• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate seeing him make a leap this year and push Lowe elsewhere
Between him, Harris and Huff, maybe one of them will.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB hot stove: Finding best fits for unsigned top 50 free agents, including Carlos Correa and Clayton Kershaw

32. Michael Pineda

Best fit: Rangers. For all the work they've done this offseason, Texas still has questions abound in their rotation. Pineda will likely come on a short-term contract and he has a chance to dominate every fifth day, something few available starters can say. If he pitches well, the Rangers would have a very nice trade chip come deadline time. And if not, oh well, it's just money. The Rangers need bodies to soak up innings and avoid overworking the kids. Pineda is as good a candidate as anyone.

46. Tommy Pham

Best fit: Rangers. Although he had a down 2021 season, Pham's underlying quality of contact numbers were solid and he remains a grind-it-out type at the plate. The Rangers have spent a lot of money already this offseason, but left field is screaming for an upgrade, and Pham would bring the same sort of competitive edge and professionalism as Marcus Semien and Corey Seager. He wouldn't require the same level of contract commitment though. That's for sure.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB hot stove: Finding best fits for unsigned top 50 free agents, including Carlos Correa and Clayton Kershaw

32. Michael Pineda

Best fit: Rangers. For all the work they've done this offseason, Texas still has questions abound in their rotation. Pineda will likely come on a short-term contract and he has a chance to dominate every fifth day, something few available starters can say. If he pitches well, the Rangers would have a very nice trade chip come deadline time. And if not, oh well, it's just money. The Rangers need bodies to soak up innings and avoid overworking the kids. Pineda is as good a candidate as anyone.

46. Tommy Pham

Best fit: Rangers. Although he had a down 2021 season, Pham's underlying quality of contact numbers were solid and he remains a grind-it-out type at the plate. The Rangers have spent a lot of money already this offseason, but left field is screaming for an upgrade, and Pham would bring the same sort of competitive edge and professionalism as Marcus Semien and Corey Seager. He wouldn't require the same level of contract commitment though. That's for sure.
when i first read the Pineda part i thought @saddles had written it because of the bolded part then i realized it was MLB written

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32. Michael Pineda
Beings how the Reds let Wade Miley get away on a waiver claim I'm guessing Sonny Gray might be gotten for 1-2 lower prospects and a bag of used pucks...

46. Tommy Pham
Eddie Rosario is younger, cheaper, better WAR and probably more gas left in the tank... :think:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beings how the Reds let Wade Miley get away on a waiver claim I'm guessing Sonny Gray might be gotten for 1-2 lower prospects and a bag of used pucks...

Eddie Rosario is younger, cheaper, better WAR and probably more gas left in the tank... :think:

I like Eddie Rosario too
He’s definitely a guy that can put up an .800 OPS. Still relatively young. Could probably be had on a short cheap deal too

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Eddie Rosario too
He’s definitely a guy that can put up an .800 OPS. Still relatively young. Could probably be had on a short cheap deal too

I think they'll make a big push for Suzuki first and if that doesn't work they go after someone like Rosario. BTA they might stand pat and see what the new batting coaches can accomplish with existing players and a few select prospects... :think:

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Eddie Rosario too
I seen an article a couple of days ago about where they were talking about Eckers using pitching machines in BP instead of BP pitchers, so they can simulate game type conditions/scenarios better. They think that is one of the keys to his success in improving the hitting of the teams he's been with... :think:

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen an article a couple of days ago about where they were talking about Eckers using pitching machines in BP instead of BP pitchers, so they can simulate game type conditions/scenarios better. They think that is one of the keys to his success in improving the hitting of the teams he's been with... :think:

That makes a ton of sense
You would think normal batting practice throws off timing being a lot slower and not as nasty movement.

Im sure that will help a ton

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Speaking of Taveras, he entered Tuesday batting .288 with a .382 on-base percentage and a .387 slugging percentage through 30 games this winter for Aguilas. Of note is that he had 16 walks and only 18 strikeouts. That looks like progress.

The best of the Rangers players this winter, either on the 40-man or minor-leaguers, has been first baseman Blaine Crim. It’s not even close.

He entered Tuesday with a .398/.446/.590 slash line for Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican Winter League. Also of note is that Crim, who finished his season at Double A Frisco, had played four of his 22 games at third base.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Right-hander Tomoyuki Sugano has declined the international opt-out clause in his contract and instead will remain with the Yomiuri Giants. Sugano told media outlets, including Yahoo Japan, that his goal was to help the Giants win a championship in 2022, so he will remain in Japan for at least one more season."

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate seeing him make a leap this year and push Lowe elsewhere
had another thought. the Rangers are rumored to be interested in Matt Olsen as a trade target. would you offer a package of Lowe and others for him?