• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up if he was the same guy who couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn when he came up with the Rangers. Shocking!
Guy always filled up the strike zone, almost too much, had no out pitch, couldn't finish off guys with 2 strikes

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guy always filled up the strike zone, almost too much, had no out pitch, couldn't finish off guys with 2 strikes
I remember him more for leading the league in hitting batters in 2015. He was touted as having a lot of potential.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him more for leading the league in hitting batters in 2015. He was touted as having a lot of potential.
Clearly he could hit the broadside of the barn

But nature of the game, he's a guy that lived on the fringes, and sometimes people got hit

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson this morning:

“I think I’m playing second,” Semien said. “Last year, I felt great at second base. Obviously, defensively I was able to win a Gold Glove and swung the bat better. It's a place that I'm still learning, but I feel like I learned things really fast and I was able to execute them there with the coaching staff in Toronto.”

The Rangers discussed the possibility of playing Semien at shortstop, but ultimately decided to keep him at second because Seager has never played there.

Semien was a Gold Glove finalist in 2018 at shortstop while with the Oakland A’s. Seager is apparently open to the idea of switching positions if his defense declines later in his contract.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with our prospects is that a lot of them don't really project well to SS long term either, that's why getting a SS this offseason made sense
Most SS prospects don't defensively, you just don't see the "Defensive Wizards" that you used to see in that position anymore. I'm guessing that's because of all the stats available to the teams now. They can take a player who is better offensively and lesser defensively and be ahead in the game statistically or so they think...

Who knows what the team might have had if Seise had stayed healthy and I don't think they know quite yet what Acuna can bring to the table. As far as the rest of the prospects I agree that 99% of them will move to other positions or never make it at all. There seems to be a couple of guys coming out in 2022 that could fit the bill and stay there because of their defensive prowess that the Rangers might be able to have a chance at getting...

Time will tell...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like seeing that Seager is open to changing positions at some point.

I also liked how the new guys are looking forward to our prospects coming up and building a championship team with them.

We have had some team leaders in the past who didn't necessarily embrace changing positions or helping mentor the younger guys.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager is apparently open to the idea of switching positions if his defense declines later in his contract.
I wonder if they discussed moving him just to help protect him better healthwise to keep him on the field? That's my biggest concern considering his history and how much they have invested in him...

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like seeing that Seager is open to changing positions at some point.

I also liked how the new guys are looking forward to our prospects coming up and building a championship team with them.

We have had some team leaders in the past who didn't necessarily embrace changing positions or helping mentor the younger guys.

*cough* Kinsler *cough*

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Stove Held Hostage - Day 1

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard, both Verlander and Nick Martinez are still free agents because their deals didn't get finalized before the lockout. I would imagine in both cases that it will be taken care of just as soon as they can, but you never know.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time he posted anywhere on the site was back in Sept...

Lost interest, sick, banned, changed names :noidea:
Who knows? He stated several times he was having TV issues. Yet he could have continued posting here . Hopefully not sick/covid.