our current crop of position player prospects will produce a superstar or two, as well as two or three really good players in addition. Most of those guys will be doing that elsewhere though.
well i don't see us dumping 5 to 8 of our top prospects and that we probably pick up 1 more positional player (likely OF'er) and possibly at least 1 SP and a couple of RPs. that will require dropping at least 3 from the 40 plus we will have to add at least 3 or 4 prospects to the 40 which will also clearing spots on the 40.

Leclerc and J. Hernandez will end up on the 60-day and be out until late June or July

Last edited: