• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows? He stated several times he was having TV issues. Yet he could have continued posting here . Hopefully not sick/covid.
Yeah Covid sucks I'm in my 3rd week with the schitt...

Am feeling lots better but still weak and very little energy, dog is getting upset cause I can't take her out for a daily romp :D

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Covid sucks I'm in my 3rd week with the schitt...

Am feeling lots better but still weak and very little energy, dog is getting upset cause I can't take her out for a daily romp :D
Sorry to hear that. Take care Pardner.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard, both Verlander and Nick Martinez are still free agents because their deals didn't get finalized before the lockout. I would imagine in both cases that it will be taken care of just as soon as they can, but you never know.
Maybe Stromans didn't get finalized either :think:

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that. Take care Pardner.
Thanks...

The first 5 days wasn't bad just thought I had some mild creeping crud with a dry cough, cause about half the time I felt fairly decent and was still working. But the evening of the 5th day it hit me like a ton of bricks and kept me in bed for about 5 days. Going to the ER and getting the monoclonal IV has helped alot but it's still a slow recovery process...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News is slow and almost nonexistant. Somebody strike up the band!!!!

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. Names I had forgotten brought back memories

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

our offseason thread was having a terrific run. sad to say there won't be any new stuff to talk about for a good while.

BUT - the Rangers did do us the honor of making a huge splash before the lockout.

Where is everyone at as far as the moves we've made? Speaking of Seager, Semien, Gray, and Calhoun. The roster gets its biggest offseason upgrade ever, chances are they aren't done yet, and the franchise is rocketed back into relevancy. Yes, there are now some issues when it comes to prospects and how to manage them, but "we have to trade some prospects because we have too many good ones and some are blocked by the big name free agents we just signed" is the kind of problem you want the Rangers to have. They won't contend in 2022, but 2023 is now possible (albeit unlikely). 2024 is definitely when the contention window should open, and stay there for awhile.

Personally, I give this offseason an A-.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our offseason thread was having a terrific run. sad to say there won't be any new stuff to talk about for a good while.

BUT - the Rangers did do us the honor of making a huge splash before the lockout.

Where is everyone at as far as the moves we've made? Speaking of Seager, Semien, Gray, and Calhoun. The roster gets its biggest offseason upgrade ever, chances are they aren't done yet, and the franchise is rocketed back into relevancy. Yes, there are now some issues when it comes to prospects and how to manage them, but "we have to trade some prospects because we have too many good ones and some are blocked by the big name free agents we just signed" is the kind of problem you want the Rangers to have. They won't contend in 2022, but 2023 is now possible (albeit unlikely). 2024 is definitely when the contention window should open, and stay there for awhile.

No doubt about prospects. We may see more action because of them. So many are so talented that we have possibility of landing some big fish hopefully C and SP. A- is a fair grade.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here this might help pass the time, it's not too up to date but better than twiddling thumbs...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to get him back on MILB contract. Think he may have it and maybe health has been overriding issue
So many never work out for one reason or another. Getting him back could possibly work out fine.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is everyone at as far as the moves we've made?
Well, it is definitely different than the course I thought they would take and it is different than the course I wanted them to take. I really like Seager and Semien. I also really like the prospects that they have assembled over the last 2 to 3 years. They have done great in both areas, but I am not sure how each can mesh with the other.

I will give more time to see how things shake out though. One theory is, that they can simply trade these prospects that are blocked for prospects that they need. Another theory is, that they can simply change positions for 2 or 3 prospects and they can be used elsewhere. We are going to have to see if either of those theories actually are true. If not, then these moves this offseason will lose some of their luster for me. I am optimistic right now, but I know we won't really know for awhile.

If they start making these same kind of moves for longer term rotation pieces, then that will disappoint me. I want to see Leiter, Winn, Vanasco, White, and Roby all given a legitimate chance to be rotation members here.

I do think 6 to 8 of our top 20 prospects are going to be used as trade bait, because I sense that, despite what they have been saying, the front office wants to compete for the postseason in 2022.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m happy that we signed some great guys!
I’m happy they proved my wishful thinking right too!! Lol
Super stoked about Corey Seager and his hitting ability. I feel we haven’t had a true hitter since Adrian Beltre left. A little crazy we had to go to that length for Semien but oh well. Glad the last year is smaller in AAV and I’m sure if we need to cut him the last year at least the increased merchandise and ticket sales from the next few years will help pay for that. Super stoked to have a GG bomb dropping second baseman!

I was hoping to get a better pitcher, but now can only hope the staff can get the most out of Gray. He does have great velocity for a SP. I’m betting the Rangers analytics team already has a plan in place to see him pitch to a 3.50-3.85 ERA.

Being that we have some long term players in a few spots I could definitely see us trading some guys to help clear some roster space and also To improve the team. We definitely need a true OF or 2! 1 more SP and maybe a catcher.
There’s still a little money to throw around I would imagine.

As of now I give them a grade of B+
Not too challenging to throw around money lol But definitely not easy to lure elite guys to a losing team. So yeah, B+.

Now if they’re able to pull off signing one more player and making 2 successful trades I will say that’s an A+++ in my book.

Sign one of Seiya Suzuki, Rodon, Kershaw, Schwarber, Grienke etc..
Just need one SP or OF from that group.

Trade for a Catcher like Contreras with intent to extend or MJ Melendez or Austin Nola etc..

Then Trade for whatever we don’t sign from that FA list. Either a pitcher or an OF.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to get him back on MILB contract. Think he may have it and maybe health has been overriding issue
He might be a good candidate to spend 2 or 3 years in Japan.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's offseason thread: 89 pages, 1770 posts.

This year's (as of this post): 188 pages, 3760 posts.