• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we should be worried about every player on our major league and minor league teams. there is not one player that is a guarantee. just because someone is hitting in Arizona or at A+, AA or AAA is no guarantee that they will do the same at the Major League level
I am not ready to give up on Huff. Too much topside in a still bit of a rebuild year although more on the MILB level. Do think Garcia needs to show he can repeat and our CF aid not proven long term. We don’t even have JUng up yet and Lowe needs to improve. Nothing long term at catcher thus Huff
Will say if Huff can not catch his value diminishes greatly

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to give up on Huff. Too much topside in a still bit of a rebuild year although more on the MILB level. Do think Garcia needs to show he can repeat and our CF aid not proven long term. We don’t even have JUng up yet and Lowe needs to improve. Nothing long term at catcher thus Huff
Will say if Huff can not catch his value diminishes greatly
I think as of now, I have hit the snooze button on Huff's prospect status. For now, all of the guys I listed above are above him right now, but I will wait until mid June or so and evaluate his 2022 season to see if he belongs back in the top 10 or even in the top 20.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it’s the lock out / offseason. I hope people don’t mind if I bring up an old topic.

what did the board think of Banny? I thought he was a meathead who wasn’t a good manager. he seemed to like odor way too much and the “Bautista punch” thing ended up being an embarrassing moment in hindsight that backfired on us in a big way when Toronto got pay back in the playoffs.

I felt like Bogar was the obvious choice after he managed us out of being able to draft Bregman while competing in meaningless games with a horrible roster. I didn’t like how banny came out of nowhere and won JD over. It almost seemed like JD just didn’t want to go with the obvious candidate in Bogar and he had to go all ivy league and over think it.

what I didn’t like about banny was his hiring decisions. Brocail and the hitting coach were both atrocious from what I remember. Banny also sucked ass when it came to managing a bullpen.

Banny was a good hire at the time. I never got the impression he favored Odor to any extreme degree and I don't think Odor/Bautista had anything to do with Banny.

Banny didn't "come out of nowhere." He had been a coach for many years, and there is a 100% chance he was going to be a MLB manager at some point. He interviewed for the job, as did multiple people, and was given the job. Had nothing to do with "winning JD over."

Bogar wasn't "the obvious choice." I'm not sure why/how people think that. It's been 7 years and Bogar still hasn't been hired by any team as a manager, so it's probably time to get rid of the narrative that Bogar deserved to be the manager based on a couple of weeks.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver has a column out today suggesting 10 moves to make the Rangers contenders in 2022.

Free Agents to be signed:

Suzuki
Kershaw
Castellanos
McCutcheon
Lester
Kela
Diekman

Trade for:

Alcantara
Zunino
Olson

He gives up Lowe, Calhoun. Duran, Smith, Acuna, Otto, Kent, Moss, Heim, Solak, Foscie, and either White or Vanasco.

Ridiculous!
One last thing. I find it a bit subjective that IKF appears to be the media favorite to start at 3B an obvious hitters position ignoring and not addressing his current hitting deficiencies.

It is like since he is a verbal leader in the clubhouse he gets a free pass. I hope he improves but if he does not he really has no business starting o a championship caliber club at 3B.
I am a bit old school thinking you can hide one or two defense first guys but at a premium defensive position such as SS.
Still IKF looks good defensively due to being solid but speed and range and a cannon of an arm, he does not have

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing. I find it a bit subjective that IKF appears to be the media favorite to start at 3B an obvious hitters position ignoring and not addressing his current hitting deficiencies.

It is like since he is a verbal leader in the clubhouse he gets a free pass. I hope he improves but if he does not he really has no business starting o a championship caliber club at 3B.
I am a bit old school thinking you can hide one or two defense first guys but at a premium defensive position such as SS.
Still IKF looks good defensively due to being solid but speed and range and a cannon of an arm, he does not have
Yes, our local media are all founding members of the IKF fan club for some reason. I hope all this stuff about a competition is just to keep Jung competitive and to keep other teams from knowing we are trying to trade IKF. Although, from everything I hear, Jung doesn't need anything like that to drive him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, our local media are all founding members of the IKF fan club for some reason. I hope all this stuff about a competition is just to keep Jung competitive and to keep other teams from knowing we are trying to trade IKF. Although, from everything I hear, Jung doesn't need anything like that to drive him.

To me it just breeds entitlement into the organization. The hardest worker is not always the best player in the field so IKF is not entitled to 3B going into ST.
I hope they verbally say the position is open
Let the beat man win

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver has a column out today suggesting 10 moves to make the Rangers contenders in 2022.

Suzuki
Kershaw
Castellanos
McCutcheon
Lester
Kela
Diekman

Trade for:

Alcantara
Zunino
Olson

He gives up Lowe, Calhoun. Duran, Smith, Acuna, Otto, Kent, Moss, Heim, Solak, Foscie, and either White or Vanasco.

Ridiculous!
Sounds like someone has been playing too much Fantasy MLB Manager... :tsk:

:laugh3:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they verbally say the position is open
Let the beat man win
If they don't already know who the best man for 3B is, then we are in big trouble.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't already know who the best man for 3B is, then we are in big trouble.
Yea but I don’t mind him polishing up on a few things if needed. But he is obviously the one for that spot soon.

Also could be a blessing for him to be at MILB level if this lockout drags out

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suzuki
Kershaw
Castellanos
McCutcheon
Lester
Kela
Diekman

Trade for:

Alcantara
Zunino
Olson

Ridiculous!
The only ones I would part with would be, Lowe, Calhoun, Heim and Solak..

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also could be a blessing for him to be at MILB level if this lockout drags out
Yeah, if the minor league starts before the majors do then he will definitely start in Round Rock.

I am just hoping they are saying IKF is in the running for 3B the same way Elvis was supposed to be. In other words, just to keep his trade value from slipping.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if the minor league starts before the majors do then he will definitely start in Round Rock.

I am just hoping they are saying IKF is in the running for 3B the same way Elvis was supposed to be. In other words, just to keep his trade value from slipping.
Actually how Elvis was handled via

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant it bodes well as they did deal Elvis

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now and probably until the trade deadline it would be wise to have both IKF and Jung available even if it means IKF starting the season at 3B and Jung starting at Frisco,